Chapter 35

Past

I fixed my things after checking and recording my students' quizzes. It's been a week and I decided to talk to Cd. I've missed him. Hindi na kami masyadong nakakapagbond tulad ng dati dahil na rin siguro sa busy kami and I can feel him distancing his self from me since the day he saw me with Darko.

I don't believe that he still likes me. I rejected him a long time ago and I believe that we are on the same page now.

I texted him to tell him that I am already done with work and that I am on my way to the said restaurant where he wants us to eat.

Darko is on his work and I told him that I have something to do so he doesn't need to pick me up or something. And I already have a car, just bought if few days ago.

Our relationship has been in good shape. I don't get irritated because he knew what I like and that is cleanliness and neatness. Every time he cooks, he always clean every part of the kitchen and I like it. I love it.

I got in my car and drove to the Chinese restaurant. After I went in, I already saw him. I walked towards him and kissed his cheeks. He looked startled as I sat in front of him.

"How are you?" I asked and then he nod with a small smile.

"It feels like we haven't seen each other in a while, while in fact we live next door," he said with a laugh.

I smiled too. He's right. We've been busy for a long time.

We started eating and it feel so nice talking to him again like the last time.

"I'm sorry I didn't told you about Darko and I. You were busy and I was not sure back then if I will take him back."

"Yeah, but you did." He said in a serious manner.

"I did. I still love him. I thought I was over him but I was wrong." I said and took a sip of my champagne.

"I thought you were over him. I thought I would get the chance to date you and I was wrong too." He looked at me with his serious eyes.

What? " What do you mean?" Kinakabahan ako sa isasagot niya. I don't want our friendship to end because of this.

"What do I mean?" He said with sarcasm, "I like you, Heaven. I like you a lot." He confessed. Oh my god. I thought he was over me too?

"I- I thought we're just friends? Why? I thought it stopped?" I don't know what to ask. I am panicking.

"We are friends. When you and Darko broke up, I thought I had the chance but you turned me down. I waited. Years, Heaven. I thought you will like me eventually. But then he came back." He's sad. I feel bad.

"You think I could stop this? If I can then why can't you stop loving Darko?" He's right. There is no such thing as stopping your feelings.

"I'm sorry. I did not know. You are just a friend to me. My best friend." I said trying to be calm.

"I know." His voice broke. Memories of us together flashed in my mind.

When he was braiding my hair. Helping me with the things I need to do at school. Coming here in Manila. He helped me with so much things. It made me feel guilty. I don't think I have done anything for him.

"I'm sorry. I don't want to lose you." I said and bit my lip.

He looked at me with his bloodshot eyes and then he chuckled.

"I love you, Heaven. I will need a few months or years, I don't know. I just need time to let this feeling go." I bit my lip as tears started falling down my cheeks.