Recovery (Short)

It was the day after Y/N's hospitalization. He laid in his bed caressing his bandaged arm. It was weird to say but he was proud of it. Nothing would come easy and he was fine with that. He was waiting for something and in the meantime he was watching the tv he had.

TV : Todays news brings you the update on the robbery yesterday. The robbers were apprehended by Team 6 in a chase through the village. All money has been returned to the bank and one of Team 6's members is currently in the hospital. Thank you to those brave shinobi who saved the day.

Y/N's room was then intruded upon by Mirai and Mika with the things he requested.

Mika : We have arrived.

Y/N : Finally.

Mirai : We can help if you want to.

Mika : I can't I have to practice to my air palm.

Y/N : Well I guess that okay. I did say me and Mirai could hang out together.

Mika : *Nudges Mirai* Ok I see the lovebirds shall take flight.

Mirai blushed but Y/N didn't hear what she said. Mika left and left them with each other. An awkward silence ensued.

Mika : Shall we get started.

Y/N : Sure. Lets do it.

Y/N did most of the drawing, while Mirai had done the coloring. She did the work Y/N would do when he was finished overall.

Mirai : You can really tell how much work you put into this. This manga is gonna be fantastic.

Y/N had been working on this manga for 6 months, and every moment he had free he had been working on it. With all the manga he'd read he just wanted to give it a try and found that he quite enjoyed it. He even went to Sai and Inojin for tips for art. Mirai admired his dedication and often offered to assist him.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi Y/N drawing stick figures

It had been a few hours and the two took a break. The wanted to go outside but due to Y/N's leg Y/N had to lean on Mirai. He sat up and then stood up and since he was little taller than Mirai so he could lean down on her. She smiled when she felt his arm on her shoulder and she responded by placing her hand on his waist which made him blush return. They walked through the hospital at a slow pace.

Y/N : I'm sorry we have to be so slow.

Mirai : It's fine. You're supposed to be recovering. And the little exercise you can do will help you heal faster.

Y/N : *Opens door* Nice, there's a bench.

They both sat down and watched the village thrive with life.

Y/N : Who would've thought that my life would turn out like this. Weird.

Mirai : What'd you think would happen if Sasuke didn't find you?

Y/N : Probably dead, honestly.

Mirai : *Snorts* You always were honest about things. Well I'm glad that you decided to come to the Leaf.

No words we're spoken between the two anymore. A silence ensued and soon Mirai felt something fall on her shoulder. Looking over she saw Y/N's head on it as he was sleeping.

Mirai : You are so cute!

Not wanting to bother him she stayed there and even fell asleep by leaning on his head.

Mini Timeskip

Y/N woke up once again and found himself in his bed with a weight beside him. Looking over he found Mirai latched onto him and he even had one of his hands wrapped around her but he didn't move it. He looked at his table to see a note.

Note : We found you sleeping outside, hope you didn't mind us putting Mirai in bed with you-Hospital Staff

Y/N went back to looking at the manga she had colored and he was pleased. He looked at Mirai and noticed how cute she was. He brushed her hair from her face and eventually found himself staring at her.

Y/N : Really glad I'm not dead.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi Shikadai and Shikamaru hiding from Temari

The next day Y/N was in his room working with Mirai. They were so engrossed in their work, they didn't notice someone had arrived in the room. Kakashi or his clone perhaps stood before them.

Kakashi : I see you are up and early.

Y/N : Father what are you doing here?

Kakashi : I wanted to ask how you managed to pinpoint a person to question in your little escapade.

Mirai : *Sweats* Just a hunch.

Kakashi : Mirai I knew your father. I know when your lying.

Y/N : I recognized the guy from when we were painting the buildings, he spoke to one of the police officers.

Kakashi : I suppose you could have seen him. Well I got the crazy idea you stole police files.

Y/N and Mirai breathed a sigh of relief.

Kakashi : However. I can't just overlook that you all did something so reckless and inadvertently put civilians in danger. Yourselves could have been hurt. So you will have cleaning duties. I've already informed Mika and Hanabi.

Mirai : I feel like we should be more severely punished. Why aren't we?

Kakashi : That senile duo Koharu Utatane and Homura Mitokado (Those old assholes who help run the village) seemed insistent that I strip you of your rank and probably even imprison you. However you did solve the crime and even though you only delayed the explosion. You still saved a lot of people.

Y/N : Thanks for sticking up for us. So what are our cleaning duties?

Kakashi : You will be cleaning the archives. It's just been collecting dust for the most part. You dont have to do it now. Just wait for Y/N to heal and then you will do so.

The two bowed and Kakashi left.

Mirai : Good thinking of lying about seeing that guy.

Y/N : Yeah I just said it and it sounded convincing.

The two resumed their work and Y/N continued to focus on getting better for the remainder of his stay at the hospital