daddy's girl pt. 2

pt 2 to daddy's girl!

a sleepy smile forms at my lips as i reminisce over the events of last night.

vinnie lays half on top of me, snuggling into my bare chest as sheets drape over his lower body revealing his toned back. i let out a yawn, wanting to fall back asleep before vinnie's voice interrupts me.

"morning, beautiful" i turn my head around to face vinnie, the slight rasp in his voice has my heart racing.

"hi" i reply softly, before the light sound of feet scurrying across wood invades me ears.

the slightly-opened door pushes open, a light-brown curly haired 4 year old runs into the room, climbing over the both of us.

i pull the covers over vinnie's bare body, and mine.

"hi mommy. hi dada" luna whispers as she rubs her tired eyes, clutching a stitched-up doll to her chest.

vinnie pulls her to his chest, tickling at her sides as she lets out raucous giggles.

"hi luna" i mumble against a kiss to her forehead. i watch as she plays with vinnie's fingers in her lap.

"is there a baby in there now?" luna questions, her emerald green eyes beaming up at me.

i glance at vinnie, opening my mouth to speak but closing it shortly after.

"i don't know honey, maybe" vinnie lips curve into a smile as the words leave my lips.

"really? i'm gonna name her baby luna" she giggles, jumping onto vinnie's stomach. i chuckle at her words.

he widens his eyes, holding her close to his chest.

"dada?" he strokes her short auburn curls, just like his.

"can i have a baby? just like mommy?" i burst out laughing, unable to control my laughter.

"what?" she furrows her thin brows, gazing at me confused.

vinnie presses his lips together, darting his eyes all over the room.

"erm, luna honey, you're too young to have a baby. kids, like you, can't have kids themselves!" he jokes, tickling her.

"but i want one dada" she pouts, crossing her arms over her chest.

"i know, i know"

"but you'll take such good care of your potential sibling that it'll basically be like it's your baby!" a small smile forms at her lips at his words.

"how does a baby get in there anyway?" she curiously asked, turning to face me.

"well mommy and dada have this thing called se-"

i place my finger over vinnie's lip, widening my eyes at him.

"and mommy screams and-" i cover his mouth with my hand, shushing him.

"mommy screams?" luna raises her eyebrows, a slight frown falling at her lips.

"no, no, mommy doesn't scream. during that special time dada and i have to ourselves when you're fast asleep, a baby is magically created, sometimes" i explain

"oh" she mutters.

i glance at vinnie to see him still recollecting himself from laughing too much.

the rest of our morning is spent with luna asking us 'is there a baby in there now?' every 5 minutes. my response is always 'maybe' even though i know there most likely is.