5. miracle mikaelson

When Hope returned and found her single dorm, the moment she hit the bed, she was out cold. She and Mason stayed up past midnight, talking about how unwanted they were from the school cliques until Caroline finally found them and helped Hope locate her room. Turns out she was one of the few that had their own chambers.

And when the morning alarm rang down the hallways, she regretted staying up so late. She rolled out of bed and opened one of her suitcases, promising herself that she would fully pack out tonight. When she got freshened up, she stepped out of her room and followed the other students to the main hall.

Hope walked beside Josie while Lizzie was far off with the other witches. "What's going on? Are we going to breakfast?"

"My dad called a meeting, we'll eat after," she explained.

"Right, your father is the headmaster," Hope nodded to herself. "Any chance you know what this meeting is about?"

"Last night."

Instantly, Hope paled. By the time they arrived in the hall, Josie had dispersed and found Lizzie. Hope wasn't sure where to sit, with all the witch faction seats occupied. It seemed Lizzie did it on purpose but Hope wasn't paying much attention.

Instead, she found Mason out back, sitting alone and she quickly went to sit beside him. "Good morning." He grunted and Hope frowned. "What's got you worn out?"

"I have the worse roommate in history. He snores. I didn't get sleep at all," he complained and pointed towards Kaleb.

Hope laughed as she sat beside him. "That sucks. I don't have a roommate."

"You're joking," Mason voiced with disbelief and Hope laughed harder. "Well you're not that special, I heard that the children of the principal also got their own rooms, besides the twins who share."

They shared a comfortable conversation until Hope's eyes met with Landon's, who was sitting beside Raf and he smiled. Hope waved and giggled and Mason rolled his eyes. "Don't tell me you got the hots for the blood bag."

"He's not a blood bag," Hope kicked his chins. "Plus we're just friends."

Mason snorted. "Yeah sure, they all say that." As he said this, his gaze fell on Kaura who happened to already be staring back. She was thinking about last night, how he had managed to control his urge to feed. Mason stared right back, their gazes not breaking. Until Raf leaned in to say something and she looked away.

"Look who's got the hots for impassive witch," Hope mused and Mason hissed at her.

"She hates me. I don't trust vampires she says," Mason quoted and crossed his arms.

"She literally hangs out with MG and Kaleb, who are vampires."

"Yeah, I know. She just doesn't trust me." Especially if she looked at his file and saw parts of his history he wished were buried deeper. If she already suspected what others couldn't see.

"And I'm pretty sure that Raf is already with her," Hope added.

Mason snapped his neck immediately when he turned to look at her. "What?"

"Lizzie told me that they dated for a while and since they are so close right now, I'm assuming they're getting back together," she shrugged.

"Yeah well don't think about it too hard, ex's can be friends," Mason wishfully stated.

Before Hope could respond, Ric and Caroline filed in casually, standing at the podium in front of the room. Dorian and Emma, the core teachers, were right behind them. The room silenced as Ric cleared his throat. "Good evening, students. I'm sure you're all aware of what happened last night. It has come to my attention that we haven't properly introduced the newest addition to our community. He is no ordinary supernatural. In fact, he is not supernatural. Landon Kirby is a human that we have accepted into our school." Series of overlapping voices erupted and Dorian quieted them down. "As a student, he is his own individual faction and I expect you guys to treat him with respect. Now, you may wonder why I let him attend the Salvatore Boarding School. Simply with the fact that I trust you. Dorian and I are humans and we haven't come across any feeding casualties. So I believe it's time to dial the notch up on the challenge. For one entire year, Landon is to stay at this school and by the end of the year, I will decide if it's worth having him return for the next." A bunch of people continued to gossip. "Meanwhile, I'll let Landon speak for himself."

He took it as a cue to stand up and Landon walked to the podium and nodded to Ric. He then turned to the crowd and Hope couldn't help but want to comfort him as he looked nervously into the whispering crowd. "Hi. Yeah, I'm Landon. I'm not trying to overthrow anyone, I'm just here with my foster brother, Raf and I hope we all have great times partying—" he realized that teachers were behind him. "Oh-er I mean studying. Very hard, dedicated studying."

Caroline clapped and chuckled as he walked away from the podium and went to sit beside Raf once more. "I'll pretend I didn't hear that. Thank you, Landon," she said and addressed the room. "But that is not all we have to announce. In our newest batch of students, we've had the opportunity to welcome another species. Our one and only tribrid. Everyone, Hope Mikaelson." Caroline's eyes fell to her at the back of the room and beckoned for her to come forward.

More confusion than gossip exploded in the room and Hope hated walking up to the front. "Hello. You heard it right, I'm Hope Mikaelson. The miracle Mikaelson. And yes, I am a tribrid. I'm a witch, wolf and vampire but so far, only my witch side has been activated so I consider myself just your typical witch. I hope that I make good friends, I've always dreamed about coming to a school full of people my age."

Once Hope stepped away, Emma approached the stand and said, "Well, that's it. You can go get breakfast."

The room scattered but not without giving Hope a questionable eye. Mason leaned over and muttered, "I feel like you could have told me that you're not one, not two, but three supernatural combined in one?"

"If I wasn't concerned about fitting in before, I definitely am now," she exhaled with annoyance and Mason laughed.

~

"Dad, do you think I'm broken?"

try to guess who said it and don't forget to vote ;)