The Cat's Key - Alternate Storyline

*make sure to read the chapter before this one first

note: So the prompt I read for this story had a comment on it saying what if the female character was a shapeshifter and is actually the cat. And then I saw some of you guys in the comments were saying what if Rosé is Loki. So here is an alternate storyline to 'The Cat's Key' where Chaeyoung is... well read to find out!

Rosé's POV

I'm so stupid, that really was a close call. Jennie and Jisoo almost caught me! I ran towards my home quickly, and entered through the back door.

I've got to get ready quick the girls would be coming over soon since we made plans to hang out.

I run towards my room when I heard voices, so I hide and eavesdrop.

"Ms.Lisa may I interest you in anything to drink?"

That was my family butler Alfred's voice.

"No I'm fine Alfred, thanks for asking.  And you can just call me Lisa."

Ahh shit.  This means that Lisa is already here...

Lisa is never on time to plans, the one time it's inconvenient for me, she actually arrives early.

Damn this girl!

"By the way, where is Chae?" I hear Lisa's voice ask.

Alfred doesn't know how to answer the question.  He's one of the very few people that knows the truth about me.

I scratched the wall I was hiding behind hoping Alfred would notice.  Luckily he does, and he makes eye contact with me before answering Lisa's question.

"Ms.Park is in the bathroom, she'll be out shortly," He said.

Thank you Alfred!  This is why you're my favourite.

I make a beeline towards the bathroom, and get inside the tub.  If only I could close the bathroom door, but I have to cover myself some how, so I tug at the shower curtain covering the tub and I.

I then do what I have been doing for the past 24-years of my life:

I shift.

The process used to be painful when I was younger since I was new to it.  However as I've gotten older I learned how to shift without being in pain, and I can also control it.

Elementary school was the worst time ever.  I wasn't able to control my shifting.  My teacher would be in the middle of a lesson and then I'd feel the sudden urge to shift, so I'd run out of the class.

Due to multiple occurrences of me running out of class, my parent's ultimately decided that I should be home schooled.  That was no problem for them since we are a wealthy family, and they were able to hire the best teachers in the country to educate me.

I was fine with being homeschooled, but I did struggle with making friends growing up.  My best friends to this day are people I met through extra curricular classes like singing, acting, and dance lessons.