43

POV: Hae In

Location: the festival

Date: Monday, August 31, 2020

    As Jungkook and I walked around the festival, I noticed an art tent shop. I immediately tugged on Jungkook's arm to get his attention.

    He turned his gaze to me, and I pointed to the tent.

    "You want to go in there, don't you?"

    I nodded as a smile came to my face. Jungkook returned the smile before escorting me to the tent. Before we entered the tent, I read the sign that was outside. It explained that everything in here is made by local artists. After reading the sign, Jungkook and I walked in. Once we did, a lady came up to us. She was the vendor.

    "Hello!" bowed the woman.

    Jungkook and I bowed back.

    "Are you wanting to by something today?"

    Jungkook and I exchanged glances at each other before turning our attention back to the lady.

    "Possibly, we don't know yet." I answered.

    "Ah, you need to search around first." smiled the woman. "Well, it doesn't matter if you buy something or not. Just have a wonderful time!"

    The vendor bowed again before turning around and walking off.

    Jungkook and I were casually going through the tent. After some time, I spotted the most beautiful thing. I let go of my boyfriend's hand and headed to the painting. I felt Jungkook's eyes on me, and I knew he knew that I found something that I like.

    The boy moved over my way. As Jungkook was walking to me, he asked, "What did y-"

    I cut the boy off stating, "I need this."

    Once Jungkook got to me, he spotted what I wanted.

    "You don't need fan art of Han Jisung." remarked the older. "You already have enough. Plus, I drew a different picture of him from every era for your birthday. I also drew a picture of Minsung because you didn't have fan art of them."

    I glared at Jungkook. I didn't mind his words and picked the painting up.

    Jungkook sighed.

    "You're going to buy it anyway, aren't you?"

    I nodded, grabbed his hand, and walked over to the vendor.

    Jungkook and I were almost to the vendor, yet Jungkook stopped us. Before I could ask why he stopped us, he spoke up.

    "Before you buy it, how much is it?"

    "I didn't check."

    I flipped the painting over and found a little price tag on the back. After checking the price, I flipped the painting back around and spoke saying, "It's ₩20,000." (about $20 U.S dollars)

    The older didn't saying anything. I didn't know what the silence meant. I ignored it and pulled him to where to the vendor stood.

    Once the lady noticed the two of us walking to her, she smiled saying, "Ah, hello again! Do you need something?"

    I nodded.

    "Yes, I would like to buy this."

    I showed the lady the painting. She took it and guided Jungkook and me to the back to the back of the tent. It was to the bagging area. I guess that's what it is called.