Chapter Twenty Six

Začít od začátku

      “Don’t. None of this is your fault, the only person to blame is Daniel.” I tell her and she nods.

      We sit in the library, the whole group is gathered around in the table. I had come here after I arrived, hoping to find them here, and I did.

      “Are you still going to come on Friday?” she asks and I smile.

      “I’d be nuts not to.”

      The bells rings, dismissing us to lunch and I walk to my locker. Tanner isn’t at his yet and I shake my head for taking the time to notice. I put my books in my locker and put the ones I will need for homework inside my bag so I will not have to come back when everyone is gone.

      “Hey Brooklyn.”

      His voice makes me jump and I slam my head against the roof of my metal locker.

      “Ouch” I mutter, ignoring the chuckling beside me.

      I poke my head out and rub the spot where I it. I open my eyes that had been clenched shut from the blow and look at him, my body instantly freezing at the sight of him.

      Shit. I mutter to myself. Great. Just fricken great.

      “What do you want Roderick?” I ask him, making my glare icy.

      “Just wanted to see how you were doing, heard you have been having it a little rough since I have been gone.” he shrugs, leaning against the lockers beside mine and crossing his arms.

      “It’s none of your concern.” I tell him, turning sideways and shutting my locker before turning to leave. He grabs my hand and turns me around, making my eyes widen.

      “Can’t you let the past be the past? Can’t we be friends?” he murmurs, making his face go inches from mine and I pull my face back.

      “Can’t you just leave me alone? Forget about what we started and just move on to your next victim?” I hiss, pulling my arm away as I continue to glare coldly at him.

      “I never meant to hurt you.” he says lamely, taking a step forward but I take one back.

      I can feel people’s eyes on us as they watch our encounter. I already had enough attention on my from Daniel’s incident, I didn’t need this too.

      “O, and I’m sure all that was going through your head that night you were having lunch with your other girlfriend, were good intentions? You’re a phony. A fake. A asshole. And I want nothing more to do with you, so stay away from me.” I growl, turning away from him once again, this time, instead of grabbing my arm, he hurries to stand in front of me and blocks my path. “Move.” I command, trying to get past him but he continues to block my way.

      “Let me make it up to you! Let me take you out for coffee? Dinner? I want to show you how sorry I am!” he insists.

      “You make me sick.” I say, putting as much venom in my voice that I could.

      “I know I probably do now but let’s work it out! Then maybe I won’t be so bad!”

      “Roderick-…”

      “Leave her the hell alone.” He growls, his hand sliding onto my upper arm.

      “Hey Parker,” Roderick grins, flashing his white teeth.