Chapter 17

Stiles and Isaac didn't talk about their conversation from the night before. Stiles wasn't sure how to bring it up but he didn't even know what it meant. He would have to talk to Lydia when he sees her. She would know just like she knows everything else. Derek was kind enough to meet with the pack in Kansas and they brought the Jeep and Impala over. Kyle Met Stiles with a smile which Stiles returned before bringing the boy into a hug. "You didn't have to come! You look different."
"It's been months," Kyle chuckled. "My hair has grown and I've been trying to get a hold of you. You kinda disappeared on us."
"Stuff has happened," Stiles explained. "I'm sure you know that. George got kinda bummed when you left. The kid still gets attached pretty easily. Chad though, I didn't know he and you got so close."
"He was my chauffeur," Stiles jokes. "He had to get close. Also, I think he liked my humor."
"I'm sure," Kyle laughs. "We fixed some of the issues with the Jeep, you shouldn't have much problems getting home. You get rid of the Monroe hunters and we can call it even."
"I will," Stiles nods. "Don't worry they aren't getting to you guys. Just stay out of the public eye until then? Maybe get the kids to the bunker. Jack wants to go home, he can help you."
"Yeah, Jack, you can go with the Brady pack if you want," Sam nods. "Cas will be in and out."
"I will," Jack nods. "I want to make sure they all are okay. Stiles, don't mess up anything too much."
"No promises," Stiles chuckled. "Okay, we should go. Anything else?"
"I think we should talk about hiding your gifts," Sam looks at the group. "People can still be after him and these guys will kill if they have to. So I think you should keep your gifts hidden unless you absolutely need to use them."
"I agree," Derek nods. "No one knows in Beacon Hills and it can be used as an advantage."
"Alright," Stiles agreed. "I will try my best not to get caught and keep them hidden. Deaton probably has something for that. Does anyone know we are coming? Did you tell Lydia? Also what about Allison?"
"No," Jackson answered. "No one knows yet. Thought it would be best."
"We know a lot of people," Dean explains. "Chris is a friend and we wanted to help. It's not uncommon for us to bring people back from the dead."
"Alright then, can we go? People are dying and we are talking," Stiles clapped his hands. "God I've missed you." Stiles ran his hand down the Jeep. "You drove nice in the after life, can we do it again?"
"Don't talk to the car," Jackson chides. "It's weird."
"Leave me alone," Stiles pouts. "This Jeep is the only constant thing in my life."
"I mean not really," Jackson laughed. "I'm not riding in that thing. I'm going with Derek. My guess is that Chris is going with Sam and Dean. That leaves Isaac."
"Go with Stiles," Dean said. "Someone needs to make sure nothing happens when we get there. Buddy system."
"What? Stiles will be fine," Isaac frowned. "Why can't I go with Derek and Jackson?"
"Because there are people threatening to kill Stiles," Derek rose a brow. "And you are the last to choose. Thus you go with Stiles. Now get in the damn car." Derek rolled his eyes before getting in his own car and Jackson followed. Isaac grumbled something about him not being an alpha anymore. Allison gave them a 'I'm sorry look' before following her dad to the Impala.
"Sorry you're stuck with me again," Stiles sighed. "But, I won't talk this time." He beat his thumbs against the steering wheel for a moment.
"Right," Isaac laughs. "You can't go two minutes without talking. Just don't play shitty music."
"Don't be picky," Stiles retorts. He pulled out of the parking lot and Isaac stayed silent for the ride. Stiles thought of the conversation he had with Isaac the night before. He wondered what Isaac meant by all of it. Was that a confession? Did he like Stiles? Or was it because they were friends and spent so much time together? Isaac can't like Stiles, right? He wasn't pretty or anything special like Allison. Isaac could do a lot better than Stiles. Something in Stiles' chest hurt when he thought about it. That was weird. It was probably Isaacs way of saying I hate you but I can tolerate you.
"What are you thinking about so hard?" Isaac asks and Stiles jumps. "What?"
"Nothing... I just wasn't paying attention and forgot you were here too. I was just thinking about Scott. He has been dealing with this alone and god knows he probably fucked something up," Stiles shrugged. "He's not the best when it comes to planning."
"One, thanks for noticing me," Isaac rolled his eyes. "Two, I'm sure Scott is fine. He's grown and mature." Stiles gave him a knowing look. "And, he's got Lydia. She is smart. Anyways, things will be okay."
"Fine," Stiles sighed. "So, maybe we should uh..." He frowned, unable to form words. "What did Allison tell you?"
Isaac played dumb, "when? She didn't say anything."
"You know when," Stiles snapped. "What did she say when you... When I died. You can't expect me to not think about that. I have no idea what any of it meant."
"Stiles," Isaac chuckled and shook his head. "It doesn't matter what she said. It's over and it didn't happen right?"
"Do you not know me?" Stiles asked.
"Oh I do," Isaac nods. "And I knew that wouldn't work, honestly I don't even know why I said it. But, look I told you everything. Doesn't that mean anything?"
"Sure it does. But, it's open ended and my mind is saying a lot of shit. So, it would be nice to have some answers," Stiles groaned. "Please because I have a very strong imagination."
"So, you aren't with Jackson? Or Kyle? Or George?" Isaac asks and Stiles looks at him confused. "Well?"
"No I am not with Jackson," Stiles laughed. "I have no feelings like that for him at all. I think something is going on with him and Derek though. And I barely know the others. They just let me stay in their place."
"Really?"
"Oh yeah," Stiles nods. "I mean why would Jackson call him? And they were both more than eager to ride together. Last I remember, they hated each other. Now they are pretty close. Did you see them?"
"Yeah."
"Wait... You ass! Don't change the damn subject," Stiles grumbled. "That's not fair!"
"Well, I tried," Isaac chuckled. "Look can we talk when we actually get there? Not stuffed in a car or disgusting hotel room?"
"Fine," Stiles sighed. "But I will be waiting. As soon as things are settled."
"I know." Allison has convinced Isaac to tell Stiles how he felt. She said he would feel better and she was sure things would be okay. Jackson even had said to go for it, but Issac could sense some amusement. Isaac also knew that Stiles was right about Jackson and Derek. It wasn't hard to miss how they acted now around each other. One moved and the other watched closely, it was intense. The intensity was definitely strong with them, especially with Derek. Everything was intense with him though. Isaac wasn't sure he was completely ready, but Allison had brought up the feeling in his gut when he watched Stiles comatose state then death. She said he had to tell him before anything else happens. Stiles kept looking over at Isaac for signs of how the conversation was going to go. But, nothing. Stiles pulled into his driveway and slowly put the car in park. "Are you alright?"
"I don't know. What if he still doesn't remember me? I don't know how to reverse this big of a spell," Stiles sighed. "I mean..."
"It will be okay," Isaac reassures. "Come on, remember when you stood with me at my dad's doorstep? Well, this is me for you. Let's go."
"What? This is not the same," Stiles argued as Isaac threw the door open.
"Well, kinda," Isaac shrugged. "Let's go. You won't know until you do." He shut his door and Stiles groaned before sliding out. He unlocked the front door and let it slowly fall open.
"Dad?" Stiles called. "Hey, dad!"
"Stiles?" His dad came down the steps. "Hey kid! How are you? You look like you've grown five years and Isaac? You haven't called. You should've, I could've been prepared. God, I've missed you."
"I've missed you too, dad," Stiles sighed in relief before wrapping his arms around his dad. "God, you smell like strong cologne. Where are you going?"
"No where now," His dad shook his head. "I want to see my boy and spend some time with him. My plans can be rescheduled anyways."
"No dad," Stiles shook his head. "You should go out! The lady must be special, the cologne smells expensive and your hair. It's a mess but you tried."
"Right... Well what about you?"
"I can take care of myself for a few more hours. Besides I'm probably gonna unpack and lay in bed for a while. We are exhausted," Stiles explained.
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah and we've got some other stuff to do," Stiles nods. "Go meet whoever."
"Alright. Be home by ten," the sheriff says. "There's been some disturbances." Stiles nods pushing the man out of the house. "There's frozen pizza and some other stuff. Haven't been shopping."
"I wouldn't expect you to," Stiles jokes. "Just go and have fun. Remember to wrap it before." His dad raised a brow. "God sorry. I'm tired. I can't believe I said that."
"Yeah... I'm gonna go before you say anything else,"
His dad laughed. "Isaac are you staying?"
"Not sure yet, sir," Isaac answered. "No one knows we're back, we are gonna meet them later."
"Well there's always a place here," Noah says. "Stay as long as you need."
"Thanks." Stiles shut the door before anything else was said. He was red as a tomato and looked like he was going to explode. "I can't believe you told your dad to wrap it before he taps it. God, that's great."
"Don't ever say anything about it again," Stiles snapped. "I will kill you."
"No you won't," Isaac laughed. "Come on, that was great though."
"No," Stiles shook his head. "Maybe I should leave again."
"It wasn't that bad," Isaac was still laughing. "Erica would have loved that."
"Stop. You know what! You can sleep outside if you keep this up. Like a real dog," Stiles threatened. "You wanna be a real dog? I'll get a dog house and fricking leash."
"Calm down," Isaac shook his head. "That sounds weird and kinky. Was that intentional? Are you just throwing sexual innuendos out today?"
"I don't know... Whatever... You owe me my explanation," Stiles changed the subject. "Now."
"Really? Right now?" Isaac asks. "With our minds on how kinky you are?"
"Yes!"
"Fine." Isaac shook his head. "Okay." Stiles made a waiting gesture. "Don't be a dick. This isn't something I do often okay? I guess not compared to a lot of people you know. Or your beliefs about me."
    "What? I don't know what you're talking about. I don't know a lot of people or have any beliefs about you? I mean I do... But..."
"Oh my god," Isaac groaned. "Well I will tell you if you calm down, please? It's making me anxious then nothing is going to be done. I don't think that's exactly what we need right now."
"Okay," Stiles breathes. "Take your time, I can see it's hard for you to say. I can get us a drink, do you want water?"
"Please." Stiles nods going to the kitchen and grabbing two glasses and fills them. He brings one back to Isaac and waits patiently. Well as patiently as he can. "Okay, so I don't know how long it's been, just to put that out there. It kinda just clicked. Maybe when we were bound together? Or maybe the other side? I don't know. But Allison had to point it out to me. And then I noticed truly because I already knew. But, Erm, I think the reason that it was hard for me to watch you with Jackson. To watch you die. It was hard because I like you, Stiles. And, I wouldn't go as far as saying I'm in love with you because that's cliche and also I don't know what that feels like. But it's close. Every dumb ass joke makes me laugh. Your smile makes me smile. And I don't understand it. It really is freaking me out and I didn't know how to tell you and this way sucks. It's not romantic or anything. Well it is romantic. And you aren't saying anything which isn't good."
"You like me?" Stiles finally asks.
"Yeah."
"Like... Like like?" Stiles clarifies.
"Yeah."
"Are you sure? There are a lot of people out there. Better looking," Stiles frowned.
"Yeah, I know that and for some reason it's you,"
Isaac sighed. "I mean everything screams at me when I'm near you. It's weird. I don't understand it and if you don't feel the same that's fine. But, I wanted to tell you." Stiles' frowned turned to light laughter. "What? That's rude."
"I'm not laughing at you," Stiles promised. "Well you did kind of insult me... But, I'm not laughing at you. It's just that I have had some weird feelings. Not weird, just different feelings. And usually it's me thinking of you with someone else, like Allison. I mean how could I not like you back? You are literally a Greek god or something. Look at you, sometimes you even have a sense of humor. I'm just trying to wrap my head around you liking me. That's crazy. I mean as long as this isn't some cruel joke." Isaac shook his head. "Right well, it just doesn't make sense. Why me? I'm not a lot."
"Stiles don't say that."
"Why? I mean not why. Well, yeah I do. Why me?" Stiles asked. "I've literally ruined a lot of your life."
"No you've only ruined a small part maybe fifteen percent. That's really not that big. If you think about it, I spent a large portion of life in a freezer. So, this isn't anything," Isaac shrugs. "Stiles, can you just hurry up and process this then tell me what you think about it."
"You are very bossy today," Stiles muttered. "You can't expect me to be able to wrap my head around this in minutes! God, ask me in a year and I'll have the same response. But, uh, you know I think you're amazing. You are very strong and if I went through what you went through... I wouldn't be where you are now. And, I have been so excited watching you go from being scared and quiet to strong and outgoing. And, I thought that maybe bringing Allison back would further your process. It seems like I was right. That doesn't matter right now though. And I mean of course I like you back. How could I not? Look at you! Your puppy dog blue eyes and that smile that makes me melt. The laugh you have when you get that feeling after helping someone or something. I mean I thought you'd smell it all over me because I couldn't help but have that little bit of... Even if I tried to hide it and I really did." Stiles was ranting now. The words flowed like he was telling a story. Isaac was patiently waiting for him to take a breath. Though, it didn't seem like it was coming any time soon. "So, I mean of course I like you! Why would you even have to ask that? If I didn't, the afterlife would have been a lot different. Especially what happened with your dad. And what happened with Void. I never did get to apologize for that. I should have told you more. I just did that spell and it was completely immobilizing and dehumanizing. I mean you were literally like a slave."
"Stiles?" Isaac muttered, getting closer. "Stop talking for a minute so I can try something. After, you can talk as much as you want. And you can apologize for other pointless things too." Stiles nods and his mouth falls shut. Isaac studies his face for a minute. Taking in the relaxed confusion that always seemed to be there hidden behind his eyes. The little lines next to his eyebrows. How pieces of his hair hung on his forehead. Isaac's wolf seemed to almost purr at being this close. This was what it wanted; what he wanted. His fingers pulled at the others chin before dipping his head slightly, Stiles' breathing hitched before their lips connected. The kiss was warm and sweet. Isaac was slow and helped Stiles relax into it. Both of their bodies were screaming in triumph as if this was what they had lived for. What they were made for. Something they would never get used to either. Stiles had no idea what to do with his hands as Isaac's were holding his face. His body was hot and if he could have, we would freeze time there. But, his mind was too flustered.
Isaac pulls away, "I, uh, that was great. I mean honestly, you are an A+ kisser and I see why Allison liked you." Isaac let his brows draw together. "Sorry, that didn't come out how I thought. It's awkward now."
"Stiles," Isaac shook his head and his body bounced with laughter. "Just take a minute. Yeah? Breathe and take it all in." Stiles nods. "Good? You can't do that every time we kiss."
"Right," Stiles nods. "I won't. Just this time, promise. I just can't believe that you actually did that. I mean, I know it's real now. Because, if not and you still hated me that would not have been like that."
"Like what?" Isaac smirks. "What was it like for you?"
"You're weird," Stiles jokes. "But, it was great. I can't explain it. It was like a kiss in a movie. And please don't ask that question again. We are not in a middle school age bad movie. That's just creepy."
"Okay, just making sure I didn't break you," Isaac chuckled. "Are we going to show up at Scott's?"
"I mean, eventually," Stiles shrugged. "We could do more of the other stuff though." He gave a suggestive smirk. "Or I mean if you want to go to Scott's house and have that block."
"I would love to do stuff," his brows wiggled. "But, we have work to do. People to save. Remember? That's your whole thing."
"Right," Stiles rolled his neck. "Okay, we can go. Scott might not be happy to see me. We fought the last we spoke. Just be prepared because this can go any way." Isaac followed him to the vehicle.
"What about Allison? Surely, once he sees her things might get better," Isaac suggests. "And you brought reinforcements."
"Yeah, but it's still Scott," Stiles sighed. "He's hard headed and self righteous."
"Well, I'll hold him back if he tries anything," Isaac says. "Or I can just knock him out."
"One, he's an alpha. You can't do that," Stiles reminds him. "But thanks for the thought. Now, Jax will be waiting for us with Derek. Chris and Allison are getting their house back together and trying to find Gerard. So, we won't have Allison with us until later if it gets that far. She promised to come as soon as she can though."
"Great," Isaac nods. "Derek can hold you back then."
"I'm not going to hurt Scott," Stiles scoffs. He pulls into the McCall drive. Stiles was debating whether or not he could still just walk in. He did have a key after all. Would that be weird? He knocked. Jackson and Derek weren't here like they said they would be. Scott answered. "Scott."
"Stiles?" Scott was confused. "Isaac? What are you doing here?"
"Well, Lydia told us about everything that was happening here and we wanted to help. So we all came," Stiles explains. "Derek and Jackson will be here any minute. Chris and Allison are looking for Gerard. Who's here?"
"The pack," Scott frowned. "Allison is here? How?"
"Lydia didn't say?" Isaac asked.
"No. She's been busy," Scott said. "Which you could have helped with if you were here."
"Scott!" Stiles sighed. "I told you it wasn't that easy. But, I found someone to bring Allison back. For you! I looked all over the world for this girl for you! I couldn't live with myself until I found someone. Until I gave Allison that chance that I took from her."
"What about the others?" Scott asks.
"Others? Scott, come on! You know that none of this was me! I have never intentionally killed anyone!" Stiles argued. "We have talked about this.
"Scott," a voice came next to him. "Stiles."
"Theo," Scott sighed. "He told me that you killed someone else in Kansas. Two people actually."
"What?" Stiles asks. "No I didn't! How would I do that? The last day I was in Kansas I talked to you! Why do you believe him over me? I'm your best friend!"
"I think we should calm down before something bad happens," Theo calmly says. "Remember what happened with Liam?"
"What happened with Liam?" Stiles asked.
"Nothing," Scott sighed. "Look, you know that we don't kill people! That's the number one rule!"
"Scott," Isaac sighed. "We all have had life or death moments. You know that. What about Malia? Jackson. Derek. Chris. I can see it in this douche too."
"Isaac," Stiles' jaw was clenched. "Remember what I said earlier? Well, I might do it."
"Stiles," Lydia pushed through the guys and Stiles melted. She looked sick and tired. "Oh my god!" She threw her arms around him. "You're back!"
"Yeah," Stiles nods, wrapping his arms safely around her. "We came here to help. Jax will be here soon with Derek. Are you okay?" He ran his hand down her back and held her close. Isaac bit his lip watching the exchange, wondering if there was something between them.
"I've been better," she sighed. "But, Jackson told me about everything. Thank you for coming back. We need you now more than ever."
"You know that if you need me I'll always come," Stiles assured her. "You scream and I'm here." Isaac watched carefully as the two had their moment trying not to be obvious. "Allison can be here in an hour tops." He watched the black Camaro pull up. "Jax!"
"Thanks for coming," Scott finally sighed. "We can use the help." Jackson looked between the two best friends confused as he hugged Lydia. "Come inside." Jackson followed Stiles confused waiting for an explanation on the attitude. "Okay, these are the new members of the pack." Scott introduced everyone one by one. "This group of hunters are relentless. They are killing anyone and everyone in their way. Gerard is hidden somewhere in there though. Peter is trying to get word now."
"I am waiting on a call," Peter corrects. "Nephew. Jackass. Mini Derek. Stiles."
"Why does he get a normal name?" Jackson scoffs. "Also, which am I?"
"To be determined," Peter rolls his eyes.
"Peter likes Stiles because he's never shown that he was physically scared of Peter. He has stood up to him multiple times and proved to Peter that he's worthy," Derek rolled his eyes. "Whatever that may mean."
"It means that Stiles has always been the one calling the shots," Peter explains. "He tells everyone the best way to do something and they listen. He helps people. He doesn't stand down in a fight even with an alpha werewolf. If he were a wolf, he'd be an alpha."
"Multiple alphas," Stiles bit his lip. "But uh thanks."
"Exactly. I like Stiles. I don't like you guys at all except for my daughter," Peter smiled. "And maybe my nephew on good days."
"Have you tried Cora?" Stiles remembered. "Maybe she can help too."
"Not yet. We will see if it comes to that," Derek shook his head. "Stiles, you've got friends in Kansas who can help before her. Plus your friends in France."
"Friend," Isaac and Stiles say. "Alena."
"She's a badass," Jackson nods. "But, she had to stay there. She would kick all of your asses though."
"Well, you would know," Isaac chuckled.
"Please," Jackson rolled his eyes. "She had you down before you could even push your fangs out. Stiles though, Dean really taught him well. He was able to get through us all in less than five minutes. Alena even taught him a few things." Isaac gave him a please be quiet look. "Anyways, do we have a plan?"
"Not yet. Every time we get close they have us pinned. They had us locked in the Sheriff's office for at least two hours," Malia sighed. "But, Scott's dad has us on lock down but they have Ethan."
"Ethan? How long?" Stiles asked as his brain started working. "Seriously, how many hours now?"
"He's been missing for about thirty six hours," Lydia answered. "We got word that long ago."
"Okay... That could mean anything," Stiles nods. "I need something to write on..." Isaac gives him paper and a pen he found. "Usually, this would be a high risk abduction from terrorists but with everything going on. People won't trust us. In high risk cases, people's chances of coming back alive quickly begin to decrease after the first forty eight hours. I'm suspecting that they haven't tried to get anything from you?" No answer. "Exactly. Which means chances are still low, but they could be waiting on Gerard's order. If they want to make it count, that could last days. Werewolves heal in seconds which means torture is a sport." Stiles eyes Derek and Peter. "We have to find out where he is soon or we might not get him back."
"How? They aren't giving clues," Malia asks.
"They don't have to," Stiles smiled. "I have been everywhere in this town. I know it with my eyes closed. I also know Gerard Argent. When he kidnapped Erica, Boyd, and me, he kept us in a basement or bunker of some sort. He can't have many other places other than where they kept you guys. That's two separate places."
"Eichen House could be one," Lydia suggests. "They've kept supernatural beings there for years."
"With it closed now," Liam frowned. "It would be easy to get in and out. But, the power is off. The cells wouldn't work."
"He's right," Stiles nods. "But the basement is still somewhere we should look. There could be something there for other research purposes. If I were a bad guy I would look in the places where I could get the most information on what I am hunting. Eichen House. Deaton. Is the Hale vault open?"
"Could be opened easily with some force," Peter shrugged.
"Right... Those places would be the top priority. If they're smart they would be going there when they think we are preoccupied. Not tonight with us all coming back. They are on high alert and scared. They will stick low for the night then into the day. We should go then."
"Stiles has a point," Derek agreed. "Argent is too smart to hit with us all being in the same spot tonight. He's going to wait. He knows we are weakest when we are alone. We should bunk with people."
"He's not coming for me," Stiles shrugs. "I don't have anything he wants and he knows it. He wants you all dead."
"He can still come for you," Jackson said. "You aren't staying anywhere alone. You can be used as a pawn."
"I can call Chris. I'm sure Dean and Sam need a place too," Stiles continued. "They can stay with me. Isaac you can too, if you aren't staying here or with Derek."
"I'm staying with you," Isaac clarified and the pack looked surprised.
"What happened in the last hour?" Jackson asked. "You weren't even talking when we got here."
"We talked," Stiles shrugged. "Got everything off our chests and made up."
"Thank god," Jackson rolled his eyes. "I thought Isaac was going to blow his head up. Derek I'll stay with you?" He gave a knowing look to the two before looking back at the pack.
"Yeah. Peter is the loft in livable shape?" Derek asked.
"Yes. I am not an animal," Peter scoffed. "I don't live in filth."
"Other than the filth of your conscious," Stiles jokes. "Because let's be honest, that has to be pretty damn dirty. And I only know a small part." Jackson snickers as well. "Jax, do you have that jacket that I lent you?"
"Yeah it's back at Derek's," Jackson nods. "I'll bring it tomorrow for our session?"
"Session?" Lydia queries.
"Training," Stiles answered. "That's fine. Are we going to Argent?"
"Yeah. He and Dean said they were going to set up a room. Sam is working with Allison on something," Jackson shrugged. "I wasn't paying attention."
"You train?" Malia frowned. "Since when? You can't even run?"
"I see human manners are really rubbing off on you," Stiles rolled his eyes. "But, I started when I was in Kansas. Jackson started helping in London. Isaac started in France."
"You did fill out," Lydia nods roaming his covered body. "Even through your baggy clothes, I can see."
"Thanks," Stiles held a hand to his chest. "I'm glad someone noticed."
"Isaac, are you sure you want to stay with Stiles? We still have your room," Scott asks. "I mean, you don't have to. You aren't intruding or anything."
"Yeah," Isaac laughed. "I'll be fine. Speaking of which, I think it's time to go?" He looks at Stiles. "Please."
"Yeah," Stiles nods. "Here. I don't feel like driving." Stiles handed the keys to Isaac and the pack had all frozen other than Jackson. They watched the two walk out of the house in confusion.
"Did Stiles let someone else drive the Jeep? Is he okay?" Kira asks. "He never..."
"He's fine?" Jackson chuckled. "They just bonded over in France. They had to share a room for a while and one day they just woke up and were best friends."
"I didn't know any of that," Scott said. "What else is he keeping?"
"He's not keeping anything," Jackson rolled his eyes. "You are too busy judging everyone, did you even welcome him back? Apologize about his dad? I mean seriously, Scott. Stiles has given a lot for you and he's been a better friend than you deserve."
"Dude, that's harsh," Mason mumbled and Liam nods. "Scott is a great friend."
"Dude," Jackson raised his brows. "You are irrelevant to the conversation."
"Jackson," Lydia sighed. "He's a kid. And, there are a lot of things going on with everyone. We just need to have the time to get to know each other again."
"Lydia is right," Kira nods. "We should meet tomorrow? After your training session? Have a pack day."
"That sounds great, Kir," Scott nods. "Everyone is tired and stressed. Let's talk about the rest of the sleeping arrangements. Malia, Kira, and Lydia where are you staying? Theo?"
"Corey is staying over tonight," Mason adds. "He's coming over after work."
"Good," Scott nods.
"I guess we can stay at my place," Lydia sighed. "Just the girls obviously, but Scott what about you?"
"I was going to offer to let you all stay here. My mom won't be home until tomorrow working over at the hospital."
"Sounds better than driving to Lyd's. No offense."
"Fine. I want a bed though," Lydia said. "I'm fragile."
"Right," Scott nods. "You can have mine." Jackson and Derek start for the door. "Jackson..." The blonde pauses at the door. "Is Stiles okay? Something..."
"Ask him yourself," Jackson rolled his eyes. "And probably do it before he throws his life on the line for yours again." He looked at his watch. "Scott, I know I wasn't here for the shit that went down. But, Stiles and I are friends now. And I know that he is going through a lot of shit and his head is messed up. So if you do anything that hurts him, I will choose him over you and I will kick your ass." Liam gave a small growl, a warning maybe but Jackson just laughed. "That's cute kid. But, I will tear you apart."
"Jackson," Derek sighed. "Let's go, please."
"Right. Anything else?" Jackson rose a brow. "Then goodbye." He followed Derek to the Camaro and Peter was close behind.
"Are you alright?" Isaac asks.
"Yeah," Stiles reassured the wolf. "I knew it was going to be like that. Like I said Scott is hard headed. I am going to have to wait out his punishment. He has abandonment issues you know."
"He is still a dick," Isaac mumbled. "He's lucky that I didn't kill him. He had no right to use..."
"I know," Stiles nods. "It's okay, really. I can't take it to heart right? Isn't that what we talked about?"
"I guess it was hinted at, but that's not the point. He has no idea how much everyone gives up for him. I mean people have died for him. You died for him and he doesn't even know it."
"Isaac, babe, I understand that you're upset but I'm not. Really," Stiles gives him a reassuring look. "I have everything that I need right now. Scott can take his time and get his head out of his ass. You are cute when you get worked up though."
"Well, I don't have anything else going for me," Isaac says and Stiles laughed. "Are you sure though? It's okay to be mad."
"I said I was okay. I didn't say I wasn't angry," Stiles sighed. "I just am not going to let it get to me. I am learning control."
"Yeah? How far does that control go? Think you show me a trick?" Isaac asks.
"I can show you a lot of things," Stiles smirked. "But, this is my favorite." He put the vehicle in park before walking Isaac to his backyard. "This was obviously my favorite place when I was kid. My mom had a garden here." He gestures to a small patch of dead soil and twigs. "She would get so annoyed when I came trampling over all of her flowers. After she passed, I tried to water her garden for her return. When I didn't quite understand death. Then a few years ago, I tried gardening. I'm not very good at it." He laughed a little. "My dad said that's from him, he can't keep plants alive either." Isaac stays quiet. "I loved coming here with my mom though. Helping her however I could. I know I wasn't much help though, if any." He crouched down and let his fingers hover over the dirt before sinking his hand in it and picking up a handful. It sifted through his fingers falling in a pile. Isaac didn't know what was going to happen now. He watched carefully and sadly understanding the loss Stiles was feeling. Stiles' fingers began glowing as he played with the dirt before a fully bloomed flower sprouted from nothing. "This was her favorite flower." He spun the long purple flower. "A penstemon."
"It's pretty."
"She said that the bees needed them for pollination and a place to safely land. She never let anyone kill a bee near her," Stiles chuckled. "Which, is kinda what we need right now, huh?"
"She'd be a great bee advocate," Isaac nods and Stiles laughed. "The Bee Movie, I think she would have liked that."
"The what?" Stiles looked at the taller kid. "Is that like a documentary?"
"No? It's a cartoon? You've never seen the bee movie? Dude," Isaac's eyes were wide. "You need to see it! We are definitely watching that tonight."
"Calm down," Stiles shook his head. "We can watch the movie. We can watch whatever you want."
"Great," Isaac smiled. "Come on." Isaac pulled Stiles up from the ground and Stiles let them into the house. "I'm sorry about your mom."
"It's okay," Stiles shrugged. "At least I know she's in a good place."
"Yeah," Isaac sat on Stiles' bed. "If it means anything, I know she'd be proud of you. I am."
"Thanks," Stiles handed him the controller for his old PlayStation. "I don't want to get up early."
"You know you already told Dean where to go," Isaac reminded him. "You're gonna have to go now."
"I know. I still don't want to," Stiles sighed. "I want a morning that's regular. When can that happen?"
"Maybe after we get rid of Gerard," Isaac suggested. "Then we can have as many as you'd like." Stiles nods sitting next to the wolf. "Now, this movie is a classic and you better appreciate it."
"I will," Stiles promised, jokingly. "Just play it already." They sat awkwardly for the first quarter of the movie. They were unsure what was okay with the other and what wasn't. Could Stiles lean his head on Isaac? Could they lay down? They didn't know and it left an awkward tension around them. Stiles rolled his neck and laid his head back against the wall. He did enjoy the movie, not surprisingly. "This is pretty funny."
"I told you," Isaac chuckled and he awkwardly moved closer to the kid and wrapped his arm around his lower back. He pulled him into his side. "You know, I've got a few tricks as well."
"Like what?"
"Well, people have said that I am just a wonder to look at," he shrugs. "But, uh, I think this is something I know is gonna get you." Stiles rose a brow questioning the mischief in Isaac's eyes. Isaac extended a single claw and then lightly ran it down Stiles side, who yelped.
"Stop right now!" Stiles warns though he was laughing. Isaac continued his trail. "Stop! Oh my god!" Stiles was crying with laughter as Isaac assaulted his sides. "This isn't fair!" He squirmed trying to get away from the wolf, but the other was stronger. The sound of Stiles' laugh, real and raw, made Isaac laugh too. It was the most genuine laugh Stiles had let out since they met in France. Stiles fell to his pillow still trying to get himself out and Isaac was easily holding himself above with leg and one arm. "Okay! I surrender please!"
"What do you surrender?" Isaac stops trying to contemplate the answer. "I don't think you have anything to give up right now."
"I don't know!" Stiles gasps. "What do you want?" Isaac gave him a face. "Anything! Just don't start again."
"That is a pretty broad offer," Isaac chuckles as he hovers above the human. "I think there are quite a few things you can offer. I am gonna save this for later though, yeah. Just in case an opportunity arrives."
"What?" Stiles was still heaving. "That's not how this works."
"Isn't it?" Isaac smirks and brings his hand up again as Stiles protests. "I don't want anything right now. I have everything. So, if I want something later. I'll bring up this exact moment." Stiles sighs in defeat. "Good." Isaac had always been good with flirting, well ever since he became a wolf he's been good at it. He knows how to flash a smile, say the right things. He knows how to make people swoon. But he was faltering with Stiles. His heart was speeding and he didn't know why. He took a quiet breath before lowering himself even more just above Stiles' face. Stiles was frozen in his spot and he even stopped breathing. Isaac was studying his face, he took in every single detail. Every hidden scar and lines. The sharpness of his new jawline. His ruffled hair. The tint in his cheeks from laughing so much and the thin streaks from the tears.
Finally, his brain tells him to do it. Their lips graze for a second before both are too impatient to play anymore. Stiles unfreezes and wraps his arms around the others neck, pulling himself up slightly so they could be closer. Isaac's brain seems to fog ashis tongue traces the line of Stiles' bottom lip. They dance together before Isaac dominates. The taste of Stiles infatuated him then the boy let out a little groan that threw the wolf over. He pulled away for a moment before going for his neck. Stiles took the time to breathe, even if it was ragged. His eyes rolled back as Isaac's teeth grazed his skin. His core seemed to heat but he barely noticed. Then Isaac got to his soft spot near his collarbone and he felt the heat. He opened his eyes and the room was bright. Isaac seemed accomplished that he had the effect on the other. Stiles swallowed trying to make the light die, but it didn't.
"You're like a little glow stick," Isaac laughs little. "Even your eyes."
"Well, look at you," Stiles gestures to Isaac's own glowing eyes. "Didn't know I could have that effect on you?"
"Me either," Isaac muttered. "It's never happened before." Stiles nods slowly watching Isaac's features return to normal. "I don't know why, sorry."
"Hey, I'm not complaining," Stiles ran a hand down Isaac's cheek. "I think you're pretty handsome with 'em." Isaac pushes himself up then lays next to Stiles. "I like your eyes no matter what color."
"And here I thought you preferred the blue," Isaac jokes. "I think we should go to bed, early morning."
"Right."