Chapter 37

Blast

I looked at Zane who is washing the dishes while I am wiping the table. We had a blast last night but Darko and I already talked because it's a question that I have been waiting to be answered.

"Please tell me," I said while we are standing on the terrace, looking at the bright moon and stars.

"I'm sorry," he said while hugging me from the back.

I was hurt but I am now happy. I just want to know but that really doesn't matter anymore.

"Your mother went to me and told me to break up with you. Of course, I declined. I am so in love with you to let you go. I told her no but I didn't tell you anything about what she said because I don't want to worry you." He started while he buried his face on my neck.

"But then again, she did not stopped. I told her I wouldn't kahit anong gawin niya but she played that card on me and that... I couldn't say no." He kissed my skin gently. I am tearing up.

His hands are on my stomach. Caressing it, "I was so mad but of course she is your mother, I hd to respect her." He added.

"She said that she will get me fired but that didn't scared me, what scared me is when she said that she would locked you up again and will only let you study at home." His voice was hoarse.

He sounded so mad but his hands were gentle on me.

"I was so angry when she said that she would not let my brother in a good school. Pero kung iiwan kita, ippromote niya ako at bibigyan ng voucher ang kapatid ko, and you will have your freedom." His voice cracked.

He's crying. Why would my mother do such thing? She is evil.

"That's what happened. But after you left me in that apartment, I quitted my job and started on my own. I didn't need her help. I just want you. And now, I came back because I know I already have the power to disobey your mother, to let you have your freedom with me. I love you so much."

I wiped my tears. This is too much. I don't know if it's okay to feel this way to my mother but I am angry. For the very first time, I am genuinely angry. Maybe she had her reasons but that reason was not enough to hurt Darko and I. Specially Angel who did nothing wrong but to study! Oh god, what did I do for my mother to do this?

"Ako na dyan. It's okay," Ani ni Zane at kinuha ang basahan sa kamay ko.

Naghuhas na ako ng plato at nginitian siya. I can't believe na hindi nila alam ang ginawa nila mama pero sinuportahan nila si Darko. They are such a great friends.

"Thank you for coming back in Darko's life," aniya bago pa ako makaalis.

"He was lifeless when you're not around. He needed you in his life, Heaven." He added.

I smiled at him and then went to my friends and Darko.

They were playing uno card when I came.

"Sali ka dali! Patapos na kami," Nakangiting pagaaya ni Nora. Si Darko at Vanesia na lang ang naglalaro dahil mukhang naubusan na ang iba.

Darko stopped playing and then tapped his right side. He moved on Kane's side more to make me sit there. Natawa lang ako nang tumayo si Kane at tumabi sa kanan ko habang nasa kaliwa ko si Darko.

Binigyan ako ng throw pillow ni Darko pang takip sa hita ko nang mag indian sit ako dahil naka nighties pa ako hanggang ngayon. I don't think they are going to work.

Siguro ay hanggang bukas pa kami rito. Isa lang ang dala kong pantulog kaya baka umuwi ako mamaya para kumuha o di kaya ay manghiram kay Nora.

I felt Darko's hand on my thigh under the pillow when the game started.