CHAPTER 4

Fearfully walking upto the large hall, Yibo felt as if his legs would soon give in. His heart racing at a speed to an unmeasurable depth. He was scared. And his face described it. Chin quivering from time to time, shaking legs, thumping heart, and a pale face with blinking unshed teary eyes. 

Xiao Zhan wasn't noticing the man until he walked into the hall. He turned back only to see that the timid boy was standing at a distant and refused to near the hall even when he was calling for. "Yibo get in.. Yibo." Gesturing him with his hand to come in. But to his disappointment, Yibo stood froze to the ground. As if he was glued to that spot. Zhan stood there a second or so. And then he could read the younger's face. Yes the tears that were once kept unshed, started to drip down his pale yet flawless cheeks. 

"Yibo! What is it? If you keep waiting here neither you nor me gonna get to eat." Said Zhan while approaching the fear stricken boy at a distant. 'Ahh! This isn't me. I can't babysit him. Fuck dad! Why did you let this trouble on my head?'  Zhan was irritated, he's brows furrowed, yet he tried to calm himself not to fear away the boy. Taking a deep breath , he bent a little to face the boy at his height. 

"Yibo! What happened?" He asked again calmly, and sighing again. "Them!" Was the only thing Yibo said while pointing at the hall. "Who them?" Zhan turned to look at the direction where Yibo pointed. 

"They are lot people. I don't want to go in. They'll b...bully me." Yibo said while hiccupping. Few drops of tears already left his swollen eyes. Zhan understood his fear. Turning his head back to Yibo, he kept one of his hand over Yibo's hair. "No one dares bully you here. Me and my friends will protect you okay. Now come let's go." Saying so he smiled at the boy. Yibo seemed to relax on hearing that they would protect him. He wiped his tears off his face. 

Clutching his hands onto Zhan's arm, he started to walk alongside the elder. Zhan gritted his teeth as he was unfamiliar at these types of close contacts. No one dares touch him, until he wants them to. But here he goes, the guy was clutching to him, as if he was his mother. Staring back at the boy, he could see his face frowning the moment they entered the hall. Suddenly Yibo let go of the hand he was clinging onto and covered his ears, while shut his eyes squeezing it. Zhan couldn't understand. Didn't he just make him secured? Yet again. 'Gosh! God please, give me a break. Nothing is going good since this troublemaker came. I'm hungry. literally for the first time I'm babysitting someone rather than having my food. This is not done. Agh!' 

Zhan was mentally breaking down. Being a short tempered man, his anger won't take any longer to come again, if this kid keeps annoying him to this extent. " Yibo ! Calm down. Come with me this way." He grabbed one of the younger's hand, enlaced their fingers and dragged him towards the table that was surrounded by his friend. "Zhan! Buddy what took you so longgggg.... And who's this kid?" 

Asked Yubin, the moment he reached there, along the timid boy beside him. "Oh! And why are you crying kid. Did Zhan troubled you? Jiejie will punish him, tell me?"  Said Xuan Lu, while approaching the kid next to Zhan. Yibo shook his head in denial, but dared not to speak. Zhan faked a cough and glared a little disheartened at Lu. Xuan Lu chuckled at the cuteness of her friend.

"Lu! You really frame me as the bad guy. But here I'm taking care of Yibo. Oh! By the let me introduce him." Said Zhan and looked at Yibo with a smile. Yibo slightly curt his head at Zhan, but still he couldn't manage to return a smile. Xuan Lu already grabbed the kid's hand and made him sit next to her, while Zhan sat next to Yibo. 

"So this is Wang Yibo. He's really scared since it's his first time being alone. And he's my father's best friend's son and also my new roomie." Said Zhan, while Yubin's eyes almost popped out. "You mean he'll be staying with you. Zhan you never allowed anyone to stay in that room, other than the hoes you bring every night. But wow I'm impressed. This cute boy melted you. Haha!" Teasing him, Yubin burst into laughter.