3

Midorima's POV

We finished preparing dinner with the help of Minako, Kuroko's little sister. 

"Thanks for your help, Minako. That would be a great advantage to have a company." I said while taking my apron off.

"No problem, Midorima-nii." She said and we high-fived.

Well, I guess cooking with someone is not bad at all. Then Kise and the others came in, even Akashi.

"Wow! It smells good, Midorimacchi!!!" He said while sniffing the food.

"This is a lot of food!!!" Murasakibara exclaimed while drooling. 

"Did you cooked them alone?" Akashi asked. I shook my head and pointed my thumb on Minako behind me, who is removing her apron. Then she joined us.

"Minacchi!!!" Kise screamed and Akashi hit him with his fist. Then, he hold his head hit by Akashi.

"Shut it, Kise." Akashi said and all of us laughed.

"Minako, did you helped Midorima-kun with the food?" Kuroko asked.

"Well, yeah. I saw him a while ago but suddenly burned the vegetables in that pan." She explained and pointed on a pan with charcoal like burnt vegetables.

"O-Oh." Aomine exclaimed. Then, Akashi laughed by the time Minako pointed the vegetables.

"I didn't expect that Midorima made you his babysitter." Akashi laughed. My eyes twitched from his laugh.

"You really said it much, Akashi." I said and everyone laughed.

"Can we eat, Mido-chin? I'm getting hungry." Murasakibara complained.

"Me too!" Aomine exclaimed. I sighed and nodded at them. Then, they started eating. While I was getting food, Akashi went at the back with his food. Where is he going?

Akashi's POV

We all started eating dinner but something's off. I checked everyone and I found out that Minako is not around. So, after I picked my food, I went at the back to check on her. When I got in the back where the pool is, I saw her alone. So, I approached her.

"Minako?" I called. She freaked out by the time I approached her.

"A-Akashi-nii..." She said.

"Is this seat taken?" I asked. She shook her head so I sat down and placed my food.

"Aren't you gonna eat?" I asked.

"I'm not that hungry during at night." She answered. I feel disappointed seeing her not eat, so I placed my food in between us.

"It's bad for a girl to skip dinner." I said and reached a spare of chopsticks to her. She was in shock seeing me being nice but still took the chopsticks.

"Akashi-nii, what about you?" She asked. I showed her my chopsticks that I had on my other hand.

"So, shall we eat?" I asked again. She nodded and we started eating. Seeing her eat makes me happy because I don't want to see a girl skip any meal. During meal, she broke the silence.

"Akashi-nii, have you ever been sad like once?" She asked.

"No, I haven't. Why do you asked?" I said. Then, her happiness turns into sadness which made me shocked.

"Well, I guess none of you had." She said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Our mother called me before coming here in Japan. She said that our dad is having a severe pain in his heart. I became worried what will happen to our dad. Kuroko-nii and I knew the situation, so he is there to protect me..." She explained.

"I-I'm sorry." I said. Then, she smiled at me but I can tell she's sad.

"It's okay. I'll have a trust on my dad to get well soon." She said then suddenly stood up after we finished our food.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"I'll go to the bathroom for a while." She said at went inside. I know that she will cry it out her pain about their father. 

"I guess... I feel sorrow when I see you sad." I said.

Kuroko's POV

We are finished eating and now chatting in the dining table. Suddenly, I heard my sister crying while going upstairs.

"Minacchi?" Kise-kun called but didn't turned around.

"What's wrong with Minachin?" Murasakibara-kun asked. I know what that is.

"Tetsu, you look silent. What's happening?" Aomine-kun asked me.

"I guess she remembered..." I replied.

"Remembered?" Midorima-kun asked.

"Well, our mom called her yesterday telling that our father's illness has gotten worse. But, the doctors decided to treat him abroad. Now, I'm here to take care of Minako so that she won't be lonely." I explained. All of them were in shock in my story about us. 

"D@mn, I didn't expect that..." Aomine-kun sighed.

"KUROKOCCHI!!!" Kise-kun cried. Then, Akashi-kun came in holding a plate with two chopsticks.

"Akashi-kun..." I called. All of us are looking at him.

"Is Minako out yet?" He asked. I shook my head and he sighed while putting his plate in the sink.

"Does she like candy? I can give her some." Murasakibara-kun said and took a bag of candy from his pocket and went up.

"HEY! GIMME SOME!!!" Kise-kun complained.

"NO! I WILL KILL YOU IF YOU TOOK A CANDY!!!" Murasakibara-kun said while keeping the candy to him. And a play time after meal starts for Kise-kun, and Aomine-kun.

"Kuroko, you help Midorima with the plates. I'll check Minako upstairs." Akashi-kun said and went upstairs. Then, it went silent by the time Midorima-kun and I are alone. 

"Kuroko, help me with the dishes." I blushed by the time he called me. But, I went near him to help him. While doing the dishes, he started a conversation.

"Is there anyone peeking?" He whispered. I shook my head after checking our surroundings then he sighed.

"Kuroko... Do they know?" He asked.

"Uh... No..." I answered. He sighed with relief and kissed me on my forehead.

"It's been months now huh..." He exclaimed with a smile on his face.

"Y-Yeah..." I replied.

Flashback...

It started in Winter Cup Championship. We witnessed Rakuzan defeated Shuutoku, he called me to meet him in the nearest street basketball court alone. I went there alone and saw him in standing so I approached him.

"Midorima-kun?" I called and suddenly he hugged me while crying. We knelt down on the center of the court. I've never seen him cry that much so I comforted him.

"We didn't made it..." He said then pulled out his hug at faced me.

"Even if you didn't made it, we can play like before." I said to him and touched his cheeks wiping his tears.

"Eh? Mido---" Suddenly, he pulled me and shoved his lips on mine. I was in shock at him doing that. But instead of resisting, I let him kiss me.

End of Flashback...