Chapter 15

Jungkook's POV

When you want to show your father the new drawing you made but a phone call from work comes and he says "later".

When you want to sing a song for your mother that you worked hard on but when you are about to, she says you are wasting your time and instead you should study.

When you type long paragraphs to someone and all you get is an "ok".

That's how it felt when Jin said he was going out with Taehyung.

That small hope, crushed.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I lock the door to my room, remove my office coat, grab my laptop and sit on the bed.

Switching it on, I go to Files and click on the one folder that contains everything.

My heart, my world.

A thousand of pictures and videos light up on the screen.

The first one is Jin waving at the camera, small crooked fingers turned up in the air. The photo is blurred seeing as I was not as experienced back then. This was the first photo I clicked. And it was of Jin.

I let out a small smile at the next one. Its clicked by mother.

Jin is sitting on my lap and I am trying to feed him something from a spoon but his head is turned away from mine with a small pout.

After that is the video of the same scene.

"Jinnie! Come on, eat it. Its just mashed banana!" I hover the spoon next to his mouth, imitating an airplane.

"No! I not like banana! I want icy".

Mother laughs from behind the camera. "Jin, see hyung is feeding you. You don't want to hurt hyung, right?"

Jin looks at me with his wide doe eyes. "Hyungie, you hurt?"

I was enjoying feeding Jin but the only way to get him to eat the banana was to say I was hurt.

"Yes, Jinnie. You are not eating the banana from me. I am very sad".

Jin's eyes go bigger and he shakes his head. "No no! I not want hyungie sad. I not want him cry. Give banana. I eat it".

He opens his mouth and I feed him.

He used to eat food only from me. Whenever someone was going to feed him something he did not like, he would scream out "hyungie!" And I would rush to him and coax him.

The next video is of Jin dressed up with a crown on top of his head. He must be 8 years old then. I would have been in 7th grade. 

"Hyungie! Look at me! Mom gave me this crown. Do I look good?" 

I come into the frame and leave a peck on Jin's hand. "You look very handsome, my prince". Jin giggles and I see his ears turning red. It's a habit he developed since a young  age- whenever someone complimented him or he received too much attention- his ears would turn red. 

"But you are the handsomest!" Jin says while straightening his crown. 

"Nuh uh, my Jinnie is the handsomest. Okay, prince?" 

Jin nods his head. "If I am prince then you are my bunny!" 

12 year old Jungkook pouts angrily and stands straighter. "Bunny? No, I am not. I am Mr Hot and Sexy".