"That is irrelevant. The boy has been tracked to Poliznaya. We believe that he is going back to Shu Han but that cannot happen," Kirigan said. Liliya nodded on automatic. She hoped that this meant Kirigan would allow her to track the boy. He may be a child but he was dangerous and she didn't want any more Grisha to feel the same humiliation she had.

"I would be able to track him," Liliya responded as she looked up. Kirigan shook his head in response, he reached out for the book and Liliya let her hand fall from the line she had been tracing on the page. She then passed it over. He closed it and placed it down on the table.

"No. You are going to stay in Os Alta. You've become unreliable and this boy is valuable," Kirigan stated. Liliya's jaw dropped, her hands clenching to fists as her gaze turned to a glare. The scowl appearing on her lips quickly.

"I found the child again and came back with him, did I not? How can you claim me to be unreliable?" Liliya asked, her voice laced with anger. She had tried to keep it out of her tone but it was impossible. His words felt like a worse insult than anything that Botkin had said and he had a habit of saying anything to agitate his students.

"Remember your position," He reminded, his voice calm. Not rising to meet her tone, "You did not bring the boy back when I first asked. The Shu Han forces were made aware of your attacks and they have become suspicious. Your incompetence on the field has caused many issues. Now I come back to find that you refuse treatment when you are injured. I cannot trust you," He finished simply. Liliya stood up, her chair skidding backwards as she slammed her hands down against the desk. Any attempts to stay calm had flown out of the window.

"I warned you against sending me back!" Liliya shouted as she stared down at him. Not even an inkling of anger passed over his face. He just met her gaze with a stern look. She didn't let it make her feel small, though. Instead, she let it fuel her annoyance at him.

"If you listened to orders, that would not have been a problem," He responded simply, shrugging. The cool and composed exterior he somehow always managed to keep up was frustrating. He was old enough to know how to deal with people but Liliya just wanted him to be angry. She wanted to make him angry.

"You did not tell me I would be kidnapping a child!" She shouted back, throwing her hand out as she stepped back. Turning around, she ran her hands over her face. Her heart was thumping against her chest, adrenaline running through her veins. She let out a soft huff and turned to face him again.

"I gave you orders, Liliya," He said simply.

"You don't usually care, why now? Why is this boy so important?" Liliya asked, her voice wasn't quite as loud. The anger gone from her tone. Now all that replaced it was confusion and curiosity. The desperate want to know what was going on. She had been left in the dark for far too long. He would usually have said by now. He should have told but he hadn't.

"Sit down and I will tell you," He offered. She watched him skeptically before she gave in and took a seat. Her chest heaved slightly, her brief outburst of anger leaving her slightly breathless. Her breath quickly normalised and she just waited. There was a moment of silence before he opened his mouth, "I believe the boy to be a Grisha. The Sun Summoner. The only person that can fix the Dark Heretic's mistake," He revealed. Liliya stared at him, baffled. Her jaw dropping as she just stared him. He waited again. He knew she would have something to say, she always did.

"That boy is the Sun Summoner? How are you so sure?" She asked.Kirigan stood up then, crossing the room and grabbing the bottle of kvas. He poured two glasses and took one for himself. He took a sip but Liliya didn't bother to join him. Waiting for him to explain. None of this made sense and if that boy was the Sun Summoner, his best tracker should be out there. Not sat in his office.