Chapter 11: The Royal Blacksmiths

Start from the beginning

Crystal: I still think there is a better way then stealing it.

Cole: Well when you figure one out let me know.

Lou: Just a moment. (He opens the door.)

Cole: Hey, dad. How long has it been?

Lou: (sternly) What? You too good for the doorbell? (He slams the door on them.)

Cole: Uh...

Lou: Use the bell, son. (He does so.)

Cole: (Mutters) I knew he would be the same.

Doorbell: Welcome. (The door opens again.)

Lou: (Happy) Haha. Come on in, son. It's been forever. What did you bring? A quartet ooh a quintet? Come in, come in. I've got a kettle of lemon tea on the stove right now.

(A gramophone plays some background music. After being seated, Cole groans.)

Lou: Did my son tell you I broke my foot? It was the cha-cha but I swear the percussionist had it in for me.

Cole: No, dad. I didn't tell them about your silly stories.

Lou: Silly stories?

Kai: Oh, what he meant was, we've been busy training at the...uh...

Jay: Uh, the Martha Oppenheimer. Yeah.

Lou: Martha Oppenheimer?

Crystal: What he's trying to say is the Marty Oppenheimer School of Performing Arts.

Cole: Right! Well, um, see, we have this final research paper we're doing on the history of Ninjago talent, and what we really wanted to know was how can we get our hands on the Blade Cup?

Lou: You're talking about getting your hands on the Blade Cup? The most prized and heavily guarded award in all of Ninjago, the symbol of excellence in harmony and grace? You can't just get it, you have to earn it. You have to exhibit style. Perfect pitch. Push the boundaries of artistic license and win this year's Ninjago Talent Show!

Zane: Um, perhaps there's an easier way.

Lou: Is this why you came? You knew I was injured and when my quartet insisted we shan't go on, you four have come to take our place! Haha, ingenious! My son, bringing forth the next evolution of the Royal Blacksmiths! Let me hear the sweet, sweet sound of harmony.

Jay: Harmony...

Zane: (Simultaneously) Harmony...

Kai: (Simultaneously) Harmony...

(As the harmony dies down, Cole groans and Lou and Crystal cringes.)

Lou: Ok so uh can you sing? (gesturing to Crystal)

Crystal: Uhhhhhhhhh, Harmony.... (The ninja and Lou look at her with surprised looks)

Lou: That was beautiful! 

Cole: Look, dad. We just need the trophy.

Kai: Yeah, we're bringing home the gold and-and we want you to train us.

Lou: (Sniffles) I've never been more proud. If you'll excuse me, I need to write a song about my feelings.

Cole: What are you doing?