Chapter 15: Day of the Great Devourer

Începe de la început

Crystal: Hey, hey, stop it! Listen to yourselves. Is this what Master Wu would've wanted? Us fighting? Running and hiding? Giving up?

Lloyd: But he's not here anymore. (Everyone begins to mourn losing their master.)

Kai: But his teachings live on. Sensei once told me it's not the size of a ninja in a fight, it's the size of the fight in the ninja. All this training, all of these battles we've had with skeletons and Serpentine. We've persevered through so much, we can't just give up.

Crystal: Kai's right. A ninja never admits defeat. A ninja always picks themselves up when their is down. Which is exactly what Master Wu would want us to do right now.

Zane: but how do we destroy a snake of that magnitude?

Jay: Yeah, it's not like we have an extra sacred flute lying around to charm it. Or wait, haha, how about one of our awesome dragons? Oh, I forgot. They took off and left us high and dry. Or, hey, what about our golden weapons ? Which will do nothing against a snake that size. Heh, oh, we are so hooped.

Cole: Ah, Jay's right. We would need a weapon so big.

Kai: Or an idea that's even bigger! Ha! Jay, you're a genius! You thinking what I'm thinking?

Jay: Probably not, but go ahead.

Kai: There's no time. I'll fill you guys in on the way.

Jay: Wha—Where are we going?

Kai: We're going to destroy that snake once and for all.

(The ninja made it to Ed and Edna's scrap'n'junk.)

Cole: Good idea, Kai. If the Devourer likes to consume, this place is a full-on buffet.

Jay: (Sighs) Looks like my parents are gone.

Kai: Good, better for us. (He lays out a blueprint.)

Jay: It's so awesome.

Crystal: Zane, you still have a recording of the Sacred Flute in your memory bank?

Zane: It might've been destroyed earlier, but I have its exact tone recorded and ready for playback.

Kai: Good. And there should be enough spare parts around here to build this whopper. But we're gonna need to create our biggest tornado of creation yet. This is gonna be dangerous and we can't have anyone around.

(The postman enters the Junkyard Whistling a tune.)

Cole: Ugh. What's he doing here?

Crystal: Delivering the mail to Jay's parents Cole.

(Cole, Crystal, Jay and Kai run up to him.)

Postman: Aah! You ninja are always sneaking around, giving people heart attacks. You're too quiet.

Crystal: Sorry, didn't mean to scare you.

Kai: But you need to get out of here, now.

Postman: Uh, well, now, I too have a job to do, and that's delivering the mail, which I plan to do. (He pulls out the Walkers' mail which Jay takes.)

Jay: Look, dude, my parents aren't even here. You really should be on your way.

Postman: Them, too? Uh, let me guess, are they at the "Take Back Ninjago" rally too?

Crystal: Uh, "Take Back Ninjago" rally?

Postman: What, you guys haven't heard? Everyone's getting together for a rally in the city. You know, to raise awareness about all the Serpentine problems that have been surfacing lately.