six. secrets

For someone who was fast, Thomas was really slow.

The moment that I saw the look on Thomas' face and realized that he would leave by himself to go get Jisung and Minho, I had already prepared all of the essentials that I thought was necessary for the trip. He, however, only started preparing the moment I removed the needle from his arm.

At least his slacking off would give me some time to say goodbye to Newt while he was asleep.

"Hurry your ass up," I hiss towards Thomas, trying to avoid raising my voice while tons of people slept on their hammocks. Skillfully making my way towards the other warehouse where Newt's hammock was, my heart drops when I see that he isn't there.

So is Frypan.

Like I said, Thomas wasn't exactly sneaky. It wouldn't take a genius to figure out his plans; I wouldn't be surprised if the two of them already figured things out before hand.

Oh no.

That means.....

"Nini. I'm done," Thomas says, carrying a small bag. I raise my eyebrow in questioning, eyes instinctively turning towards my giant bag and the extra duffle bags— one that contained medicine and one that contained guns.

"That's all you're bringing?" I ask in disbelief.

Thomas nods.

Hesitantly, I nod and walk over towards the car we planned for us to go. I still hoped that Newt and Frypan were not in there, or that they were doing something in the beach— anything; just them being safe was good enough for me.

While stealing the guns, I had already grabbed the keys to a vehicle that I thought would be good enough for the two of us. That's where we headed, but as soon as we got to the top of the stairs, I hear a voice that makes my heart drop.

"Where do you think you're going then?" He flicked on a lamp, standing in front of us as he pretended to check his nails. If we weren't in the situation we were in right now I would say that he was very attractive, but my breath hitches when I realize that my fears, were in fact, true.

"Newt..." I mumble. It was too risky to let him come. I trusted him, actually, along with Thomas, I trusted him the most; but this was a risky plan and a risky rescue mission. I didn't want him to get hurt along the way.

"Don't be twats about it." He stood in front of us, his eyebrows raised to let us know he wasn't angry. "I'm already in. Come on."

Grabbing my two duffle bags, I couldn't help but sigh in relief at the loss of weight but Thomas was still set on making him stay.

"No," Thomas said. "No, not this time." Newt just tossed the bags into the backseat and leaned against the truck with this unimpressed look on his face.

"Look, even when we find Minho, there's no guaranteeing we'll make it back from this," Thomas states, and I furrow my brows at the sentence, elbowing his chest as he looks at me in discomfort. "Don't say that, Tom. We're making it back."

Newt's eyes trailed onto mine as he shrugged. "Since you got that kind of mentality, you'll need all the help you can get then, won't you?" he pushed open the front door and Fry leaned out of the car, giving us that same look that said we were idiots for ever trying to go without them.

I stifle a laugh. I wonder how long it took for them to rehearse it.

A wave of memories suddenly hit me, hard— almost like a wave. I staggered back and leaned on the table as I blinked my eyes twice, which earned a concerned look from everyone.

FOREVER. newtजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें