Chapter 38

Vacation

I already have my things set for tomorrow. We will be leaving early in the morning to El Nido in Palawan. I miss swimming! It's been so long, I miss the beach.

I received a text message from my mother last night but I decided to talk to her after we get back to not ruin the mood for this planned vacation. Hindi ko na rin sinabi kung saan kami pupunta at kung may balak ba kami, basta ang sinabi ko na lang ay hindi ako uuwi sa birthday ko. It's not like I'm still eighteen and have a big party with all of their colleagues. That's exhausting.

I just shrugged and decided to sweep my apartment after having a few dust, probably from outside when I opened the window.

I am so excited. I already planned our tour but of course I asked Darko if it's okay to do that dahil hindi lang naman ako ang magbabakasyon kung hindi pati rin siya. He said that it's alright as long as I'm happy. Well, I want it organized so I made a list of pur things to do. I am so excited.

I decided to call Hazel to inform her that we will be leaving tomorrow. I have kept in touch with her since she's been more worried about me than myself. I just know that she will not be happy that I'm back with Darko.

"Hoy, babaita! Kung kailan malapit na ang birthday mo, ngayon ka lang nagkaron ng time para tawagan ako? Tapos hindi ka pa sumasagot sa mga tanong ko!" Bulalas niya agad nang sagutin niya sa isang ring ang tawag ko. Napangiti naman ako. I miss this girl.

"I'm sorry, okay? Nagrereply naman ako, Haze. Hindi nga lang sa lahat ng tanong mo. I've been busy and well..." hindi ko matuloy.

"Ano? Sige sabihin mo! Pinadala ko na nga pala yung libro na gusto mo, tapos ka na nga mag aral lahat lahat, gusto mo pa ring nagbabasa."

"Thanks, Haze. Well, I don't think you'll be happy with what I'm about to say,"

Should I say it now? I don't know. I took my sticky note on the mirror and put it in the trash can. That's a to do list and I'm already done with that.

"Ano ba? Go on, couz. May gagawin pa ako, paki bilisan." I heard her sigh.

I bit my lip, "I'm back with Darko," I finally said it. She gasped.

We had a long chat and as I assumed, she was not happy about it but then she gave up when she realized that there's nothing she can do about it. She told me that she supports me but she's still mad at Darko for dumping me back then.

I also invited Hazel to come with us on our vacation but she declined. She told me na may "landi" pa siya. Kane and Hazel broke up and I guess that doesn't really affected her and like always, she'll probably cry for a night and be okay the next day.

"You're always like that, come on," She said when she showed me her very own line of lip tints. Yes, nagtitinda siya. Noon niya pa pinipilit sa akin iyon na gamitin ko, e hindi nga ako komportable.

"Don't tell me hindi ka nagli-lipstick kahit ngayong teacher ka na?" She exclaimed.

"What's wrong with that?"

"Kung ako kay Darko, matagal naakong nagsawa sayo. Or baka hindi rin kasi mukhang baliw na baliw si Darko sayo kaya nga binalikan ka ni tanga."

After a couple of hours of talking over the phone, I already bid my good bye. I sighed and smiled as I remember how much I missed Haze. Noong mga panahong niyayaya niya pa akong mag bar kahit labag sa loob ko ang mga ipinapasuot niya ay wala akong nagagawa. She's the one who brought me to that party when Darko first kissed me.