Genin Adventures II

The day after what Team 6 would consider their first real mission. Hanabi treated her squad to Lightning burger for the job being so well done. This was there day off so they could rest up. They had just ordered their food and were waiting. Until it arrived they conversed.

Mika : First real mission down.

Mirai : It can only go up from here.

Y/N : That's a lot of hard work. Though I suppose I'm fine with that.

Hanabi : Hanabi : Hard work indeed. This is just a stepping stone.

Y/N : To achieve our goals.

Mika : What are your goals Y/N. Being Hokage like your father?

Y/N : Being Hokage doesn't really interest me.

Hanabi and Mirai : Really?

Mirai : Most kids strive to be that. Even the thoughts crossed my mind and even Mika's.

Mika nodded in agreement.

Y/N : Sure it's an important job. However the field just feels more natural to me. I can't really imagine myself as a person with a desk job when my current job has so much more excitement. Diplomacy is boring if were being real anyway.

Hanabi : So you're an action junkie. Well I suppose everyone is different.

Mirai : I can see where you're coming from. When you're Hokage, the skills you once had can no longer be utilized unless times of emergency.

The food then came and the group began to eat. Mika sparked conversation again.

Mika : I'm just excited that we'll be getting better jobs from now on.

Hanabi : Hold your horses kiddo. Just because we did so well doesn't mean we'll always get mission like that. We still may get jobs hat only take us as far as a gardeners shop in the village.

Mika : Damn it! You'd think after our flawless performance we would be taken more serious and get harder missions.

Mirai : Flawless? You forget that the caravan got stolen. We had to get it back.

Y/N : I agree with Mika though. The mission went from a D to a C, sure Genin are given C ranks but those people have experience.

Hanabi : But you guys are still Genin. And low ranked ones at that, more difficult missions will be hard to come by. The transport/escort mission escalated past the point we anticipated. And even though you reacted well and completed the task you are still much more inexperienced.

The children were upset by the answer.

Hanabi : However...* Smiles* That missions outcome definitely put you on the higher ups radar. Even though you'll get some of these boring missions from time to time for now. Whenever a mission comes up where the difficulty calls for someone of Genin or low Chunin. You will be one of them teams they consider. And considering how well you acted in that last mission when things became more dangerous, that may make you better ninja overall.

This answer rose their spirits. She was right. They continued to eat and when they were finished they split off from each other. The day was still early so Y/N decided to visit his favorite people. Sasuke had been gone for a while so he visited the Uchiha household first.

Arriving he saw Sarada playing in the front yard. When she saw him she ran to him and climbed him up to his shoulders as she usually would.

Sarada : Why did you take so long to visit? *Pouts*

Y/N : I had a mission and just got back yesterday. Today is my day off. I'm sorry.

Sakura : Glad to see that your safe, heard it got dicey.