Louis Hates Theatre

A/N: This is another request! I promised to do it last week but ended up forgetting lmfao. Here it is now though! I hope everyone likes it.
Also, y/s/n stands for your sibling's name!

You threw your head back as you laughed. Zack, your scene partner, was hilarious, and you were going to miss him when this play was over.

When the director said, "that's a wrap for today," you were surprised at how quickly the two hours rehearsal took had gone by.

Since rehearsal was now over, you knew that Louis must've shown up thirty minutes prior, as he gave you a ride home after everyday. Soccer practice ended at 4:30 for him, and he usually would watch rehearsal and do his homework as he waited for you to finish the show at 5. When you looked up, he was indeed there, so you smiled at him and he gave you a thumbs up.

You felt nervous as you made your way to the dressing room. He never really said much about what he had seen so far. He had starred in a few things, and he was a really good actor. You didn't know if you could compete. You just wanted him to be proud of you.

When you got into the room, your focus quickly shifted to getting unready. You didn't want to keep Louis waiting, so you usually just changed out of your clothes, which composed of several layers since your play took place in the 1800s. Everyone had to wear makeup so they didn't get washed out in the lights, and yours often looked greasy because of how warm it was on stage. By now it looked like a disaster.

Still, you left it on and went out to find Louis and gave him a kiss.

"You're not even listening to me," he said when you got to his car.

You quickly apologized. You were incredibly wiped. "What's the matter?" you asked, but Louis quickly back tracked.

"Nevermind. It was stupid."

Your heart sank. You hated it when you hurt his feelings.

Louis quickly piped up though, and when you two got to his house he asked to spend the night. "You're always so busy," he whined, your hands in his. "I feel like your cast mates see you more than I do."

You laughed and opened the door to his car. "Says the guy who spends twelve hours a day on a movie set when he's filming."

He saw the lack of listing the things that would be taken away from you if your parents found out that he had stayed over as a good sign. "So, you'll sneak me in later?" he asked as he got in and started it.

"Louis," you sighed. "I'm exhausted." You had to be there at 3 for makeup and dialogue training, and when you got home you'd have to eat dinner for an hour. After that you would have roughly 3 hours of homework, would have to take a shower, and then spend an hour tossing and turning in your bed until you fell asleep at 10, only to get up at 4 to do chores because you signed up for morning light weights at 6 for extra credit.

"I miss you," he whined, and your heart tugged.

"Okay, fine." you said, trying not to look annoyed. "But don't come until like 9."

"Yes ma'am." Louis saluted. You laughed and hugged his arm.

Time flew by again after you got to your house, and you were nodding off in your towel when you heard a knock on your window. At first you ignored it, not really sure as to what it was. You quickly jumped out of bed though when you remembered what you had promised Louis.

You threw on sweats, a sweatshirt, and socks before opening the window so that he could slide in.

"Stealing my style I see," he joked at full volume. You shushed him as he kissed your cheek.

"My parents will kill me if they find out that you're in here so late," you warned.

"Yeah, yeah." Louis laid down in your bed and got under the covers. You couldn't help but to laugh at how comfortable he was doing so. He looked so cute and cozy, so it didn't take long for you to climb in with him.

Your phone lit up, and you both saw a notification from Zach.

"Doesn't he know how to leave you alone?"

You paused, eyebrow raised. "I didn't know that you didn't like Zach."
Louis scoffed, his words coming out in a forced whisper. "Everyone knows I don't like Zach." The next part was almost inaudible. "Except for you."

Your eyebrows furrowed. "I have no idea where this is coming from."

"Really you don't see the way that he looks at you in rehearsal?"

"Why are you always so touchy about the topic of rehearsal? If you don't like me doing the same thing as you, just say so so we can all move on."

"What?" Now Louis looked confused. "I'm not touchy about the topic of rehearsal, I'm annoyed at Zach! You spend more time with him than you even spend with me."

You scoffed. "I hangout with you every time I have free time."

"No," Louis seethed. "You don't. When you hangout with me I have to third wheel you and Zach."

"Then what am I doing right now?"

"Defending him!" Louis exclaimed, his arm going up in the air.

"Zach's dad just died. He needs me."

Louis's demeanor changed. Your sibling had died a year ago, and although Louis knew that he had done his best to comfort you, he also knew that you needed someone who understood. "I didn't know."

"I've been hanging out with Zach so much because he could use a friend. I kept inviting you because you're my boyfriend. I always want to be around you."

"I know, y/n. I'm sorry."

You shrugged, feeling a little uncomfortable. "I'm sorry too. I didn't mean to make you feel neglected."

"It's okay." was all Louis said. It was silent for a few moments, and you just sat up looking at each other for what felt like ages. Finally, Louis spoke. "It's y/s/n birthday in a week."

You nodded because you were too afraid of what you would sound like if you spoke. It was getting harder to blink back the tears.

"Can I hug you?"

"Yes," you said, finally letting yourself cry. Louis wrapped his arms around you, and you relaxed into his body.

"He just gets it." you mumbled.

"I know," Louis whispered. "I know."

A/n: if you're confused, basically in this you got closer with your scene partner because his parent had died recently and you realized that he understood what you were going through. In this, you also knew what it was like to not have anyone your age that understood you so that's why you kept inviting him everywhere, but Louis misinterpreted it as something happening.
Also, I hope you like this! Again, I'm sorry it took so long to get up!