Chapter 14

Stiles knew that he could die. He just didn't think that he would. He also didn't think he was going to feel it, but he did. He left the death realm and found all black. He could feel his body and himself breathing. He could feel if someone would touch him. But, he couldn't open his eyes or move. It was like being comatose. He listens to the surrounding sounds, no one spoke much while they were in the room. Only a few questions asking how he was doing. He felt a constant weight and warmth next to him. Someone would check his pulse every so minutes or hours. He couldn't tell. How long was he like this? How long would he be like this? The only thing keeping him from going incredibly crazy was that he could still dream. But, even those were bleak. He's woken up by a tightness in his chest and it burned like hell. He wished he could grab his chest; claw at it. But he couldn't move. He wanted to scream out. He realized that this was it. He couldn't breathe anymore. His body was now failing him. He didn't care though. Allison deserved a second chance. She deserved to be alive.

   Isaac was also woken up. Stiles was choking or gasping? He couldn't tell. His body seized as he tried to breath, but Isaac could see the color of his skin turning already. He called for help, but even they couldn't do anything. No one could help Stiles now. They had to watch as he took those final breaths. Allison felt sick when she walked into the room and even remembered her own death. What she wanted so she sat with them. She held Stiles close to her and pet his hair. She whispered in his ears that it would be okay. Jackson didn't stay in the room though. He was mad. Mad at Stiles for doing something so stupid that he would die. Mad at Isaac for letting him do it. He was mad at everyone and everything so he went to his room. The door slammed making the shelves on the wall shake and things fell. The older men, they didn't know what to do. They knew that Stiles was willing to do anything for his friends and family. They knew that he would do whatever he could to help them and make sure they were happy. They didn't want to disturb the kids and their little time left with Stiles. Their friend. Chris thought of the kids back in Beacon Hills who won't get to say their goodbyes. They wouldn't know until someone told them and the spell wore off. He wondered if it started to yet.

   Lydia felt his death across the world. She woke up in a sweat and the memories of the boy came flooding back. Then she felt the shift and she knew that it was his last breath. She screamed in pain and was sure that all of California heard it. What hurt worse was that she was the only one who would remember it. The only one who knew who Stiles was to all of them.

   When Stiles' body finally stopped thrashing, Allison let a few broken tears fall as she continued to let his hair. Isaac stayed silent watching the wall, but tears streamed down his face. Dean had put down three beers and was grabbing his fourth. Sam joined him with Castiel, the latter not drinking. Jack was confused with it all, in his mind this was heroic and how Stiles wanted to go. Why was everyone so mad? Why was he mad too?

    Stiles fell into the floor in confusion. This wasn't the realm of death. It was warmer here and there were more colors. People he didn't recognize passed by without giving him a second look. Women who were dressed in ancient clothes gave him looks of sorrow as they passed, but stayed quiet. Where was he? He stumbled to his feet trying to find anything familiar.

    "Sir, are you Stilinksi?" A teenage girl asks.

    "I am?" He frowns.

    "Follow me, the ancestors want to see you," she smiles warmly and begins walking. Stiles followed looking around one last time. "You've been quite the talk of all the realms. Everyone has been waiting to meet the boy who runs with wolves and lives to tell his tale of the Nogistune."

    "Well, I'm not that great," Stiles shrugged.

   "On the contrary," she looks over her shoulder. "You are the first of your kind in hundreds of years. You are noble and kind. I see in your eyes that you never wanted any of this."