Chapter 17

Jin's POV

Is it bad if you are falling for someone while you have already fallen for someone else? 

It's messed up but I can't help myself. Not when Tae is showing his boxy, rectangular smile towards me- eyes looking at me like I was something very precious. Not when he kept on calling me angel with the deep voice of his which can make anyone go crazy. 

Not when my heart decided to thunder in my chest at the sight of him.

........................

As I promised Ken and Jackson, towards the end of lunch Tae and I separate ways so I can meet my friends and go to our respective classes. 

By the time I reach the usual table I used to sit in, Ken is the only one left. 

"Where is Jackson?" I ask him while he gets up from the seat, putting an arm on my shoulder.

"He drank too much juice which led him a quick trip to the washroom". Ken says and I chuckle. 

We go towards the nearest washroom and lean against the wall, waiting for Jackson to get his business done quick. 

"So, a lunch with Prince Charming, huh? I already told-". Ken begins saying but gets cut off by a girl coming from the opposite washroom. 

"Look who it is! Taehyung's pity project". The girl sneers while looking me up and down. 

I suddenly start to feel small. 

It didn't help that my mind did question Taehyung's sudden interest towards me (that too in the end of college year) and what a popular boy like him gained while hanging out with a nobody like me. 

"Shut the hell up!" Ken says, already coming into defence mode for me. 

The girl turns to him. "Or what? You will fight for Mr Pity On Me over there? Tell me, whoever you are, how does it feel like to know that the college sweetheart is talking to you? Did you know, that no one even knew you existed until the day Taehyung suddenly gave you a ride on his bike out of nowhere?" 

Ken starts to say something but I pull him back. 

Bullying wasn't new to me. I had always been a loner, a nobody since childhood. The fact that it will also continue in college wasn't unexpected. I had thought that I had escaped it but here it was. 

Earlier, Jungkook hyung used to fight against my bullies but now I was grown up. I was supposed to defend myself but I wish again hyungie was here, telling me that he will always be here for me. 

"What? You got no words? Such a pathetic bi-".

"Irene, that's enough. If you don't shut the fuck up, your pretty little nose will be smashed against the washroom door. You wouldn't want that to happen, would you?" A cold and deep voice comes from beside us, the door of the boy's washroom.

Taehyung is standing there, with his arms crossed- a cold expression on his face. 

The girl- Irene- changes her expression into a nice one. 

"Taehyung! Oh my god, how are you? Been ages since we talked right? I was just telling your friend here how nice of a guy you are and how lucky he is-". Irene gets interrupted before she can say further nonsense.

"Irene, you used to be my friend once, that's why I am really controlling my urge to scream at you. I am not deaf, I heard everything clearly from inside the washroom. I was just waiting to stop you. Leave, right now".