Chapter 4

"Hello, Jin! How are you sweetie?"

Mrs Nahm, one of the caretakers in the orphanage, greets me. Two trays are carefully balanced in both of my hands with vanilla iced cupcakes on one and rainbow sprinkled chocolate cupcakes in the other- both a favourite for the people who come for the bake sale on Tuesday.

"Where is Jungkook?" Mrs Nahm asks me while she helps me place the trays carefully on a wooden table in the centre. There are other people here too, who have brought their own goods.

"He has gone to park the car, Mrs Nahm". I reply and she nods, walking away to take care of the other people.

Soon enough hyung comes to our table, a plastic box in his hands which contains chocolate cake for the kids to eat after the bake sale. 

Hyung always leaves work early on Tuesdays to pick me up from school and accompany me to the bake sale.

There is still time for the usual people and volunteers to arrive, so I take a seat on one of the stools behind the table whereas hyung takes the other one.

"Jinnie! How was college today?"

"It was good, hyung. Proffesor Kang- you know, my favourite teacher- gave us this really interesting project to us. For Shakespeare Out Loud. We are also going to have a Shakespeare themed ball a few days before prom and the graduation party. We can dress up in any outfit that belongs to the Shakespeare era!"

Jungkook hyung smiles at me. "You sound really excited about it. Your teacher sounds fun. Is the project just that? Going to a ball? Man, I wish I had projects like these back in my days. Shit, scratch that. It makes me sound old when I graduated barely a few years ago". 

I laugh and Jungkook hyung looks at me, offended. 

"What? You think I am old? Why are you laughing, Jinnie?"

"It's nothing hyung. It's just that, our project also contains some actual academic work. We all are given a book to read and we are supposed to research on it, do some reviews and character studies. You know, the typical novel researching. And then- the most important part- we are supposed to choose the main theme of the book and write something about it. That is going to be an individual one". 

"Oh, that sounds....boring. Is all of it individual work? That must be a lot".

"It is a lot but no, it isn't individual. We have partners. Our class has been collaborated with a couple of Fine Arts students as their teachers are accompanying the first years in an Amsterdam trip- lucky them. My partner is...TaeTa- Taehyung. Kim Taehyung". 

I almost slipped TaeTae out of my mouth. No one knows about this ,well, apart from my phone which doesn't have a mouth so my secret's safe. 

I am also pretty sure I am blushing right now but thankfully a middle aged woman comes to our table and takes an interest in the vanilla cupcake.

I get up and answer to her questions. 

Soon enough more people start coming and the crowd gets bigger- most of them are regular people who I have talked to more than once, a hi here and a hello there. 

After 40 minutes or so, the crowd starts thinning. 

After the space gets somewhat empty apart from one or two newcomers, I finally sit back on the stool. Jungkook hyung is still busy with a woman with a sour faced mouth who insists that the price of the cupcakes are too high even when the price hyung and I decided are reasonable and after all, the money goes to the orphanage. Who cares if you pay a couple of cents extra for good?