Chapter 49

Special collab with faiiirymoa (for some reason, Wattpad is not letting me hyperlink)

Jimin 8

Jungkook 6

Yoongi POV:

"Okay boys, I want your rooms clean by 6:00 and maybe we can eat out if you do!" I said as the boys were chomping away on their brunch. It had been a while since we ate out so I thought it would be a great day since the weather was nice and the boys have been really good for the past couple of weeks. I was shocked that they weren't fighting or yelling and they got along really well.

"Oh, Dad can we go to the new one by the school?" Jimin asked as he wiped his mouth with a napkin. I nodded.

"You guys can choose the restaurant but it has to be fair. Also, if you have any homework, you should get that done too.

"Homework and cleaning our rooms? That seems like a lot!" Jungkook huffed and I smiled.

"Well, you better get on it then!" I said ruffling up his hair. They finished their meals and put their plates in the sink before heading to their rooms. I stood up to do the dishes when my phone rang. "Hello?"

"Hi hyung, this is Soobin." He said through the phone.

"Oh, hey Soobin, how are you doing?" I asked. I knew Soobin from when we were in university and unfortunately, he was in the same position as I was.

"Um, a little hectic! I was just wondering if were busy at all today?" He asked. He seemed a little stressed out. I could hear the kids shouting in the background.

"No, I'm not. Why, what's up?" I asked. I heard Soobin's distant voice telling the kids to be quiet. I knew that feeling.

"I'm just having a really hard time with the kids. I'm just wondering if we could meet today and if I could get some advice?" He asked desperately.

"Of course, is it okay if my boys come along?" I asked and he responded with a yes. "Alright, I'll head over in about an hour. I'll see you soon!" I said.

"Thank you hyung!" Soobin said and hung up the phone. I walked over to Jimin and Jungkook's rooms and called them to the living room.

"I'm not done cleaning!" Jimin pouted but I smiled.

"That's okay! We are actually going to go to Dad's friend's house today. Now, there are kids younger than you and you have to behave. If you don't, we aren't going to go to the restaurant and I am going to be very upset. You need to set an example to those kids, okay?" I explained. They both nodded their heads excitedly. I told them to go get dressed and we quickly headed over to Soobin's house. Upon opening the door Soobin was carrying his youngest in his arms and the other two were running around.

"Thank you so much for coming!" Soobin said as Kai started to cry. I offered to hold him while Soobin got the kids settled. We went inside and Jimin and Jungkook began to play with Beomgyu and Taehyun. Kai eventually fell asleep in my arms as Soobin and I sat down at the table while the kids played in their room.

"So, how has everything been?" I asked gently tapping the baby's back. Soobin let out a breath.

"Pretty hard. I just don't know how to control the kids." He said looking at the door.

"I understand, it's pretty tough on your own, especially with a kiddo and young as this one." I said looking down at the precious boy.

"Your boys seem really polite and nice; how do you do that?" Soobin asking which made me chuckle.

"Trust me, they are little devils when it's just us. But I think it's really important that they have respect for others and that's my biggest thing. I mean they aren't perfect, I'm not perfect so I think me and my kids lean on each other for support sometimes." I explained. "I don't like spanking the kids, but since I'm alone and I don't have Minah with me, I use it when they misbehave." Soobin gave a small nod.

"Doesn't it hurt them and you?" He asked.

"Of course! It hurts them physically but it hurts me mentally as well. I try to give them warning or reminders when it's something minor, but if they fight, or do something really bad, I use that method." Soobin sat there and thought for a moment. He was about to speak when we heard the door burst open and all the kids came running out.

"Dad! Jimin won't let me play with the robot!"

"Dad Beomgyu hit me again!"

"I did not! Dad he's lying to you!"

"It's not even his toy!"

Came all at once and little Kai started crying as well. I patted the baby while I pulled my two boys to the side.

"Boys, what did I tell you when we were leaving?" I said quietly but sternly. Both of them pouted.

"To behave."

"To set an example." Both of them replied. I managed to calm Kai down then spoke to Jimin and Jungkook.

"And are you doing that right now?" They shook their heads. "Go apologize to Beomgyu and Taehyun right now!" They waited for Soobin to finish talking to his boys, then sent mine off to apologize. They both pouted out an apology and all headed back into the room again. I looked over at Soobin who seemed to be exhausted. "Are you okay?" He nodded his head.

"Yeah, it just takes a lot out of me when they don't listen." We both sat down and Soobin put Kai in the crib and came back. "Any other tips you have?" He asked.

"Well, I make them raise their arms or face a corner if they need to calm down. But it's a lot of giving your full attention to them and knowing why they are in that position, what they did wrong, and also, most importantly, that they are still loved and that they are still valued. I didn't get that last bit a lot from my father so I'm trying to change that for my kids." I shared. Soobin nodded his head again.

"Thank you hyung." I gave a smile back. He asked me other questions about managing work and home life with the kids and I answered accordingly. I reminded him that these were just my opinions on raising kids and that it was okay if we had differences. I didn't even realize that the time had passed until Jungkook came out and lightly tugged on my shirt.

"I'm really hungry." He whispered. I checked my watched and figured it was time to head out. Soobin agreed and after a long farewell we headed to the car.

"Don't hesitate to call or text me if you have any other questions!" I said as I opened the car.

"Thank you again hyung!" Soobin shouted. I got in as both Jimin and Jungkook were already strapped in. I turned on the engine and turned around to look at them. "Were you guys behaving in there?" I asked raising one eyebrow.

"We only fought with each other and that was a tiny bit! Just for like 2 minutes!" Jimin said as Jungkook nodded.

"Sorry Daddy." Jungkook pouted. "Can we still go to the restaurant?" I let out a chuckle.

"Only if you promise me that you will be on your best behavior!" I said. They both nodded their heads vigorously. "Okay, fine. Let's go!" 

2021 A/n: I guess I didn't write an a/n before hand but thanks for collabing! This chapter was cute hehe. Be kind to yourself and others. Love you guys!

QOTD: Is there something that you miss/haven't seen for a while with this book? ex. "I haven't seen Taehyung for a while, I want t see him" or "I want to see Minah again.", etc. Doesn't have to be a character, it can be a situation as well like "I want to see older Jungkook with asthma" something like that?