CHAPTER 13

Hours later that his tears ceased, while his hiccups were the clear definition to his taming tears. Yibo was still cocooned in Lu's embrace, while Zoey was stroking Yibo's arms, that she was firmly holding onto. 

The younger was pathetic. His pale tear stained face. red runny nose, trembling wet lips, swollen eyes, strangled hair. He seemed miserably heart broken. But he had to stop. He knew he couldn't keep crying and derange his seniors. But at that moment he knew, if not for this two elder girls, he wouldn't have felt this better. He felt happy, how they tried to show all the comfort to him, and how much they valued his tears. 

"Yibo! It's fine. ZhanZhan is not that brutish. He just need some time to accept it. .. I have known a little of his past.. He's not yet ready to trust anyone..." Lu said soothing the younger's back. At that comment Yibo seemed to be concern. His mind grew curious and he finally enquired.

"Lu Jie! Wh.. at past *hiccup* of his ?" He asked , still resting in her arms. Zoey coed along Yibo. Even she didn't know about this matter. 

"Yibo! Let's wait for your Zhan Ge to tell you.. It wouldn't be good for me to break the promise I made to him... *sighed* just that he's been through heart break.. that made him the beast ... everyone know him as." And she sighed again. Zoey seemed to be really curious, her face said, yet Yibo agreed to Lu, reluctantly. He knew, it would be better to know from his Zhan Ge. 

"Jie ! I wanna know.. Xiao Ge never says me anything..." she huffs and walks to the door. "Zoey! That's his personal matter.. he said me , coz he was feeling too low that day.. I just happen to know.. " She pauses. She didn't wanted to further talk of that matter. Zoey seemed to be disagreeing, and she left the room , with a pair of puffy cheeks. 

"Lu Jie ! What happened?" Yibo enquired, and Lu knew what he wanted to ask. Sighing she made Yibo lay at the bed and sat beside him. She placed her palm over his temple, and kept stroking and circling around it. She was soothing him like , he was her own brother, she needed to care of. And taking a deep breathe she started. 

"It was in the freshmen year. We knew each other that time, yet we were not that close enough...And one such night, I happen to pass through his dorm.. I heard light sobs.. I was sure it was him... I waited at the door.. I didn't know that the door was unlock, and it happen to get opened, when I leaned over it... " She pauses a little and stares at the younger. She smiled, when she found, Yibo listening to her with all his attention. Her finger's were still feather stroking his temples, brows and hair. Turning her gaze to the distant, she continued. 

"He was drunk.. I walked in and could see him, pathetically crawled into himself at the floor... I called out his name several times.. yet he was dipped into his own world and kept sobbing.... I wanted to back off.. with the thought of giving him space... but the other part of me insisted to take care of him.. I knew something was wrong.. Coz no one ever even saw him getting sad for once.. and that time he just seemed vulnerable.... Walking closer I sat beside him... And then that his gaze fell over me.. He mistook me as someone dear to him... He clung over me, taking her name , and kept mumbling not to leave him.... And I knew someone has broken him... I still not know the whole story.. yet his drunk version.. uttered his scenario to me... he's words delivered me that he was broken... And it was the start of the beast.... that all knows him as.. yet I know he's not in purpose to harm any.."

She panted and breathed heavily, after speaking a lot at once. "Did Zhan Ge said you anything once he was sober?" And Yibo was not done. He turned to face her, and she stared at him with a smile. "I see you are very into his life.. You must be really in love with him..." Said her ruffling his head. And Yibo again lowered his head at that. His eyes became teary.

"I know I.. I love him... But it seems hopeless.." He said weeping lightly. Wiping away the tears, Lu speak again. "Yibo you have learnt to love.. Then isn't it your responsibility to keep hope and even try to convince the man for once.. By the way.. what happened to you guys? I heard screams even last night... Did something happen..?" And it made him go all red. He was flushed at the sudden question. He was embarrassed.