Chapter 32 (PT.1)

(a long chapter- it was getting too long, above 4000 words due to which I divided the part into two. The next update will have the second part of the chapter and might be shorter than this. Then an epilogue).

(Though the chapter is long, I request you to read the entire thing as otherwise, the story will feel unconnected and quick if you skip parts- though you can skip the mature scene, of course).

////////

Jin came out of the bathroom, wearing light blue track-pants while he dried his hair with a towel. His wet brown hair was stuck on his forehead and his skin was a beautiful shade of red- an after shower effect.

Slipping on a white shirt, Jin headed to the kitchen where Jungkook was cooking breakfast with the radio playing in the background. He smiled at Jungkook who was trying to flip the omelette but failing to do so.

This was his life now. 

A small but spacious apartment in the city next to the one he grew up in. The house was a mix of Jungkook and Jin's tastes- splatters of black and blue and pink everywhere. There was always the radio playing and the weekends meant a drive to their parents house. They were happy. They were boyfriends. They were in love. 

This was the life Jin always wanted. Most of it, anyways.

"Here, hyung. Let me do it. You can set the table till then". Jin says and takes the spoon from Jungkook. The other looks at him and smiles, bunny teeth coming out. He is dressed in a blue shirt and black trousers- office attire. 

"How was sleep?" 

"It was good, hyung". 

Jungkook starts taking out the plates and glasses. "Are you still sore?"

Jin blushes, even though it's not the first time, but replies in a steady voice. "No, hyung".

"Well, Jinnie, in this morning I just received a mail saying that there is an emergency meeting coming up the next city over- and it will be back to back, so I would have to stay there overnight. The hotel room will be booked by the company itself. Will you be okay staying alone or should I drop you to mom and dad's house?"

"No, hyung. I will be fine. I have stayed alone during your tours once in a while. Don't worry about me". 

Jungkook frowned. "How can you say that? Of course I will worry about you, Jinnie. Also, you should stop being cooped up in the house and do other things people of your age do. This is not good for your health. Have some fresh air, have fun". 

"My age?" Jin gives the other a pout, bringing the food over to the table. "What do most 21 year olds do?" 

"Ask Ken and Jackson". Jungkook says, sitting and starting to eat. "Actually, don't. They party too much".

"Exactly". Jin says with a grin. "Plus, I am almost completed with my novel".

Jungkook's eyes widen. "You are? That's great, Jinnie. We should start looking for a publisher soon, after you have done your editing and all. So far, I have read a couple of your chapters and it's amazing, I am sure you will find someone willing to publish your book". 

Jin smiles. "Thank you, hyungie....but....sometimes I think I am being a burden to you". 

Jungkook stops eating and puts his fork down. "And why do you think that?"

"It's you who works and brings the money to our house while all I do is write a book". Jin is looking at his plate now, face forlorn.

He feels a hand on top of his own and sees Jungkook looking at him with an adoring look on his face. "You also take care of the house, Jinnie. You take care of me. You love me. And that's all I need. Plus, I am sure after you release your book, you will be bringing money over too. Money is not the problem and you are not being a burden either".