Chapter 17

*JAZLYN’S P.O.V*

I smiled at the picture once more and continued towards his closet. His closet was a walk-in just like mine, not to big but not too small. In the very back of the closet was a blue plastic bin. That blue plastic bin contained the best thing in life.

Addie and I kneeled before the bin. Addie sung angelic music as I slowly opened the lid revealing the best thing.

Nerf guns. No, I’m not talking about the silly little pistol and shotguns the boys were using. I’m talking about a Nerf bow and arrow, machine guns, a cross bow and even a sniper. This whole bin contained every nerf product my brother and I have ever invested in.

Addie and I geared up in a chest protector and glasses to prevent from being shot in the flesh. Yeah, we took this seriously.

Instead of going to the front yard where the boys were waiting for us, we went to the backyard.

“Blue, llama on top.” I told her the code word for ‘I’m going on the roof.”

“Rooster goes around.” Addie replied.

I went back inside and into my dad’s room where he has a balcony that faces the backyard. His white room seemed plain to mine and Javier’s. I crossed the bedroom and stepped onto the balcony. I saw Addie give me the go sign down below and I began to climb.

Since my dad’s bedroom was on the second floor, I could easily step on the balcony and grab the end of the roof to pull myself up.  It really took a lot out of you since the roof is so high up but getting down was easy.

Once on the roof, I laid down and aimed my nerf sniper at the boys who were waiting. Little did they know they were about to be put down.

Addie situated herself far back and to the side of the boys. I nodded my head at Addie who returned it. I looked through my scope and debated on who I should hit.

Louis.

I smirked and pulled the trigger sending an orange nerf bullet speeding straight at Louis’s head.

“Oi!” He exclaimed rubbing his head.

“Where did that come from? Okay, which one of you shot me? Seriously! We’re on the same team!” Louis babbled turning to his teammates. Addie and I took this as the perfect time to attack. I positioned my sniper on the belt of my chest protector along with my mini machine gun. I removed my bow from the strap on my back and grabbed a single orange arrow.

Addie had the big machine placed at her hip. I nodded my head yet again and we began to swarm the boys with our orange bullets. I felt like Katniss Everdeen with my bow and arrows, unstoppable. I was going quick, pulling out an arrow, putting it in and releasing.

Addie on the ground was a mad man. In one hand she held the machine gun with the help of her hips and in her other hand she clasped a shot gun. She was releasing clouds of bullets at the poor boys who just comprehended what was occurring.

The boys sprinted into their home, thankfully. I was running out of bullets!

“Addie! Get all the bullets! I’m going to get down! We have to find a new spot because they know!” I called down to Addie.

She gave me thumbs up in acknowledgement.  I jogged over to the edge of the roof and jumped down on the balcony. I ran downstairs and into the front yard to help Addie. I jumped the fence and collected all my arrows and as many bullets as I could muster. From there, Addie and I hopped the fence back into my yard.

“L O L at how were going to my house and now we’re in a nerf war. I mean I guess.” Addie chuckled.

“I know!” I exclaimed.

“Alright, we need somewhere to hide.”  Addie said scouting the area for a decent location.

“You got the bushes, I’ll get the tree.” I replied already heading to the single tree in my yard.

“Deal.” Addie said.

I scaled the tree and perched myself on a steady branch.

I arranged myself to face the boy’s house so I could get a clear shot. I was about to ask Addie if she was good when the door to the boy’s home banged open. In an instant, the boy’s came running out with a rectangular table in hand.

I looked down at Addie wide-eyed while trying to contain my voice. They got a shield! I face palmed myself for not thinking of that. Luckily, the boy’s hadn’t noticed us yet so that was to our advantage. They laid the table on its side but since I was up on the tree, I still maintained a clear shot of all of them.

I winked at Addie to let her know I was going in motion. I plucked out an arrow and arranged it on my bow. I pulled back the string so my hand touched my cheek. I closed one of my eyes and aimed the arrow.

In one movement, I freed the string sending the arrow flying towards a certain curly haired boy.

He screamed in shock and frantically looked around for the source of the arrow. I bit my lip to contain my laughter and reloaded. The next arrow was sent towards Zayn who was on the outside. The boy’s all abruptly stood up and looked on top of the roof. I signaled for Addie to begin her assault. From inside the bush, bullets surged towards the boy’s. I began to reload and aim for all of them.

“Okay! Okay! We give up!” Harry hollered while taking cover behind the table.

Addie and I immediately stopped and I climbed down from the tree.

“The tree! I should’ve thought of that!” Liam mumbled.

I couldn’t help it so I shot Louis in the chest before putting down my weapons.

“Hey!” Louis yelled, clutching his chest.

“Whoops.” I whispered with a smirk.

“It’s pretty sad you guys just lost to two girls.” Addie stated raising her eyebrows.

“And you have four people.” I added also raising my eyebrows.

“You guys aren’t normal girls.” Zayn muttered.

“No. We’re secret ninjas in disguise as girls.” I told him seriously with a poker face.

“Hey! I’m nineteen! I’m an adult aka a women.” Addie declared shoving me lightly.

“You don’t act like you’re nineteen!” I told her pushing her back.

“You don’t act like you’re eighteen!” She shot back at me.

“Ask me if I care?” I smirked at her.

“Do you care?” She asked, tilting her hide to the side.

“Pineapple.” I stated.

“That work.” She said shrugging. I went back inside to grab a bag so we could pick up all the bullets. After we picked up the bullets, the boys left to take care of some business.

“We should probably go to your place.” I told Addie after we put up everything.

“Probably.” She replied. We drove to her apartment in my car with the music blasting.

“Call Ayden!” I yelled at Addie over the music. She took her phone out of her pocket and dialed.

“Hello sexy camera man.”