Genin Adventures

It had been a few months since Y/N and his friends were promoted Genin. Sasuke even gave Y/N a gift for this accomplishment

 Sasuke even gave Y/N a gift for this accomplishment

A/N : I have no clue what the text on the sword says

With it Y/N became proficient in Kenjutsu. (Sword Techniques). But he wasn't using it all that often due to the nature of his missions. He was usually given low rank missions mainly D rank missions which was easily completed by his team. Y/N's team consisted of himself, Mirai and Mika. They were under the command of Hanabi Hyuga and they were dubbed team 6. Todays mission was simply helping out at a farm.

Hanabi : Alright. We need to make rows for the crops, Mika that's yours, Mirai I want you harvesting the crops that are ready and Y/N use your clones to plant new crops in the rows already there and in the ones Mika finish making. Now lets get to work guys.

Team 6 : * Unmotivated* Yes sensei.

Hanabi : Why so glum?

Mirai : We didn't know these were jobs that we would be getting as Genin.

Y/N : Obviously we didn't expect high octane action from the jump.

Mika : But we thought it would be more exciting.

Hanabi : C'mon guys. The missions will get exciting from time to time.

Y/N : You said that yesterday when we helped an old lady with her groceries.

Mika : And the week before that. When we spent helping that old man catch a dog, which resulted in him remembering his dog was dead for 5 years!

Mirai : And the time we had to clean up the academy after a failed jutsu.

Hanabi : Look guys I'm sorry but this is what we have to make do with. I know it gets monotonous from time to time. How about this, depending on how well you do I'll see if I can get us a better mission next time.

The three looked amongst themselves not really with a look of hope but agreed to the terms. The kids got to work. Mika used her earth release and made perfect trails in the ground. Y/N followed up with his 8 clones and planted the seeds. Mirai was harvesting the crops but she kept her attention on Y/N. Hanabi who was helping her looked at her and grew a mischievous smile on her face.

Hanabi : So the Hokage's son huh?

Mirai : Huh? *Blushes* No we're just friends.

Hanabi : He's not a bad choice *nudges Mirai's shoulder* So when are you gonna make a move?

Mirai : I-I told you, we're just friends.

Hanabi : Oh man you're just like my sister only not as bad and in denial. Look, if you don't someone else will. I can guarantee it. I've seen other girls looking at him.

What Hanabi said stuck in the back of her head the rest of the day. Hours later the team finished their work, the crops were harvested and new ones were planted. The man who hired them was very pleased with their work and invited them for dinner. As they were eating Y/N struck up question.