Chapter 60

Alice spent the next week buried in books trying to figure out a way to help FP or at least to make the slightest improvement, but nothing happened. She was sitting in their bed with three books around her going through one with a red cover when FP walked into the room. "Come on Alice, drop it. Let's go out and do something."

"No, I can't." Alice didn't even look up at FP. She was too focused on what she was doing, it was much harder than she had initially thought.

FP reached for her book and took it away before Alice could react. She looked up at him with an infuriated look on her face. "Give me the book Forsythe, now."

"We're going out. Come-"

"You're going to hell!" Alice stated firmly. She was angry because she was trying hard to help him and all he wanted was to go out as if what she was doing for him and only for him wasn't enough.

The book suddenly disappeared from his hand and appeared in Alice's. "Alice, stop this-"

"Leave me the hell alone, I'm busy." Alice only noticed how bad of an effect her words had on him when he walked out and slammed the door. She walked out after him, but he ran out of the house and she rushed after him, but he was soon out of her sight and Alice would've followed him. Her vampire side was incredibly fast just like his werewolf side, but she hadn't had any blood for too long and she couldn't use those powers.

Later that day FP came back home and he also brough blood for Alice. She looked up from the book just as he set the blood bag on the bed. "Hey FP, can we-"

"Nope, I'm busy going to hell right now." FP said without hesitation and Alice put down to book to show him she was serious. She wanted to apologise for her reaction.

"I was tired, I still am. And very grumpy so I'm sorry for what I said this morning, I really am. It's my fault, I shouldn't have told you to go to hell." Alice said sentence after sentence without waiting for him to intervene until she was finished.

"You're going crazy having yourself locked here with these books, barely any food, blood and fresh air. What's going on?" FP knew she was working to help him, but she was putting in more effort than she seemed to be able to actually put.

"I don't want you to be human, but I have to turn you into a boring human. However I still don't want to but if I don't succeed I'll believe I didn't work hard enough because I'm selfish and stop me please because I'm not making any sense and my head hurts and I-"

"Shhh!" FP covered her lips with his index finger and Alice stopped. She looked at him as she caught her breath after the word storm she just let out. "Once again, slower this time please."

"You want to get rid of your powers, but I don't want that for you." Alice said as FP dropped his hand and just stood still to look at her. She was almost a hundred percent sure that he understood her the first time but was just trying to get more time and figure out what to say. "So I'm working hard because I want this to happen just because you really want it. But I haven't gotten any results yet so I feel like I'm not working hard enough because I'm selfish."

FP sighed. He walked around the room for a moment before he stopped near the window. "I was invited to a high school reunion." He said completely ignoring what Alice had just said, but she was grateful that he didn't blame her the way she blamed herself.

"Ok, and?" Alice asked carefully because she believed he was prepared either her or himself for something.

"I want you to come with me." FP said simply and Alice nodded, but she was still suspicious.

"When?" She asked trying to find a little more because FP didn't seem to want to tell her something, he was just silent until she spoke again.

"Tomorrow night, at the high school in Riverdale. My ex will be there." FP explained a little bit more about his last and only incredibly serious relationship and Alice felt a weird feeling in her stomach. She was jealous that before her there was someone that could make FP feel in certain ways. "So, you coming?"

Alice was curious to see her, she was curious about more things but she decided not to ask anything then because she had a feeling it could've angered FP, so she just smiled, a calm and very calculated smile. "Of course, I just need to figure out what to wear."

"Whatever will do."