Stop Sign

Rosé's POV

The older you get when you're a single female, the more irritable of a person you become. All everyone around you tries to do is set you up with their single friend, or make you try countless dating apps, and my least favorite of all:

Go on blind dates.

I have a pure hatred for blind dates. I would literally do anything, but go on one. It wasn't always this way. Initially I understood that my loved ones were just looking out for me, and wanted me to find a special someone to spend the rest of my life with. But when they're setting me up with literally the least favorable people in the world, there's a problem.

A lot can go wrong when on a blind date. From what I experienced the major problem was that it was blind... You have no clue what you're getting into. I've met countless men who are absolutely horrendous. To name a few, they were cocky, had no ambition, didn't take care of their hygiene, and just down right dirty. I always end the night feeling less hopeful for finding true love.

"Rosie I have something to tell you." Jennie said ominously.

"Oh god Jen, what is it this time." I said rolling my eyes. By her tone of voice I can tell I'm not going to like whatever she has to say.

Jennie then pauses the movie we were watching, and scooted closer to me taking my hand in hers.

"Isetyouuponablinddate." She quickly spoke not looking into my eyes.

"What." I laughed. "You have to speak slower than that if you want me to understand silly."

She then squirmed uncomfortably in her seat before speaking up once again.

"I set you up on a blind date." She said nervously.

Pause.

"YOU DID WHAT?" I shouted at her.

Jennie sensed my anger, and got up running away.

"JENNIE, YOU KNOW I FUCKING HATE GOING ON BLIND DATES!" I shouted, chasing her around the house.

We then chased each other around the large apartment Jennie owned for the next twenty minutes. Finally being tired from our little game of tag, we both collapsed onto Jennie's bed.

We were both panting, and I was too tired to attack her for doing this to me.

"Why?" I asked her simply, breaking the silence between us still panting.

"You're only getting older Rosie." Jennie said out of breath. "I promise this will be the last time." She quickly finished.

"That's what you always say!" I spoke up clearly upset.

"Okay this time I actually promise you it's the last time." Jennie said sitting up. "It's with Kai's friend Sehun. I can guarantee you he's a sweetheart, and not like the other guys you've met.

Jennie has been dating her boyfriend Kai for about two years now. They met at the campus of the university that we all go to.

"I don't know..." I said hesitantly. "I just don't like the idea of meeting someone on a blind date." I shared to her.

"Come on Rosie. This will be the last time, I promise." She said pleadingly. "If this date goes wrong, I'll never bother you again about dating."

"If it makes you feel better we can make this a double date with Kai and I?" She added hoping this will make me accept the date.

"Ughh, fine." I finally agreed. "But this is the last time." I said strictly.

"Yayy!" Jennie squealed. "You won't regret it Rosie posie." She smiled kissing me on the cheek.