。 °。 ° ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 31- ᴋɪᴛᴛᴇɴ

Your eyes open slowly, instantly being encountered with the same cold room as yesterday. Except this time there was an object resting at your feet. You lean forward, the chains clacking against your wrists. A small pile of clothes lay on the ground, with a metal key on top. 

You pick up the key, watching as a small note drifts and falls out of the pile. A squeak leaves your lips whilst you reluctantly pick up the paper. It seemed to be a letter, with neat handwriting written on it. 

Hope you had a good nap, kitten. 

I saw that your clothes were soaked, so I got you some to change into. If you don't like them tell me and I'll get you more. The key opens the chains, but not the door, so don't even try it. 

I'll be back soon,

-Shinso. 

You exhale softly, fidgeting with the grey key in your left hand. So, you had a few minutes of freedom to change and examine to room. Or, at least that's what you assumed. You instantly place the key into the hole from the chains, and begin turning until you hear a click. 

The restraints immediately fall to the ground with a loud bang, stinging in your ears. You wince in pain at your blood circuit finally moving throughout your arm. Picking up the clothes you realize it's a purple onesie with small cat ears on the hood.

It was surprising that Shinso had good taste. Or maybe he just liked cats a lot. You carefully undress, gazing at the darkened corners around your body. Eventually, you put on the outfit, the onesie soft and squeezing you tightly. 

You then scan the basement, not noticing anything but cemented walls and suspicious blacked out corners hidden by the shadows. You slowly walk around, being careful to drag your feet along the ground so you don't trip or step on anything. It was dark, the only light source being a bulb from above. It didn't shine that well, making this search even harder. 

Though, you didn't even know what you were searching for exactly. An escape tool, perhaps? Or maybe you were finding a place to hide, incase Shinso ever snapped like the others did. Even with your mind being blank on why you were doing this action of examining, you still continued, attempting to refocus. 

You exhale, not finding anything except for the shadows and thin tension surrounding you. After looking through, what seemed to be the whole room, you give up and take out the key from your onesie pocket. Even if the insomniac said you couldn't open the door, it was worth a try, right?

Walking over to the door, you notice a small keyhole hiding in plain sight on the handle. You smile to yourself, placing the key into it. Hopefully this worked and Shinso doesn't spot you. 

You hold your breath as the key slowly turns to the left. Though, nothing clicked. Meaning, the key didn't fit. 

"Crap." You mutter on your breath, retrying the attempt once again. 

It didn't work the second time. 

Or the third. 

Or the fourth either. 

You grumble to yourself angrily. It fit right? So why didn't it work? You lick your dry lips, placing the key inside one last time. You turn tightly again, feeling a contraction between your metal and the door. You almost scream in exhilaration. 

But, turns out the door didn't open because of you. 

The same male from earlier opens the exit, a confused look on his face as he watches your feared expression. You back up, almost tripping on the cold floor. He simply gazes, his cheeks turning a pastel pink. You were done for, it was final. 

"You look really pretty." 

Or.. perhaps not. 

"W-What..?" You mumble, shocked that Shinso didn't yell at you as soon as he entered. A hum escapes his mouth as he brushes his verbena colored hair with his fingers. 

"I said you're really pretty. You don't mind me saying that.. do you?" He asks, his features and tone seeming to darken on the last sentence. You hesitantly nod, not wanting to provoke the male. He nods, his face lighting up again. 

"That's what I thought. Anyways, do you like the clothes I brought you?" 

"Y-Yeah." You whisper, rubbing the back of your neck awkwardly. He raises an sharp eyebrow, not seeming to believe what you spoke. Sighing, he turns his eyes away, since it seemed he couldn't become any redder.

"You're not lying to me right..? Because I said I woul-"

"No, no.. I-I like it..!" You interrupt, tapping your foot on the cool cemented ground nervously. Hitoshi lets out a hum of approval, a pleased smile forming on his lips.  

"I'm happy you do." He remarks, obviously not seeming mad about your attempted escape. That's new. You smile warmly, rubbing the soft fur of the outfit. The tired male stays silent for a moment, scanning the empty room for a moment before exhaling roughly. 

"..Okay, how about I let you stay out of the chains for a bit until I'm done cooking dinner?" Shinso asks, nudging his head towards the restraints laying on the floor. You shake your head up and down repeatedly, excited to be free for a little longer. 

He chuckles, caressing your soft cheek lightly. You flinch, though hold still afterwards in fear. After he's done, he steps away from you and heads to the unbreakable door. 

"Alright, see you soon love." He soothes, stepping out of the room in a dash. You sigh calmly, rolling your head in a circle before squatting down. Wow, he must be in a good mood tonight. 

Too bad you were going to take advantage of that kindness. 

Hitoshi smirks to himself as he exits his room. Even if you were smart nowadays, you still couldn't figure out his little secret. It made him feel almost guilty that you felt so victorious in yourself. How cute. 

"Oh kitten, how pretty you are. Even when you're so idiotic." He mutters, laughing to his own presence, his bagged eyes glowing with insanity at the door he just exited from. 

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"Ugh, she's gone so soon? Maybe I should stop playing around and steal her once again!"

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

・ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ; 30・

・ᴡᴏʀᴅꜱ; 1059・

・𝕡𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕖 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕕 𝕞𝕪 𝕞𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕜𝕖𝕤. 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕜𝕤 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘!・