Chapter 24

*Chapters from now on will be in 3rd person, unless stated otherwise. Love you!*

Jin's POV

Jin ran upstairs to his room as soon as Taehyung left.

The tears that he had forced back into his eyes while dinner, threatened to spring up again. He locked the door and jumped on his bed, face first. And then he let it out.

They weren't the audible kind of tears- the one where there would be heaving sobs. Maybe it was because he should have been expecting this.

His hyung had started distancing himself, he barely talked to Jin- it was only normal that he would suddenly have a girlfriend too.

What Jin did not understand was that why Jungkook bothered to kiss him that day on the hill. That single kiss ruined everything.

It raised hopes- hope that Jin and his step brother could be something more. That his own brother might like him in a romantic way too.

But it ruined whatever relationship they had before that. Their brotherhood. Their fun and easy banter, how they used to share everything.

Perhaps, if the kiss never happened, Jin would not be in his room right now, crying about something so stupid.

It wasn't the first time Jungkook had a girlfriend. He had had many before this. But that stupid kiss made Jin believe there wouldn't be more.

And Jungkook was older now. Almost about marrying age. What if this was serious? What if Jungkook wanted to marry this random girl Jin had never met before?

Jin takes his RJ pillow and hugs it tight for comfort. The teardrops on his face were getting sticky now, itchy on his smooth skin.

Jin felt terrible about himself. What kind of person was he if he couldn't be happy about his brother finding someone to love? No, Jin was happy. He just wished that he was the person who got to be loved by his Jungkook hyung.

Were his feelings nothing to his hyung?

He knew he was making a big deal about the kiss and that he was being overly emotional about it- but to Jin, it wasn't just a kiss. It was something that triggered his already romantic feelings towards his hyung.

A ding echoes around Jin's bedroom and he peeks from under his pillow to see a new message on his phone.

TaeTae: thy project partner has reacheth home. How are thou?

A giggle escapes Jin's mouth- even in between the tears.

Me: someone has been heavily influenced by Shakespeare

No matter how sad and devastated and stupid, Jin couldn't deny sending back a reply to the person who made him feel special. Someone, who was a literal ball of happiness.

TaeTae: guess Romeo and Juliet's kiss has made me a teeny bit more interested in Shakespeare

Me: yes, Leonardo tends to have that effect.

TaeTae: totally, he a package. Though I like to go for the bottoms

Jin blushes on his bed, understanding what Taehyung meant very well. A part of his heart leaps in joy.

Taehyung was gay! Or bisexual.

What did Jin mean by saying "a part of his heart?"

Perhaps, 60% of his heart was still hung up on the news that his hyung (and love interest since he was...fourteen?)- had a girlfriend. The other 40% was happy that Taehyung was gay.