Talking to Allie | 35

Newt walks me home, and we wait in my room for his mom to pick him up.

"Thank you for tonight, I really needed it," I say, wrapping my arms around Newt and pushing him onto the bed.

"Anytime, love. But maybe next time we can do something a little more safe." Newt says, getting into a more comfortable position on the bed.

"Maybe...a picnic?" I suggest.

"That sounds lovely."

Newt and I lay there, scrolling through social media and other things. Newt's mom comes to pick him up around 10. We say goodbye, and I close the front door. I walk back upstairs to my bathroom and start the shower. I go to my room and pick out a pair of shorts and a matching top. I grab my speaker and head back to the bathroom. I open the shower door and feel the water, it is a little too cold, so I turn it to a hotter setting. I connect my phone to my speaker and pull up Spotify. I go to my favourite songs and play 'You broke me first' by Tate McRae. I hop into the shower, feeling the warm water run over my body and wash away the façade that I have put on. As the song begins to play, I feel a wave of emotions come over me. I start to break down, tears flowing from my eyes down to my cheeks. I miss Allie so much, and nothing I do can take the pain of losing my best friend away. I sit in the shower crying on the floor until I hear my phone ding, telling me that someone has texted me. I get up and lean out of my shower, trying to reach my phone. I opened my phone and see that Allie was the one who texted me. I look at the message.

*ON THE PHONE*

Allie: Hey, I know you're still mad at me, but I needed to tell you that I never meant to make you hate me. I hate that we aren't friends anymore, and I can't help but feel like it's my fault. I just had my first day of high school, and I can't believe that you weren't there with me. I was never planning on breaking you and Newt up. I was just trying to tell my best friend how I felt, and I know Newt's off-limits. I just miss you and wanted to tell you.

Y/n: Allie, I miss you so much, and I want to stop the fighting, but I can't just pass by the fact that you like my boyfriend. I'm trying to forgive you, and you may think I'm over-exaggerating, but what you did hurt. It felt like you were ripping my heart right out of my chest. If you liked Newt from the beginning, you should've told me and not pretended to be supportive of our relationship. I really want to go back to the way we were, and I know it won't be easy, but we will get there someday. Right now, I just want the old Allie back, the one that didn't keep secrets from me. I want my friend back.

Allie: I know I should've told you how I felt, but I was trying to figure out what I felt exactly, and by the time I did, you and Newt were basically already a couple. I'm coming down this weekend to visit the guy, and I hope I will see you there, too, so we can talk this out in person.

Y/n: I will be there. 

*IN PERSON*

I set my phone back down with a sigh and finish showering. I get out of the shower and slip into my pyjamas. I disconnect my phone from my speaker and head to my room. I plug my phone into the charger that is set on my bedside table and turn off my lights. I pull the covers up and get into my bed. I slowly drift to sleep, less nervous for tomorrow than I was yesterday.