Number 8- BS

I kind of like this one, though it's marked number 9 because of Vale. Enjoy.

A New Year for the DragonStone Tamer Society!

Skylar grinned wide to himself as he gazed at the sight before him. All his friends from the planets were gathered here on Pliera for the big New Year’s party that both he and Saige had planned. Everything was perfect, well almost everything anyway.

Saige, her father, and the little kids were having fun; Wiloren, Monika, and Kalia were talking to one another by one of the snack bars; Xane was sitting on a bench, drinking the night away with some guy that his uncle had been friends with; Narik was hanging out with his boyfriend Amira; Dezzy was telling a story to Yori and Kliro; and Valena was having a great time with her girlfriend Keiri and little Kera.

But something, to Skylar, was very off with this picture. His favorite prince, Kaiden, wasn’t there yet. He wasn’t even sure if he’d show or not.

Skylar put on a small and very real disappointed look before giving a fake bright smile to Saige as she walked over to him.

“You don’t seem to be having much fun, Sky,” she grinned at him and he shrugged.

“I don’t mind much, I’m not a big fan of the holidays, unlike some people.” He lied. In truth, he was always a big fan of the holidays, especially New Years. He had always dreamed that one day, he’d find the right guy for him and share the New Year’s kiss with him, but he knew that would never happen. Not as long as he kept up his little charade around the others.

“If you don’t care for holidays as you say, then why, may I ask, did you put up the most work in getting this party ready?” she asked, pressing the issue, and Skylar blinked a few times before huffing and looking away, crossing his arms lightly.

“Is it such a crime to make other people happy?” he questioned her and she shook her head.

“It is when you aren’t happy with the outcome. So tell me, why is it that you aren’t happy?” she asked, smiling at him. “You can tell me.”

Skylar gave a soft sigh before letting his guard down, he knew he could tell Saige anything, but he didn’t want to give up everything. He didn’t want to really get her involved with his own troubles. “Well for one, my best friends back home aren’t here to enjoy New Years with me…” he mumbled. And my uncle too...

“Is that all, or is there more?” Saige knew what was going on, she just wanted to see if Skylar would tell her the truth.

The very truth was that he wanted so bad to spend New Year’s Eve and New Years with Kaiden, the very 'demon' prince who had once sided against the Tamers in the battle with Midnight and Sephiroth. And she knew that, and that was why she had a plan just to make the dragon teen happy on this very night.

“It’s not like it matters what makes me happy anyway, I’m just glad others around me are.” He said, finally speaking after a long silence.

“Well that doesn’t make it very fair to you, Skylar.” She then sighed deeply in frustration as she noticed the moon was almost directly above them, signaling midnight was only minutes away. “Skylar, what do you really want?” she purred out, going for her plan instead of waiting for Skylar to admit what he wanted.

She leaned in closer to him, making sure she didn’t back him against a wall for Kaiden’s sake. She smirked mentally as she saw his blush and continued to lean closer until her lips were only inches from Sky’s.

“Sky…” she whispered out his nickname watched as he closed his now dark blue eyes and his blush deepened.

“I…” he gulped and she sighed mentally once more before seeing the familiar crimson and dark blue dragons flying towards them and she gave a large grin.

“This would’ve been a lot easier if you had just admitted what you wanted so I didn’t have to do something I don’t want to do.” She made sure to add the boredom and frustration in her voice before seeing as Kaiden jumped off Michiko and the dragon, as well as Ilyona, flew away. She grinned once more as she saw the heavy glare that he gave her and she winked at him, pushing Skylar towards the prince, who had a smirk now on his face.

Skylar felt himself being pushed back and was about to open his eyes to see what was going on until he felt himself being turned around and felt someone’s lips on his own, hearing fireworks in the background, saying it was now officially New Year’s. Cheers and hollers went up all around them.

He had wanted to open his eyes to see who it was that was kissing him, but couldn’t, seeing as he melted into the kiss almost a second afterwards and ended up wrapping his arms around the persons neck, deepening the kiss with much satisfaction. In truth, it was the best kiss he’s had, ever. And with it being the New Years kiss, it was even better.

He had figured it was Saige but for one, he never pictured kissing her was like this, and two, the one he was kissing was bit taller than her.

The kiss lasted at least a minute before the two boys had to pull away to catch their breath. Kaiden smirked wide at the little dragon in front of him and watched with excitement and curiosity as Skylar’s eyes opened, his beautiful sky blue eyes sparkled in the lights.

“Happy New Years, Skye.” Kaiden said, smiling wide as he saw Skylar’s face go bright red and his eyes widen.

“K-kaiden!?” he gasped and touched his fingers to his lips, very surprised and shocked beyond belief.

“Surprised to see me?” the prince asked and Skylar blinked a few times, seeming to not believe any of this.

“Y-you were… But Saige…” he paused to recollect himself and finally just went with the following: “You… kissed me…” Kaiden laughed at his dragon’s expression and his words and he grinned wider.

“And I’ll do it again.” He said simply before pulling Skylar in for another kiss in which Skylar didn’t hesitate to participate in; completely forgetting about everything else in the world around them. Skylar purred softly and smiled against the kiss, wrapping his arms once again around Kaiden’s neck.

Best New Years ever. Skylar thought in content.