"Search for any type of door, it's possibly on the floor," said Norman.

The six of you then spread to your own ways. The building has two floor, one is the main bar and the other is an underground storage. It's a small enough so it doesn't need a take a long time for your team to explore the entire surface.

But you found nothing.

As they are going down from the main bar, Cislo said, "Boss there's nothing upstairs."

"We've checked every potential place to hide the door but nothing is different than ordinary," add Vincent.

You and Norman also found nothing in the storage so far. The doubt about the secret passage is getting stronger.

Barbara pouts. "That smart-ass demon is lying, isn't he? We've come this far only to found nothing."

Norman brings a hand to touch his chin. "You're right. We spent our emergency supplies to come here, it will be a waste if we back empty handed."

You only has food for a few days then you need to hunt fir birds or any animal in the forest. Because of the extended expedition, the spare spice for covering your smell has also been used. You only have enough for a way back and it's crucial when you pass the capital later.

Are you really going to Evighet for nothing?

Even though there's a doubt here that Alvie might be lying, deep down in you really hope he didn't. Because if he did, then he also need to lie about his father and such.

You don't know a single thing about demon and emotion, yet you keep thinking that his sorrow every single time he called his father was so strong. His voice sounded thoroughly genuine.

"Norman I think—" Right when you are about to voice your thoughts, Norman turns his head to one of the shelves.

"There's a place we haven't searched," said Norman.

Your eyes follow his and land at a shelf where they keep the oldest liquor. The shelf is planted deep in the wall and holds at least sixty bottles. Norman chose to left it aside since if any of you made a mistake while taking out the liquor, your team would leave an indelible stain of your trance. Neither of you had deeply study about those drinks but you know the oldest the liquor, the greater it taste, the more expensive it does. The owner must've counted the bottles thoroughly from time to time.

But the shelf does look suspicious, being the only one planted to the wall.

"We have to take those out," said Norman.

"I'll help pull the bottles," you said.

"Me too," said Vincent. He wipes his hand with his handkerchief beforehand.

The three of you are doing your task in silence, completely focus to not let the bottle slip from your hands before it is carefully kept in a sturdy box Barbara and Cislo found.

Minutes later the shelf is empty and you tried to push it forward, nothing happens. You try to push it to left and right, it's also no use. Then Zazie comes to join you and both of you pull the shelf backwards.

You heard Zazie is gasping in awe after he took a peek behind the wooden shelf. There's a hole there. Not as big as the shelf but multiple person should be able to pass through.

The secret passage is truly here.

"Norman?" You look at him while preparing your lantern.

He nods and the both of you enter the hole with you leading at the front.