three. coca leaves

"They know it, Thomas. They know I messed their results up and hid my studies from them. They're putting me in the maze. I don't know when, but they will. Ava is calling me over to her lab. She knows what I did."

The boy's eyebrows creased in confusion. "But you're not even an—"

"That doesn't stop WICKED, Thomas. They'll use every resource they can. Remember what I told you, okay? Get the coordinates and give them to Mary. Alright?" the girl says calmly— now accepting that she was doomed.

It wasn't like she didn't expect it— in fact, she was expecting something way worse. WICKED valued loyalty, and she wasn't exactly the most loyal Doctor they had. No matter how smart she was, they were bound to get rid of her the moment they found out all the shit she'd been doing.

"Thomas, I swear to god. If you don't help Mary I'll kill you myself. Got it?"

The boy nods shakily.

"Don't tell Teresa any of this. I don't trust her. Go straight to Mary, alright?"

He nods again.

"Good." the girl looks around, her eyes darting over to the clock that was right above the door. 5:00pm. She needed to go to Ava's office.

"I trust you, Thomas. Get them out of there."

-

"Thomas." I gasp out, my eyes opening wide. The sight of Jisung staring at me with a confused look hits me, but I don't bother looking back. I look at the ropes of my newly made hammock instead. Why was his name popping up in my dream?

"Who's Thomas?" Jisung wiggles his eyebrows, to which I roll my eyes at. Who was Thomas? I never knew anyone who went by that name. No one in the Glade was named Thomas.

The boy lets out an offended sigh as I sit out of my hammock, crossing my arms as I expect for him to tell me what he was doing infront of my bed in the morning.

"Winston said that he's injured."

"Again?" I ask, to which he only shrugged at. Maybe becoming a Med-jack was a bad idea, because Clint and Jeff told me that ever since I've arrived— all of a sudden, people got injured more times than they've been in the three years I wasn't here yet.

"Tell him Jeff's treating him instead. I'm still sleepy." I whine, sitting back onto the hammock. Before I could properly clear my thoughts and drift off onto sleep, another voice speaks.

"Nini, Ben says he needs you to do that strech thing you do to us before we run into the maze."

It was Minho this time.

"You guys know how to stretch yourselves. Look at Jisung. He knows." I reason out, still keeping my eyes closed as I talked to Minho. During the second week of me staying the The Glade, he was no longer as intimidating as I thought he was. I stopped being all stiff infront of him since then.

"Actually, I do need some help—"

"Fine." I hiss, standing up properly, now wide awake. The only way to get rid of them is to satisfy them. As if on cue, Minho and Jisung shoot each other satisfied smiles as they walk away from my area.