Chapter 12

Stiles had kept Isaac at Deaton's all day looking for answers about the realm they were in. Isaac grew bored sitting on the table so he began looking through all of the herbs and what nots. Neither of them spoke about the night before. Really they didn't know what to say.

   "You're gonna hurt yourself," Stiles mumbled, not looking up from his book. Isaac scoffed sifting through the drawer. Something had a flowery smell and he wanted to find it. "What are you doing?"

   "Something," Isaac frowned. "Smells good. Like a flower."

   "It's probably this," Stiles got up and grabbed a vial from the drawer. "It's used for trapping supernatural creatures. It lures them in with the smell." 

   "Smell?"

   "Yes," Stiles nods. "Then when you touch it. It burns." He pulled the flower out of the vial and grabbed one of Isaac's hands. He touched it to his finger and Isaac hissed bringing his hand back. "That's why I said you were going to hurt yourself."

   "Right," Isaac sighs. "I'm bored."

   "I know," Stiles chuckled as he sat back on the floor with his legs crossed. "You could help me. It would probably go faster."

   "I don't understand any of that crap," Isaac waves a hand. "Can't we just bring the stuff back to your house?"

   "Yeah," Stiles nods. "But, it's easier to do it here because Deaton is stocked."

   "But it's boring here," Isaac groaned. "He's got no TV or things to mess with."

   "I thought I was the one with ADHD," Stiles chuckled but looked up at the wolf now. "Look, just sit right here." He moves some books out of the way. "Look through these for anything that says anything about the veil of death. About light and dark. Okay?"

   "Yeah," Isaac sighed, sitting down slowly. He flipped open a book and started skimming the pages as Stiles was scribbling something down in a notebook. They sat in silence for half an hour before Stiles jumped up. "What?" Isaac looked up from his place.

   "I know what caused the rift!" Stiles smiled. "Since Void was technically a demon and human because of my body. They didn't know where to send him, because he had human flesh they sent him here. I was good, mostly. But obviously he was evil. So it caused the whole place to be messed up. That's why the bad guys can come into the light side."

   "How do we fix it?" Isaac asked.

   "I don't know," Stiles sighed, sitting down again. "I need to find a way to bring balance back."

   "Couldn't you exercise him? Like vanquish the demon?" Isaac asked. "Holy water and a priest?"

   "Isaac," Stiles gave him a look of astonishment. "You are a freaking genius! But we don't need a priest. We just need a demon killing blade."

   "Where do we get one of those?"

   "Dean and Sam," Stiles drawled. "Cas can communicate for us."

   "How do we get him?" Isaac interjected.

   "He said that whatever happens to us in here happens to us out there," Stiles thought aloud. "So, I just need to... Here!" Stiles jumped up again and grabbed a cautery tool from the counter. Isaac was confused. "Okay." Stiles had to take a deep breath before switching the tool on. "I can do this, right?"

   "Do what?" Isaac asked.

   "I need to use this tool to burn the message into my skin," Stiles took a deep breath. "If I stop, you need to keep it going."