81. Twoset Manga-ka III

Start from the beginning

Eddy burst out laughing.

"Busted!!"

"Exactly. You know how sometimes you get the dialogue between two characters just right? I'd write them down, word by word, to use later in a manga. I would've died if anyone at work saw it..!! Something mega cringy like you had me at hello...aaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggghhhh"

Eddy cringed as he giggled.

"OMG... please, stop!!"

"So, I gave up on drawing and writing during meetings and just had fun in my head instead, by observing wings and tails."

Brett said it so matter of factly, Eddy initially thought there was something wrong with him for not understanding what was just said. But Brett had a way of saying things in a very iNtErEsTiNg way.

"...so Brett, what exactly did you do..?"

"Well, as people arrived at the meeting room and sat down, I'd watch them enter the room with their wings flapping and tail swishing around. Each person would have a different shaped tail and wings... some had tails like ducks and they would wriggle them about along with their duck wings flapping about. When they get to their seat, they would cleverly fold their wings into their backs and have one last wriggle of their tail before they sat down. I liked watching the ducks.

"But the rest of their bodies and faces are human?"

"Yeah, they're just people with wings and tails."

Brett said so matter of factly as if there was something wrong with Eddy for not seeing it straight away.

"Hmm.. how iNtErEsTiNg"

"And then there was my arseh*le of a boss.. the one that I couldn't stand.. he was the one with the devil's tail, not you Eddy. He had a long black tail snaking out of his ass like a long piece of liquorice with a pointy bit on the end."

"Ew. Not a fan of liquorice."

"Neither am I."

"And he had these teeny tiny bat wings that would make this annoying scratching sound as he flapped them.. again they would fold up and retract into his back just before he would sit down."

"Sounds hideous."

"Indeed they were, those wings, that tail and the guy they were attached to!! In a heated discussion, he'd get up from his seat and start yelling and screaming. Not only would he point his finger at you, but his tail would also dart around and point at people as well."

Eddy stared at Brett with bemusement.

"I am amazed at your imagination Brett. I don't think I could stop myself from laughing if I saw a devil's tail darting out of my boss' ass."

Then Eddy remembered technically Brett was his boss at the moment and he gave an awkward grin. Brett raised an eyebrow and Eddy shrugged, hoping Brett wouldn't notice why he also blushed a bit.

"Eddy, imaging wings and tails on people was the only thing that kept me going.. I'd be in the meeting room first so that I could watch them all coming in. Sadly those were the highlights of my day. It was pretty pathetic."

"Well, I'm happy that you're a successful manga artist now too Brett."

"Well, I dunno how successful, but thanks Eddy. Me, too.

"So... what sort of tail would you have Brett?"

"Mine? I'd say mine would be... like a squirrel's."

"Ooooooooooooooooh... yeah.. I could totally see it...!!"

"Yeah? Can you draw one for me, Eddy?"

Eddy was an art school drop out. He didn't have much experience in drawing manga but was a very skilful artist.

"Sure, I could draw a squirrel tail."

"Here.. this one is for you."

Brett reached over and grabbed another sketchbook and handed it to Brett, along with the pencil he had in his hand."

"For me?"

"Yeah, it's about time you started creating a portfolio of work you do with me here.."

Eddy smiled.

"Thanks, Brett, this is great."

Eddy enthusiastically opened the sketchbook. He placed his left palm on the brand new white sheet of sketch paper and grinned. He then started to draw his outlines.

"Brett, I can easily imagine you with a big fluffy tail. I know what you're like when you get worked up. Your tail would go all bushy and double in size."

Eddy chuckled as his hands kept moving, enjoying what it was drawing.

"See, you'd get all worked up at your meeting because your boss with the bat wings and devil tail would keep triggering you. And your tail gets bushier and bushier... you're grabbing it with your arms and trying to stroke it to calm it down..."

Brett raised an eyebrow.

"Ya sure that's gonna calm it down ??"

Eddy shot up a look and went beetroot red and screamed.

"Oh my god, it's a frickin' tail, not a ....!!!"