Ollie closes his eyes and inhales

Summary: In which Ollie has to deal with Jax being scary sometimes. Got inspired from Jax getting jealous in Switched.

***

'Jealousy isn't a good look on you!' a plaque on the wall said.

Yeah tell that to Jax. Despite his initial protests, Ollie begrudgingly followed his roommate to the edge of the courtyard.

After slipping through numerous hallways, the boys emerged from the gray building into the spacious yard. Ollie trudged silently behind the blond prince who, if you had some aura-detecting vision goggles on, was shaking with rage.

To Ollie, it felt like a mini storm cloud was following every footstep he made as they went closer and closer to the center of the grassy area.

No, Ollie did not consent to bearing witness to another threatening session from Jax. He never did; his roommate would always drag him away and use him as lookout. Though Jax was a royal and most royals were snooty and could get away with threats especially with someone with a lower status, Jax was not like most of them.

In fact, he could not get away with it because as a student in a reform school, behavior like that would land you a yell from Miri and a ticket to detention.

But Jax didn't care, which to Ollie, was a terrifying (and understandable since he too, was a problem child) aspect of him. Now for the reasons as to why Jax had to threaten someone (again) varied.

Ollie created a mental spreadsheet of how much it took to unnerve Jax. For starters, he didn't care about loud noises or disruptions or late submissions for class assignments or blowing up the stables with candy floss and a party canon or anything that could inevitably happen in a reform school. If you made an offensive joke about him, he wouldn't care. If you played a prank and say "It was an accident!", he would probably point out the mistakes in your prank (You can't outdo the trickster himself, was what he said). If you fought against him with bad intentions, you'd somewhat get a warning. Anything that involved him was mild, just a little "Don't do that again." with a charming smile.

Everything else beyond that ticked him off already. Jack was settled in that category simply because they still haven't gotten along despite it being years since they met. If you teased, pranked, or made fun of his friends or sister, Jax would give you a harsh warning. If you harmed them on purpose or put them in danger, then it's a threat. And Jax was not kind to things like those. Ollie had once witnessed the boy protect him. He'd rate the experience a 6/10. Threatening, but not enough to scare him... yet.

Because the worst out of all of them was if you did anything to his best friend.

And this was exactly one of those situations. Nothing scared Ollie more than a fake-smiling Jax confronting anyone just for joking about playing a trick on Gillian Cobbler, the school's most well-known student.

It wasn't a surprise a lot of kids disliked Gilly, a former thief to a reformed kid, who now was aiming to secure a position related to that of Pete's from the DPS. Everyone thrown into Fairy Tale Reform School was caught by Pete, the current chief of the spot Gilly wanted.

Why would you work as someone who would catch kids like us? he recalled someone asking. Ollie and his friends knew Gilly had another career set in her horizons, but for now, the position in the DPS was the stepping stone towards it. Anyone but their group and teachers knew, hence the rest of the student's resentment.

And one of them decided to pull something on her that in Ollie's opinion, wouldn't happen now.

Not with how his roommate was about to set fire to the ground with how he stood before them.

Jax had a calm stance around him, a pretending air of nonchalance that Ollie saw through. Ollie watched as Jax used his best fake charming smile at the group, led by a girl in pigtails. Ollie didn't know her name, but he knew she was one of the problem children from a year below them that didn't like their team.

The girl gave a smug smile and waved her hands in front of him, showing she didn't care about whatever Jax said. Oh he's not gonna like that. She said something that made the group laugh, their giggling suspiciously reminded him of Jocelyn's back when she used to resent them. Jax made no move. Then one of the kids, a tall guy with a beanie raised an object up. Something from Red's shop. If Ollie already knew what to expect, he'd at least try to telepathically warn the group. But he didn't, instead, he backed away.

Ollie's legs stopped moving backward as he bumped a stump and watched as Jaxon Porter grabbed whatever the guy was holding and threw it on the ground, a furious look in his eyes, with a shoe on top of the crushed firecracker on the ground.

Ollie closed his eyes and took a deep, solemn, and probably resigned, breath.

I'll pray for their souls.

***

"How many was that for this week?" the blond asked. Ollie winced at how carefree he sounded. Not after how he watched all hell break loose. The group stood motionless after what had happened, too shocked and scared to move or talk.

"Three? No, four," Ollie replied. Four is way too much for just one week. Ollie had been dragged four times to watch his friend scare the living daylights out of the people who crossed him. And all four were related to Gilly.

Ollie wondered if the girl knew. No one could handle Gilly except Jax, and she had reminded him she could handle things by herself.

I suppose this is the only thing he could do, Ollie thought.

"Does Gilly even know you do this?" Ollie asked. He had always wondered how she would react if she knew how her best friend protected her was to keep herself away from potential firecrackers, whipped cream, or stink bombs. 

"No," Ollie gulped. "But even if she does, I know she'd do the same for me," Jax said, a dangerous glint in his eye.

Grimm please save me.