Chapter 57

Alice was free of the bracelet within a few minutes and her fingers were fixed. FP was sitting on the bed staring out the window and Alice picked some clothes to get changed. After she had done so she turned to FP. "How far would you have gone?" Alice asked him suddenly.

"What?" But he knew exactly what she meant. He was just delaying having to give an answer.

"What else would you have done to me if we continued?" Alice asked again, she looked at him with her big bright blue eyes. His own eyes were sparkling with tears and he was nervously playing with his fingers. "Would you have killed my parents?"

"Of course not!" FP said without hesitation. After what happened to Doug FP could not live with the idea that he ruined somebody's life, that he basically ended it so he would've never killed someone. "I don't know, but I wouldn't have killed anyone Alice, believe me, please."

"It's so hard to understand you." Alice said as she sighed and knelt in front of him making him look at her after he had just turned his face. "One time you're the definition of bad boy, then the good boy, then the confused boy. Which boy are you?"

FP looked at her as silence settled in the room. Which boy was he? Did he know? Maybe somewhere deep down he did, but he couldn't figure it out then. He was too overwhelmed by the idea of becoming human and letting life take its course until the very end.

"Can I tell you who I think you are? I mean the way I see you." Sometimes Alice knew other people could know someone better than that person knew themselves.

"Do I want to hear it?" FP tried to make a joke, but he was scared that her words might hurt him and not help. In those moments he felt like a lost boy, a helpless boy.

"I think you do." Alice took his hands in hers, she was surprised at how cold they were. "I think that you're amazing. You care about others and I'm saying that despite what happened earlier. But you're confused, I don't know. Anyway, you're a good man."

"After what I just did?" FP asked and he couldn't help but laugh a little as he saw the amused look on Alice's face.

"Yes, after what you did." Alice said simply. She held his hands patiently waiting for them to get warmer, but he didn't plan on letting her do it. He pulled his hands away from her and sighed. "FP..."

"I won't do you any good." FP whispered and Alice looked at him with sadness in her eyes. She reached again for his hands as he leaned back, but she couldn't grab them.

"That's for me to decide." Alice said as she rested her hands on FP's legs. "Let me love you, please." Her eyes were watery and he couldn't say no, mostly because he didn't want to and that look on her face, he meant more to her than he could've ever imagined. "Is this silence a yes?"

FP helped Alice up and she set herself in his lap, her arms wrapped around his neck and her knees bent, close to her chest. FP's arms formed a circle around her body and they both relaxed. "Yes." He said simply and for a while it was simple. Then he remembered his wish to become human, a dull mortal. "I'll die one day, you won't."

"What?" Alice forgot everything for a few moments and only a few seconds later did she realise what FP meant. "Maybe, maybe not." She didn't want him to die before her and she didn't want to die before him. It all would've been much simpler if neither of them died.

"Mortal Alice, I will be mortal." FP pointed out without hesitation and Alice told him that she agreed with him. She didn't want to say the opposite and anger him in those moments when everything was so calm yet so sad and happy at the same time. "You won't."

"If you become mortal I will too, somehow, I don't know how, I don't care." Alice admitted without hesitation and FP let an amused smile spread across his face. "What?"

"You've known me for what? Five minutes?" FP joked, but they did only know each other for way too little, at least what they remembered. "How can you trust our love like this?"

"Because it feels as if I've known you forever FP." Alice smiled and brought her face closer to him. "How about we talk later?" She knew how important what was going to happen was and that was the main reason why she wanted those few hours just for them. "All the details, everything. But after some relaxation, some cuddles, some quietness, ok?"

"All right my love."