Chapter 5

Jungkook's POV

Jinnie is still looking at me.

The song is playing in the background.

I want to stop the car and hold Jin. Kiss him. Right now.

But I can't.

I am his step brother. That's all I am.

And Jin staring at me doesn't mean it gives me consent to do the things to him I have always dreamt of.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

We finally reach home and Jin jumps out of the car giving me time to adjust my pants.

Jinnie licking his lips must have been purely unintentional but that's not what my Jungkook Junior thought. And the fact that it was straining against my pants wasn't really comfortable.

I wait for the hardness to go a bit down and then get out of the car.

Mom and Dad have already arrived seeing that it's 7:15 pm now. The orphanage is pretty far from our home which is located smack center in the town.

"Hello, dear! How did the bake sale go?" Mom asks me from the kitchen as soon as I step in.

Dad is setting the table.

"It went well, Mom".

"That's great. Its amazing that you both are still doing this for 5 years straight. And, Jungkook dear?"

I hum while unlacing my shoes.

"Is Jin okay? Did something happen? He ran upstairs as if he were being chased by dogs".

I internally grin. Seems like he was affected by our little moment in the car too.

But again, that doesn't mean he feels the same way I do.

I am about to tell her that nothing happened when Dad cuts in- "Honey, he must have had wanted to use the washroom. No big deal".

Mom grins and returns cooking.
"Freshen up and come for dinner, okay? Its noodles today!"

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Dinner went by quickly.

Jin told Mom and Dad about the project he has and it seemed like he was really looking forward to it.

Jin getting hyper about books and stuff was not unusual but him getting this excited about a project was.

It must have to do something with the Taehyung guy. Just thinking about him brings a sort of queasiness in my stomach. Like I am about to throw up.

It makes me want to hold Jinnie and tell him that he should stop having crushes and looking at other boys when there is someone right in front of him. 

I just hope this Taehyung guy isn't mean to Jinnie.
I would break this guy's jaw if he hurts my Jinnie.

I turn the knob on Jin's bedroom door. He never locks it. He knows I will come to wish him goodnight. Its our ritual.

It was also a ritual for him to come snuggle beside me and for me to spoon him and then for us to go to sleep.

That was before Yoongi told me that sleeping right next to him won't really help me control my feelings for him. That was why I told Jin firmly one day to sleep in his own room.

I still remember his downcast face and him walking back to his room silently.

All through the night, I heard his sniffles through the shared wall between our bedrooms and I have been having sleepless nights ever since.

Jin's room is dark, apart from a star shaped lamp on his bedside table. He bought that after the day I told him to stop sleeping beside me.

He is awake now, reading Romeo and Juliet. All I know about that book was that it was a tragedy romance and both the characters were fools.

Jin looks at me and he smiles.

I thought he might want to distance himself from me after the car radio incident but no. My Jinnie is sweet as he ever was.

"Hyungie!"

I smile and sit next to him on the bed. He smells of strawberries and pillows and everything home.

He comes closer to me and puts his head on my shoulder, keeping the book aside.

"You smell nice, hyungie".

"You too, Jinnie".

I slip my arm underneath his body and he snuggles up next to me, wrapping his right hand over my stomach.

"I love staying like this with you, hyungie".

My heart melts. I can feel it melting.

"Me too, Jinnie. Me too".

We stay like that.

5 minutes later, I feel his warm breathing on my chest.
His beautiful face is scrunched up in a pretty pout. I want to kiss his lips, tell him that he is beautiful, that I want to stay like this forever but being something more.
Something more than just family.
More than just step brothers.

I want to kiss his lips, yes- and his face, his hands.

When I turned 14, I started to see my 10 year old Jinnie in a way that most brothers don't usually see.

When he pouted at me angrily, when he bent down to get something, when he dressed up as a Prince and called me his Bunny Hyungie.

I called him my Prince.

I always used to consider the thoughts as a result of my too excited hormones, as lust.
But even after sleeping with almost every other girl in my class, I realised it wasn't just lust.

It was something more.

I felt my heart squeezing whenever Jin mentioned having a crush. I felt like picking up a gun and shooting whoever made my Jinnie cry.

I dated several girls, thinking that these "weird feelings"  would stop then. It never did. It just grew stronger.

It didn't help that Jin always looked sad whenever I mentioned dating someone. It didn't help the way he looked at me when I returned from gym.

On his 20th birthday, I lost it. I broke the chains I had tried so hard to build around my heart.

A fear grappled me- my Jinnie was grown up now. It was the perfect age for him to fall in love. And I don't think I would have been able to survive him looking at someone with love while I looked at him.

But I knew Jinnie wouldn't feel the same. The society won't think it right. My parents would find me wrong.

A few weeks before Jin's twentieth birthday I realised something that would probably hurt even more than seeing Jin loving someone else.

It was the fact that I loved him.

I loved my Jinnie.

Way more than a step brother should.

And I don't think it's something I could control anymore.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I know I said there will be Taejin in this chapter but I felt like I had to include Jk's POV to clear his side too. He isn't just a teasing step brother who can't control his hormones.

I will do some POV's like these to progress the story and justify each character.

Where the name is not specified above- it will be Jin's POV. He is still the main revolving character.

And now I promise that the next chapter will include Taejin😂

Also, seeing that I haven't included any Taejin backstory (seeing that there is none from Jin's side), doesn't mean there isn't any.

There is still Tae's pov.

Thank you for reading, love you!💜