19

POV: Hae In

Location: a few blocks from her house

Date: Tuesday, February 25, 2020

    Jungkook and I just talked about how our day was and what we are going to do when we get home. It was actually a pleasurable conversation. I was shocked. Jungkook made me smile and laugh some, and I did the same for him. It was odd, but I enjoyed not fighting.

    After a while, we got to my house. Jungkook walked me to the door and began to end the conversation.

    "I actually enjoyed our spent time together." Jungkook told me.

    "Same here." I agreed.

    "Would you like me to walk you to school tomorrow?" he offered, making my eyes widen.

    "Don't give me the Jungshook face, okay."

    He seemed defensive. Most likely because of my reaction to his offer.

    "No need to get defensive." I stated.

    "Now, I would like to go with you to school tomorrow."

    I smiled, the boy returning it.

    "It's set then." Jungkook uttered, seeming happy.

    We then bid our goodbyes before Jungkook walked down the two steps to walk home. He turned around and smiled a genuine smile as I return it. I then turned towards the door, got out my key, and unlocked the door.

    I slipped inside, shutting and locking the door afterwards. I escorted myself to my room. Once to my room, I changed and put my things away. After that, I sat at my desk and pulled out things from my backpack to work on homework.

    I first opened my notebook that I brought up earlier. It's basically a diary, but I don't consider it as that. Not because it's actually a notebook, but I only use it to write about things that happened throughout my day that was interesting and different. I write in it after school and before bed. Sometimes in between on an odd day.

    I wrote about how Jungkook paid me ₩50,000 and how he called himself an a**hole. I would've forgotten to write about those things if it wasn't for me putting a sticky note on the front of the notebook. Those things are a life saver. Trust me on that.

    I wrote about how Minjun made me question if I keeping those paper hearts for money or for some other reason. I put down how I held Tae's hand today and how Seohyun told us holding hands wasn't allowed.

    I then explained about the time Tae and I had a mini assignment for photography class, and I expressed how cool I believe it was for Mrs. Kim to teach us how to be different by the mini assignment she gave us.

    I began writing how I got to see my brother and his members at school and how I got to take their photo for my mini assignment. I expressed how happy I was to see him and the others. I still can't stop smiling every time that moment comes to mind.

    I started writing about when Taehyung and I got the highest score for that fun assignment, and I wrote about how I ruined Tae's celebratory moment by telling him that we probably got the best score because we were the only ones to get a shot of the idols. Luckily my seatmate got over it quickly because his soulmate showed up.

    I then explained when I revealed to Jungkook how one of the idols that came to school today is my brother. I jotted down how I was confused because Jungkook already seemed to know that. I wrote about how Jungkook walked me home, telling about the fun we had.

    As soon as I finished, I put the notebook away and began to work on my homework. I ended up taking a break from homework to put the Polaroid photo of the idols on a baseball card binder that I used for all of my Polaroid pictures. I made sure not to forget to put the date, place, and who the people were on the bottom of the photo before putting it in the binder.

    I placed the binder back on the self before finishing my homework. While doing my work, I received a message. I stopped what I was doing and pick up my phone.

    "1 new message from 'unknown.'"

    I decided to unlock my phone and check who messaged. I was shocked after reading the message.

Unknown: Hi, it's Jungkook! Tae hyung gave me

your number. I wanted to ask what time you

wanted me to pick you up tomorrow. Answer

when possible.

    I saved Jungkook's number and changed his name from "unknown" to "Jungkook." I could have been original, but I didn't want to waste time on that. After saving the number and changing the name, I messaged back.

Hae In: Well, hello there.

Kook: Hi!

Hae In: So you want to know when you can pick me up, huh?

Kook: Did you even read the message?

Hae In: Why else would I ask you that question?

Kook: Okay then.

Kook: What time tomorrow?

Hae In: Is 7:15 okay?

Kook: That early?!

Hae In: Don't act like you don't leave early too.

Kook: Fine, I won't.

Hae In: I could leave at seven, but I like having fifteen minutes before I leave.

Kook: What do you do in those fifteen minutes?

Hae In: I have a quick Stray Kids, Tomorrow X Together, or Monsta X concert.

Hae In: I have been having Stray Kids concerts more now though.

Kook: So you spend fifteen minutes dancing and singing around your room at 7 AM to preform for yourself?

Hae In: Don't forget rapping!

Kook: No wonder you show up to school looking tired.

Hae In: I'm not actually tired. I'm doing it so you don't talk to me.

Kook: I'll keep that noted.

Hae In: Well, I have to go. I have homework to finish.

Kook: Yeah, so do I.

Hae In: Wait, you do homework?

Kook: Girl, I'm a straight A student.

Kook: Well, I kind of am.

Hae In: What do you mean "kind of?"

Kook: I am a straight A student in all classes except one.

Hae In: Which one?

Kook: Lunch.....

Hae In: How are you failing lunch?

Kook: I haven't shown up in a while.

Hae In: Then eat with me tomorrow.

Kook: Okay!

Kook: Wait what?

Hae In: Bye!

Kook: Bye......-_-

     I press my home button before locking my phone, chuckling at Jungkook. How can one conversation, one walk home just change how we speak to each other? Did my brother say something that changed Jungkook?

    Then, a realization sunk in. Was my brother the one to tell Jungkook that we are related? That means something happened, and Jungkook pushed his buttons. I don't know this for certain so I'll message my brother about it at some point.

End of part nineteen