Chapter 13

"You are so Shaggy and Scooby!" Erica argued. "Especially since the two of you can't go more than three feet from each other! Seriously, you guys have to see it."

   "I'm not getting into this," Allison held her hands up. "Not again."

   "Again? You didn't even say anything about it when I wanted to be Fred!" Stiles whined. "I am not a coward! Neither is Isaac."

   "Hey! They play good bait," Erica said. "Which is what you are doing, I hope. If we die it's bye bye forever."

   "I am," Stiles pulled his flannel off. "I'm sure he wants a few words in with me anyways."

   "What?" Isaac spun. "You want us to be the bait?"

   "Actually," Stiles grabbed Isaac's wrist and there was a burning feeling for a second then it was gone. "You are gonna stay here with them. I'm just going."

   "Stiles," Isaac shook his head looking at the red band on his wrist.

   "Don't argue," Stiles held a hand up. "I'm going. Okay, Boyd, you are in charge of getting the salt line finished in the doorway. Erica you are an artist. Draw the devils trap on the ceiling and the floor. Allison, you have the holy water. Isaac, you have the blade."

   "I think someone should go with you," Allison spoke up. "You shouldn't go alone. Let me."

   "No," Stiles shook his head. "He can hurt all of you."

   "He can hurt you too."

   "Not if he wants his power back," Stiles swallows. "If he kills me, he loses the power forever and can never get out."

   "Well, how are you going to get the sides to close?" Boyd asked. "If you are bait. We are all here. Who is going to close the shadows off?"

   "As soon as we get Void trapped," Stiles started. "I have the spell to close the other side. Now, go do your jobs." Isaac went to argue again, but Stiles held up a hand to silence him. The others took this as no more talking and started doing what they were told. Stiles helped add salt to the windows and any other exits. He made sure Allison also had a handful of mountain ash as well. Isaac sulked in the corner while they worked, but it didn't phase Stiles. This was his job, Isaac wasn't going to be hurt anymore. No one else was.

   He walked out of the building while no one was looking, making sure to give Isaac his speech back. He stood in front of the closed Beacon Memorial, where Void no doubt would be there with his victims and friends. He closed his eyes for a moment getting ready.

   "Hey Void! I've heard that you've been looking for me," Stiles screamed at the door. "Well, I'm here now. Why don't we settle things?"

   "Stiles," Void sneered. "I'd say it's been a long time, but I see you every dreadful day. Come to give me back my power?"

   "No," Stiles shrugged. "Just to talk. You see, I didn't really like when you took over my body."

   "Well, I enjoyed it," he mimicked Stiles' shrug. "So what did you come to see me for? In the den of the shadow people? Come to die again? What would this be, the fourth time?"

    "I haven't really been keeping count," Stiles chuckled. "Been busy cleaning up your mess."

   "How?"

   "You know, cover stories. Unidentifiable bodies. Unclaimed bodies. One of them was you," Stiles explained. "Not that it mattered. You got cremated and dumped into a vault."

   "Well," he shrugged. "Now that you're here, which I've been waiting for, did you ever feel my power inside you?"

   "Sure."