Lifeguard

Rosé's POV

"Last one in the pool is a rotten egg!" Lisa screamed back at us while she was running towards the pool.

For the last few days the girls and I have been going to the private pool in Jennie's condo. We just finished school, and its finally summer so we thought it'd be nice to cool off in the water. We considered going to the beach, but we really weren't feeling the whole out doors vibe.

"Ahhh Lalisa stop running, you're going to hurt yourself." Jisoo scolded to which Lisa pouted and stopped running.

You may be wondering why we kept coming back here for few days. Like won't we be getting bored of coming back here all the time? Well not quite...

The lifeguard at this pool is so fucking fine!

The first time we came to the pool, I was blown away. I got mad at Jennie for not telling me that there was such a hot girl at the pool, how can she keep such valuable information away from me!

Since then I was always begging the girls to come back to the pool, so I can see the lifeguard. Initially I thought that my friends would be mad for dragging them to the pool, but they were actually quite understanding. Probably because I've never actually shown an interest in anyone, this was the first time.

Currently the girls and I are sitting beside each other at the edge of a pool with our legs in the water.

"Rosie, you know we can't just keep coming here right?" Jennie spoke up.

"Jen's right, you need to make a move or something Chae." Jisoo agreed, "I refuse to spend the rest of summer coming to this pool.

"Go ask her for her number now!" Lisa added.

I understand where the girls are coming from, but this all a bit too sudden. I mean this girl can be taken for all I know, she's the real deal! Plus she hasn't shown any signs that she likes me. I could be rejected and embarrassed very badly in front of the girls.

"I'll have to pass, I'm not ready yet." I told the girls.

"You're never going to be ready! You just have to make the move." Jennie replied.

"I'm not accepting that answer." Lisa said while getting up.

"Come on Chaeyoung, we're doing this right now." Lisa continued, pulling me up from my sitting position.

All the girls then got up, and we made our way towards the high chair that the beautiful life guard was sitting on. While walking there Jisoo spoke up, "Don't chicken out Rosie, we're not coming back here tomorrow."

Well it's now or never.

While walking to the high chair, we spotted a group of 5 girls whispering something amongst themselves.

"Yeji just go ask her for her number!" One with short black hair said.

"Yeah come on do it!" A shorter girl with brunette hair said.

Finally one of the girls that were on the taller side rolled their eyes and pushed the 'Yeji' girl towards the lifeguard. Making the lifeguard direct her attention towards the girl.

"Hi is everything okay?" The gorgeous lifeguard said her voice sounding rich.

"Y-yeah everything is okay. I uhm was just wondering i-if-" The girl started to speak, but looked back at her friends hesitantly. To which they whispered back words of encouragement.

Finally gaining some confidence the girl continued.

"I was wondering if I could have your number?" She spoke once again sounding more confident this time around.