Chapter 52

Requested by elladmeanor1205

Jimin 16

Jungkook 14

Yoongi POV:

"Hey Jimin, did you finish your essay?" I asked as he sat at the dinner table. He gave a shrug. "Isn't it due tomorrow?" Another shrug. I nodded my head as I ended the conversation there, knowing that he's probably tired and I didn't want to bother him. I set his plate down in front of him and a plate for Jungkook who grabbed the utensils.

"Dad, can you buy me the new upgrade for my game?" Jungkook asked as he scooped up some rice. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Didn't you ask for that a month ago?" I asked and he gave me a cheeky smile.

"That was for my other game. Overwatch needs another update!" He said. I wasn't impressed.

"What's wrong with the one that's already there? Why do you need to update it?" I asked as I saw him pouting.

"Because you get new features for the game! Dad, please?" He asked and I shook my head.

"You focus on school first! If you do well, I'll think about it." I said and popped a carrot in my mouth. His body deflated but he continued to eat his food. I eyed Jimin as it looked like he barely ate and was playing with his rice. "Jimin, does it not taste very good?" I asked.

"It's fine." He said as he picked up a small amount and chewing on it slowly. Something was off but I didn't know the reasoning and I didn't want to intrude so I nodded my head and gave a smile. He continued to draw circles with his chopsticks and not touch his food. I was getting worried that his pickiness returned. "I'm done." He said as he stood up but I stopped him.

"Hey, sit back down and eat please. I didn't make you food for you to throw away. Plus I haven't seen you eat all day." I said. He stood there for a moment.

"I'm not very hungry." He said and continued to walk to the garbage can.

"Min Jimin, sit down and eat." I said sternly. He sat back down with the plate in his hands.

"I'm not hungry." He repeated.

"Jimin, you're acting like you're 5. Eat at least a little more. It's good for you." I said as I stared at him before he took another bite. He continued to eat one grain of rice at a time and I bit my lip to stop me from saying anything. Jungkook finished eating and left and only Jimin and I remained at the table. I looked over to his plate and saw the slightest change. He looked up at me and I knew what his eyes were trying to say. "Okay, if you're done, just leave your plate here." I said and he immediately stood up and walked away. I looked at his plate as let out a sigh. He did seem a little off today so I let it go and hoped that the next day was a better one.

The next day was not any better. As soon as he came home from school, he didn't say anything and shut the door to his room. I looked over to Jungkook.

"Is he okay? Did something happen?" I asked but Jungkook shrugged.

"He's been like this all week." Jungkook said.

"I'll make you snack in a little bit; you should get some rest." I said and he nodded his head and headed to his room.

I knocked on Jimin's door and heard a small response to come in.

"Hey, just checking up on you. Are you okay?" I asked closing the door behind me.

"Why wouldn't I be?" He coldly responded. He was definitely not okay.

"I mean, you're not eating, or talking to me, and you just seem a little off." I said.

"Why is that such a big deal?" He raised his voice and I was starting to lose patience.

"Jimin, you don't have to be rude. I just want to talk. What's going on?" I asked as I sat on the edge of the bed.

"Nothing! Just leave me alone!" He shouted and I had enough.

"I have left you alone for you to calm yourself down but you didn't take them so I'm not going to give you any more chances. What is going on? Why are you being disrespectful to everyone around you?" I raised my voice.

"Just go!" He shouted but I wasn't going anywhere.

"How about stand up and bend over your desk? I'm done with you shouting at me in this house." I said and he rolled his eyes but did what I told him to do. I grabbed the wooden ruler that was laying on his desk and swung it down on his pants. He let out a grunt but that was all. I continued to swing the ruler down and he jerked forward but nothing left his mouth. "Jimin, talk to me." I said but there was silence. "JIMIN!"

"WHAT?" He shouted as another smack came down.

"Are you bottling up your emotions again?" I asked pausing for a second. When he didn't answer I started to swing a little harder.

SMACK SMACK

"Why are you being so stubborn?" I asked and he put his hand over his bum to try and stop me. "Get your hand back up." I ordered but he shook his head. I grabbed his hand and smacked him three more time.

SMACK SMACK SMACK

"Why are you being so rude?" I shouted as the ruler landed on his sit spot.

"Just leave me alone!" He shouted which I began to smack a little harder.

"Get your emotions out! I know you're bottling them up inside you and that is not healthy for you!" I said as I saw tears welling up.

"Hurts!" He started to cry but this was different. It was cried of sorrow and pain. I stopped and looked at him. "I'm hurting!"

"What's going on?" I asked softly. His arms wrapped around my neck as he cried harder.

"It's so hard, I'm so tired of everything!" He cried. I patted his back as I tried to calm him down.

"I know, it's okay." I said as I continued to pat his back. When his cries turned into sniffles, I released him from the hug and wiped a tear away from him. "Is it school?" I asked but he shrugged.

"I honestly don't even know anymore. It's school, it's me, it's just everything." He said.

"It's like you're frustrated and confused at everything and everything is moving so fast but at the same time you can't stop and it feels like the world is against you. Something like that?" I asked and he nodded his head. "I know Jimin, I know." I said as I calmed him down.

"I'm sorry for being rude to you. I really wasn't thinking straight and I felt like bottling up my emotions was the best thing I could do in this situation. But I know it's not." Jimin said.

"It's okay! I just don't want you to bottle them up. If there's ever a time you feel like you're bottling them up, please tell me. It's not healthy for your physical and mental health. Your brother had a bad incident because he was bottling up his emotions and that really scared me. Can we promise to let it out when you feel like you're doing it?" I asked and he nodded my head.

"Thank you for understanding." He said wiping a stray tear. I gave me one more hug.

"I love you Jimin, I hope you don't ever forget that." I said.

"Love you too." 

2021 A/n: Don't bottle up your emotions! It's bad for your physical and mental health! I think we have one more chapter until we are back to where we started!! Be kind to yourself and others. Love you guys

QOTD: General check in. How are you doing today? Did you eat? Did you drink water? If you didn't, go do that right now! I know I'm going to eat because I haven't yet!