Chapter 14

Taehyung's POV 

"Can I have two scoops of chocolate?" 

Jin is looking at the glass case like a small child, eyes hovering over the various ice cream flavours. We are inside the ice cream parlour right now. A part of me thought that Jin wouldn't come so I was very surprised when I saw Jin waving at me with a cute hamster like smile on his face.

I hope he didn't see the foolish faces I had made towards the little girl. I must have looked terrible. 

"Of course, angel". I pause. Was I still allowed to say that? I sneak a look towards Jin and see him giving me a soft smile. Guess he didn't mind it.

"I will take vanilla with strawberry sauce, please". I say to the person behind the counter and proceed to take out my wallet. I have started to save some of my money for my angel, to buy little things for him and treat him.

Suddenly, a hand grabs my wrist.

"Can I pay for it?" Jin asks me.

Was he pitying on me? Did he sneak a glance towards my wallet? It barely had any money inside anyways. 

"Why? I am paying for it, right? You don't need to worry".

Jin huffs. "You pay for yours then and I will pay for mine! I don't like other people paying for my stuff. Unless it's my parents, of course".

I shake my head at his cuteness. He unknowingly had managed to save some of my money but I wouldn't have minded starving for my angel either, just so I could feed him ice cream everyday.

We both grab our ice creams- a cup for him and a cone for me and make our way outside.

"So, angel-".

"Taehyung!" 

I look back to see Jimin and a tall, caramel skinned guy waving at me.

Jin nods at them and we both walk over. As much as glad I am to see my best friend here with his potential to- be-date-and-daddy, this was really not the right time.

"Jin! How are you? You didn't talk to me after the carnival". Jimin says while putting an arm around Jin.

When I see no reply, I turn to look at Jin gazing at the other guy.

Before I can call him, the guy says-

"Jin?"

"Joon hyung!" Jin smiles widely and hugs the guy with his left hand, ice cream cup in the other.

Something burns inside my heart. Who was this Joon and why was my angel hugging him?

"What are you doing here?" Joon asks after disentangling from the hug. "Where is JK?"

Now, who is JK?

"Uh...hyung just returned from office. I am here with Taehyung. He is my-", Jin pauses. "Project partner".

Jimin rolls his eyes softly at the side and glares at me. Coming beside me while Jin and Joon are busy talking, Jimin prods my shoulder.

"You didn't apologize to him yet?"

I glare back at him. "I would have if you hadn't interrupted me. And who the fuck is this Joon?"

Jimin pouts and though it looks cute on Jin, it just looks weird on Jimin. I guess because he is my best friend and not my three year long crush.

"Even I didn't know that he was Joon. I thought he was Namjoon! That's what he told me anyway. How does Jin know him?"

"I wish I knew".