#𝟬𝟮𝟮- you don't want sex on the beach?

Start from the beginning

dahlia was thankful for her group being with her today, them practically being her family as her blood family were either too busy with work or decided to
stay in a different country after finishing their work duties, missing her birthday.

daniel was in the middle of a conversation with zach and jack sat across from him with their girlfriends sat by their sides when he felt dahlia clench his hand under the table. glancing over at his girlfriend, he saw her just daydreaming, clearly too deep in her thoughts that she must have unintentionally clenched his hand.

he watched as her eyebrows furrowed for a second, her mouth twitching. so, he moved his free hand that was placed on the table to sit it on top of dahlia's, his interlaced hand squeezing hers whilst the one on top just rubbed circles.

that seemed to have brought dahlia out of her daze, her looking down at her hands before glancing back up to daniel, to see him back in conversation with the  boys whilst still tracing circles on her hand. she appreciated the gesture her boyfriend was giving her, him knowing her too well for her to be able to hide away her feelings whenever she happened to grow sad whilst being lost in her thoughts.

daniel took the time to look at dahlia once again whilst the waiter came over to the table to take the groups orders for their choice of food.

"you okay love?" daniel whispered to dahlia, the feeling of her head on his shoulder making the boy smile slightly before he rested his own head on top of hers.

"yeah course I'm fine, not everyday you turn twenty-one." dahlia shrugged off daniels question, the sound of him sighing being heard by the brunette girl. before responding further to his words, she and daniel both their desired food choices to the waiter, allowing francesca and zach to them give their orders.

"you've never learnt to be a good liar have you?" dahlia scoffed, giving his arm a slap to which made her boyfriend laugh before giving her hand a squeeze. "i know you wish you're family were here 'cause as you said, it's not everyday you turn twenty one."

"i already am with my family dani. this big and very dysfunctional family at times, but i love you all for it." dahlia responded, daniel smiling before planting a kiss on her head.

dahlia proceeded to lean off his shoulder, bringing herself into the conversation the girls were having about which fictional characters would they class as their comfort ones, mentions of stiles, loki, bucky, spencer reid and the weasley twins were some that were mentioned. oh, and dahlia had to include the pevensie siblings from narnia as also being some of her comfort characters.

daniel was laughing at corbyn the boy having spilt his drink after missing his mouth when he saw alexandra trying to catch his attention. looking over at the girlfriend of corbyn, alexandra nodded her head in the direction of dahlia who was in too much of a laughing fit with emilee, francesca and kayla to notice her best friend and boyfriend looking at her.

"is she okay?" alexandra mouthed to daniel, the boy glancing at dahlia before answering with a shrug of his shoulders, following that with a nod of his head- as dahlia did seem okay, but she wasn't at the same time.

"family." alexandra sighed at daniels words, a frown appearing on her face when she took a sip of her drink. once again she glanced at her best friend before meeting daniels gaze.

"let me call-" daniels eyes widened when alexandra pulled her phone out of her pocket, that catching her own boyfriends attention when she accidentally hit him with her hand when getting it out.

"-xandra leave it to me."

"you sure?" alexandra lowered her phone, placing it on the table upon seeing daniel nod his head in response to her question. without no warning, corbyn pulled alexandra into his arms briefly, placing a kiss on her temple before his attention was brought onto francesca and zach, alongside the rest of the group who were focusing on the youngest couple whom were currently having a laughing fit- who knows at what, but it definitely caught everyone's attention.

feeling movement beside her as well as daniels hand leaving hers, dahlia looked up to her boyfriend, a smile on her face in addition to a look of curiosity about where daniel was heading.

"just going to the toilet." daniel whispered, placing a kiss on dahlia's head before excusing himself from the table, making his way inside the restaurant- the group having sat outside so they could fully appreciate the wonders of los angeles weather.

he wasn't heading to the toilet though, daniel asking the front desk if he could step out the front for a second, him not wanting to just walk out and confuse the staff. getting a nod and a 'of course' from the manager, daniel sent her a smile before bringing his phone up to his ear once having made it outside.

"hey! y-yeah it's been a while. can i possibly ask you something?"

AUTHORS NOTE
ITS BEEN A WHILE I AM SORRY
but we're back bitches🤪

the fact we're near 9k for this book woah-
gobsmacked holy shi-

ANYWAY
i hope you are all staying safe!
go drink water and eat something!
BYE I LOVE YOU🥰🥺