CHAPTER 14

There he was , scared , head hung low, and trembling. Meeting the eyes of the elder, who just came out of the bathroom shook him and he squealed into himself in fear. Spooning his knees to his chest, he clutched his arms over the knees and slid backward until his back was against the wall. He was expecting to wake up in Lu's room. He felt stupefied. 

Dropping his head at the crook of his knees , he started to weep. Whisper tones , yet it was clear enough for the elder to hear. 

"Yibo !" He called walking nearer to the bed. "Yibo! Listen to me ... " Saying he sighed. The younger almost flinched and started to moan in fear, once he felt the elder taking seat right next to him. Shuddering Yibo wanted to speak , but it went unheard. His hands were trembling, eyes pouring river, lips quivering and he seemed to grow pale in fear. 

"Yibo! Stop fearing I won't harm you... Didi! I won't harm you. Please stop fearing..." Zhan scooped nearer to the broken soul. Wrapping an arm around the younger's shoulder , he pulled him into a side hug. "Zhan Ge! I'm sorry ... I'm sorry.. I.." His voice trailed off, as his sobs became audible. The thing he was feared of. He knew he would broke down once he speaks. 

"Yibo ! Do you want to know why I'm so uncertain of our relation... Do you want to hear me out." Asked the elder. Meanwhile Yibo clutched onto his chest and wept until he felt empty within. Nodding his head a little he wiped off the tears from his face. Zhan let go of his shoulder, and Yibo rested back against the bed wall. Zhan slowly took Yibo's hand in his and soothingly intertwined their digits. 

"Yibo! I agree falling in love isn't a mistake.. You have been growing this against me .. And for the time being... I'll ask some time from you.. There's a certain part within me that I want to clarify.. But about my past is what... I would speak now." Zhan sighed mumbling it, while his eyes once stared at the grip of their entangled hands , that suddenly grew firmer as Yibo clutched tighter onto it. Zhan smiled and stared into his eyes. He was happy to see that sincerity and felt comfortable when Yibo silently showed his support rather than uttering soothing words that he has heard a lot. 

"Zhan Ge! I want to hear.." Finally came a reply in a coarse tone. And Zhan knew it was time for him to speak. Facing the younger properly, he once stared into his eyes, and again turned away to stare at a certain distance to begin with his history. A sad history of his journey. Caressing Yibo's cheeks for once with his other hand, he started to clear his throat to speak.

"She was Mei... Before than that I would say I've been living here since I'm 13.. And 2 years later I went through that drastic abuse by the same people that abused me few days back...." He sighed , and cleared his throat again. Glanced at Yibo, who squeezed his hand. He was mesmerized to see how the younger one was trying his hard to make it easier for him to tell the story. 

"Yibo! I'm fine..." He assured and turned to look back at the distant. His eyes parallelly met an aura of sadness. Yet he tried to hide. 

"So I met Mei , when I was 15.. She came to my life when I was most vulnerable... She just shifted to the States that time and her apartment was just next to us... I was upset and became too quiet after that incident.. It was her who one day approached me to play along her.. She was tiny and came running to me calling Gege... Even I thought her to be younger than me... That time we were having our summer break.. or I can say I was having summer break.. We became good friends and slowly it was her who made me smile again.. For that time being.. My motto was to protect her.. The smile she gave me... I knew I had to protect the smile on her face.. Once my school reopened , I got to know that Mei was my classmate.. She came running to me calling Gege.. That was a funny situation.. She forgot to introduce herself to the new class, and straightly came running to me... The teacher called her back to the podium and she introduced herself... Zheng Mei... And I smiled at her... Her giggles that felt on my ears every now and then.. We grew closer... She was glued to me... And finally when we were both 16 I decided to propose her.."