Chapter 15

Isaac and Jackson had to be escorted out of the room by Chris. Allison couldn't bring herself to leave the boy yet though. She cried as his head still laid in her lap and his hair between her fingers. She continued her mantra telling him he would be okay. None of them understood the body's process but his lips were starting to turn blue when he was choking. His entire body had paled even more as time grew. The air in the room grew thick as the remnants of whatever he had left his body.
Isaac has locked himself in his room. He couldn't bring himself to talk to anyone else in the house. All that played in his mind were the memories that he had with Stiles and only a third of them were actually good ones. Most of his memories with the kid were of one of them insulting the other. But, the one memory he had most embedded in his brain was the last time he saw Stiles. The day after Allison's funeral after they got rid of the Nogistune. Stiles had only been at the funeral for a few moments, he stayed quiet the entire time. He was there for Scott, that was obvious. Isaac didn't know if the alpha made Stiles go or not. He made eye contact with Stiles for seconds. Isaac was blinded by his own grief to see Stiles'. To see that the boy was still dying and needed someone to pull him out of the grave. Moments later, he left without even an utterance of goodbye. He left a small boxed package for Chris that Isaac didn't know about to this day. In fact the only reason he even knew that it was from Stiles to begin with was because the pungent smell. Isaac never cared to ask how Stiles was. Never bothered to look in with Derek or Scott to see how the human was coping with the aftermath of possession. He was just disgusted with himself now; for not letting Stiles know that it was okay. He was always beating on the kid, even when Stiles told him that it was okay to be nice. Stiles told him that they could be friends and Isaac still was a dick. It took him three days to say something inoffensive to Stiles when they were bonded and another day to be able to have the conversation. Even with Stiles working harder than ever to get them apart. And of course it was because of Isaac's walls he had built so he wouldn't get hurt. The walls he built before he was a wolf and even more that he built after. Isaac was scared to let the kid in and even after he let in the McCalls. Isaac spent days with Stiles before all of this. Purposely beating him at lacrosse. Pushing him around in the halls of Beacon Hills. Letting the human protect him from a lizard man. He was jealous of Stiles' ability to throw himself in front of everyone and not look completely terrified. Always self sacrificial, Isaac realized. Isaac threw one of the books that was left in his room. It sent a small crack moving up the wall and the book crumbled to the floor. Something inside Isaac seemed to shift. He couldn't contain his anger anymore and his wolf even seemed to peek out. Ready to pounce at the next person. He growled out a sob and his claw poked through.
Jackson was beating himself up on the other side of the hall. He wasn't a very nice person, to anyone. Most of all, he wasn't nice to Stiles. For almost thirteen years, he tormented Stiles. Called him names. Literally pushed him around and tortured the kid for years. On top of it all, he swung Lydia around in front of Stiles' face. Jackson laid in the unfamiliar bed, listening to the quiet whispers of the other residents. To Allison's repetitive whispers telling Stiles it would be alright. To Dean and Castiel's argument. To Sam explaining to Jack exactly why everyone was upset. To Isaac's growls and whimpers. Jackson felt the wave of Lydia's scream hit him before she called. He stared for a moment then another. "Lydia?"
"Stiles is dead."
"What? Lydia? What are you talking about?" Jackson swallowed. "Isn't it like four in the morning there?"
"Jackson," Lydia sounded more broken than ever. "I felt it. I felt him die and nobody here remembers him. Nobody here knows that their closest friend..."
"I know," Jackson sat up. "I know, Lydia. I'm with him." There was silence. "Lydia, I know this is so much right now. The rush of memories then his death. Everyone's memories will slowly come back to them. The spell won't last long."
"You're with him? Where are you? Are you hurt?" Lydia asked.
"Yeah, Lydia," Jackson sighed and rubbed his face. "I don't know what to say. I've been with him for a few months, helping him. He's been having a rough time. I was with him when it happened."
"Was it painful?"
"No, we made sure he didn't feel anything," Jackson lies. "We worked hard to keep him comfortable."
"We?"
"I'm with Chris and Isaac," Jackson explains. "Stiles had powers, Lydia. He had powers and he was working on using them. He brought Allison back to life. She's with us again. He saved us... He sacrificed himself so she would live again. He's so stupid."
"What? Jackson?"
A crash sounded down the hall, "Lydia, I have to go. Something is wrong with Isaac." Lydia was going to argue, but the phone line went dead. Jackson knocked once on the door. "Isaac?"
"Go away," Isaac huffed.
"Well, no," Jackson rolled his eyes. "I don't usually do what people tell me to do. If you don't open the door, I will break it down. Now open it."
"I don't do what I'm told either," Isaac growled. "Get away from the door."
"No," Jackson repeats and twists the door handle. "You can't stay locked in your room like this, Isaac. Stiles would be pissed if he knew you were locking yourself in a small place with all of that emotion? Isaac, it's not safe. Come on." He gave up on reasoning and kicked the door open. "Isaac... Dude? What the hell is going on here? Are those your claws?"
"Get out!"
"No!" Jackson rolled his eyes. "Put your damn claws away, kitty. Do you know what Stiles sacrificed to get you out? To make sure you lived? This is how you repay him? By locking yourself in a room? By unleashing whatever this is? What are you going to do? Are you going to rip your own throat open? I don't understand? Did the book hurt you?"
"Now is not the time for your stupid jokes," Isaac growls. "Are you blind? Do you not see that I am unstable?"
"Oh, I've seen that for a while now," Jackson laughs. "But, I don't care. Take your time, break what you need. Hell, break something on me. Just don't hurt my face, it's the money maker." He gestured to his face. "Stiles is in the other room, probably stiffening in Allison's lap. But you take your time doing this." Isaac glared. "You know, since we left London he spoke about trying to make things alright with you. He beat himself up, scared to talk to you. What was the last thing he said to you? Did he tell you any of that? Did he tell you about that? I know I have before, but did he? What were his last words to you? Mine were 'Dude, you are crushing me to death' I think I just got back from a run and laid on him."
"He told me to give him the angel blade," Isaac sighed, leaning against the wall. His claws sinking back into his fingers. "Those were the last words he said to me alone. Our last conversation was arguing. We argued over him doing this stupid crap."
"Seems right," Jackson sighed, leaning with the other. "Always had something to say."
"And has to boss everyone around," Isaac chuckled, now all of his wolf back inside. "Such a dick."
"Would he be happy this is how we were talking about him, moments after we watched him pass?" Jackson wondered and they both laugh now. "He's on the other side mother fucking us with Erica while Boyd watches."
"Oh god," Isaac shook his head. "Erica and Stiles are going to burn that place down and Boyd is all alone trying to stop them."
"Poor Boyd," Jackson sighed. "I can't believe he actually sacrificed himself. He's gone and I didn't get to tell him how stupid he is."
"I can't believe I let him do it. Now none of you got to say goodbye," Isaac swallows. "No one in Beacon Hills. His dad. They don't even know yet."
"Lydia knows," Jackson looks at his hands. "She called me. She felt it all the way across the world. She felt him and she remembered him. They always had that bond."
"Stiles was just obsessed with her," Isaac chuckled.
"Yeah... But, they still had this dynamic. Like every move the other would already know and be there with them," Jackson shrugged. "It was like they were connected."
"If Lydia knows," Isaac starts. "Does that mean everyone else will soon?"
"Probably," Jackson nods. "We are going to have to find a way to..."
"Move him," Isaac finished. "Yeah. That will be fun. International air and such." Isaac scans the room and the destruction he caused. "Stiles would laugh at us right now. I mean look at us! Two werewolves sitting on the floor of a room tore apart. Crying! God he would be making fun of us if he could." Isaac wiped his face. "Werewolves acting like babies throwing a tantrum."
"Wouldn't say that," Stiles was at the door. "Though, you do look ridiculous. Almost fully grown men sitting on the floor curled into balls. And the tears make you look crazy. I mean come on, I wasn't that important. Not like I'm the pope or anything."
"What the hell?" Jackson jumped up and Isaac followed, but he hadn't said anything.
"You look like you've seen a ghost," Stiles laughed. "Look at the two of you! God I wish I had a camera. It would be great to have this for later use."
"Stiles," Allison's voice rang down the hall. "Don't do that. It's not nice."
"I know," Stiles waved a hand. "But look, they look ridiculous." He gestured and she poked her head into the room. "Right?" She nods a little. "I'm trying to lighten the shock."
"You died," Jackson snaps. "You've been dead for hours now."
"I was," Stiles nods.
"Your heart stopped and you stopped breathing," Jackson explained. "I heard it. I watched you take... What is going on?"
"I came back. The elders and the council didn't think it was my time to die yet," Stiles explains. "They had a whole trial. I am famous."
"You're alive," Jackson examined the boy. Color fully came back to his skin. No blue tint in his lips. No marks. "This is real? Like there isn't a catch? You're not Void?"
"I hope not," Stiles looks down at his body. "We got rid of him, permanently." Stiles looked at Isaac now. "Isaac..."
"Don't," Isaac shook his head. "Don't say anything."
"Look, I'm sorry," Stiles sighed. "I'm sorry for putting you through that. For making you hold that... I don't know what it would be called. But, I'm sorry. I didn't want to hurt you."
"Just," Isaac shook his head. "Don't say anything."
"He just needs a minute," Allison whispers as Stiles let his mouth close. "Come on, I know you're starving." She pulled him away from the door and down the hall. "He needs time to process. He stayed with you. When you didn't wake up. He stayed with you until you stopped breathing. Then after he stayed until dad had to pull him away. He refused to do anything but stay in that room with you."
"How long?"
"You didn't start to actually die for almost two days," Allison explained. "Then you passed earlier today around eight this morning. It's six now."
"That long... Everyone must be pretty mad at me," Stiles laughed lightly. "I mean, everyone's always mad but. They'll get over it though, right?"
"Yeah," she nods. "Now, lets get food yeah?"
"God yes," Stiles' stomach growls in response. "I feel like I haven't eaten in days."
"Try years," Allison mumbled and Stiles nods.
"So, did it hurt? Waking up? How did it happen?" Stiles asks searching for something. "Did you just appear?"
"Well, it didn't hurt exactly," she shrugs. "It was like getting air knocked out of you when you fall on your back. I kinda fell and landed outside. It was weird, seeing everything again. Like when you die things go dark and dreary. But, when you come alive things go bright."
"That's what I felt," Stiles nods. "When I was in the witch realm, everything was kinda grey. Then when they sent me back I felt my lungs fill with air again and then my blood pumping. It was kinda exhilarating." She nods in agreement. "Then I woke up and saw you."
"I love the feeling of everything," Allison sighed. "Being cold or hot. Breathing. It's all so amazing. Touching other living people."
"I didn't even notice I couldn't feel those things," Stiles laughed. "I was more scared of getting sent to hell from my trial." She laughs now. "Team shared trauma." He holds out a glass of water to her. "Now we get to tell everyone we died and came back."
"To hell and back for the ones we love," she jokes. "Does this mean we are part of the Sam and Dean club?"
"I think you should ask them," he chuckled. "Food is amazing. I am never going to take this for granted again."
"Me either."