Chapter 23 - For This Man

Severus took another drink, and the suspense was killing me.  I knew the relationship me and Reu had was probably not traditionally accepted. I suppose we would be considered 'friends with benefits,' but to me, it didn't feel as casual as that saying had always seemed to me. Sure, I couldn't imagine continuing the 'benefit' part of our friendship if me and Severus were to ever make our relationship official, but I was perfectly content with that.

"So have you considered our future, Avia? If we were to have a future together, would that change the relationship you have with Professor Thomas?" he asked, and now I felt like I needed to put what I was just thinking into coherent words that wouldn't be so awkward as I was imagining.

"Yes," I answered, taking a drink, and although I didn't intend to leave him hanging on my singular word as a response, I could see in his expression that he feared I might. "Yes," I said again, and he looked relieved as I continued, "I have considered our future, and I have high hopes that we could have a future together. And yes, the relationship between me and Reu would change. I hope me and Reu will always be friends, and I intend as much, but if you and I became'more' to each other, I would no longer pursue the physical aspect of my relationship with Reu." Severus looked at me for a long moment, and I could feel my face getting warm under his gaze. It was a little embarrassing to talk about, but it was the bed I had made for myself, or so to speak.

"I would like for us to be 'more' to each other," Severus said, and I could hear the sincerity in his voice.

"All you need do is say," I said softly, my insides starting to quake a little at the seriousness of all of it. Even the thought of it made my heart beat faster. I tried unsuccessfully not to think of all of the implications of that... being close to him, talking, kissing, being intimate with him, seeing him without his clothes... Hell, I had butterflies in my stomach the other day just from seeing his naked feet. I felt the heat radiating from my face now as I blushed at my wayward thoughts, and I drained the rest of the wine in my glass, hoping to cool down a little.

"Come to me," he said, holding out his hand. Severus took my empty glass, then swallowed the last drink from his, setting them both down on the side table before pulling me onto his lap. He put one arm around my waist, and his other hand reached to take one of my locks of hair, softly twisting and twirling it around his finger, looking at it absently. The casual contact of his gesture felt incredibly intimate, and I moved my hand to initiate my own, brushing back his hair to gently stroke the soft skin under his ear. He closed his eyes as I did so, and I couldn't help but cherish him at this moment. When he opened his eyes, I moved my arm behind his shoulders.

He looked at me tenderly. "Avia, I could have never foreseen you in my life. You have touched my heart in a way that I cannot express. I want nothing more at this moment than for you to be a part of my life, and for me to be a part of yours. I have not yet revealed to you all that I want to about my life. I am a patient man... 'was' a patient man, and yet I cannot seem to find the patience to wait to ask if you are willing for us to be more to each other," he said, and I was touched by all of his thoughtful, heartfelt words. I knew there was no way my words could match the eloquence of his, but I didn't feel the need to compete as we had previously in our battle of words.

"Yes, Severus. I would love for us to be more, and for us to be part of each other's lives. I have also felt you touch my heart. I have also seen your heart, and it is beautiful. Whatever you need to tell me can wait until you are ready. It will not change my mind, or the feelings I have for you in my heart," I replied earnestly.

He placed his hand on my face, and I felt my heart beat into my throat. He gently pulled me into a kiss, and as his lips pressed into mine, I closed my eyes, feeling my heart swell with a passion for this man. He met me with his own passion, the depth of his emotions manifesting in his unconcealed desire, and he increased the ardency of his kiss until I felt the heat of our mutual passion spiraling out of control. I gave myself into it, letting my mind and body be pulled into the swirling vortex of blissful ecstasy. I felt him run his hand into my hair, grasping to draw me in to deepen our kiss, and our tongues entwined as our lips enveloped each other's lustfully. By hands flattened out on his chest, and I could feel his heart pounding through his clothes. I heard and felt him moan in my mouth, and I gasped sharply at the jolt of almost painful pleasure that coursed through my body which shuddered at the intensity. My hands grasped on to him in a desperate effort to control the overwhelming sensations, and I felt him respond in equal measure. I found myself straddling him, not even sure when or how that happened. Our breathing grew more ragged, our kiss becoming more erratic because of the need to catch our breath, and our mouths moved apart. We ran rough, open-mouthed kisses over each other's face, moving down feverishly to take turns kissing and licking each other's neck. When his hot breath hit my ear, his tongue and lips following to move over it and into it, a hoarse gasp wrenched from my throat. Both of his hands wrapped into my hair, and I heard a deep groan, almost a growl, from Severus as he pulled my head back by my hair to run hard kisses down my exposed throat, following my neck down to my chest. I never expected a man as stoic and reserved as Severus to be so wildly unrestrained, and my hands grasped into his hair as I tried to grasp onto what little control I felt I had left. His hands left my hair, and I heard the cloth of my shirt rip open to expose my bare skin to him. An unexpected whimper escaped me as I felt suddenly vulnerable to his heated desire. My fear was unfounded, however, and although he was fiercely sensual while being erotically unbridled, he exerted complete control over his masterful touch. His fingers skimmed the outsides of my breasts until his hands settled under them, grasping them, stroking the underside of them with his thumbs as his kisses moved towards my nipple. He licked a circle around the soft pink outline, and then he slowed and turned his face towards me, meeting my eyes, watching me as he enveloped my nipple with his warm, wet mouth. Even though I knew what was coming, the shock of the sensation forced out a gasp and a soft cry. I could see the smoldering look in his eyes, and the depth of his emotions and desire for me shocked me in their intensity. In all my years of living, including my past life, I had never felt the raw yearning desire like I felt for this man.