The Intruder

❤️Thankyou guys so much for 5k reads!❤️

You shift in your bed as you hear a noise coming from the next room, moving to sit up and out of Aaron's tight grasp as he holds you to his chest

You shift in your bed as you hear a noise coming from the next room, moving to sit up and out of Aaron's tight grasp as he holds you to his chest. His steady breathing stutters slightly as you move.

'Baby?' He asks in his deep morning voice, moving his hand to his eye to rub away the sleep. 'What's wrong?'

'Aaron I think there's someone in the house.' You reply quietly, fear evident in your tone. Both you and Aaron were completely exhausted after just getting back from a case a few hours ago, but the sudden rush of adrenaline you felt from your fear woke you up instantly. Sitting up quickly next to you, the same thing seemed to appeared to be happening to Aaron as he strained to listen to the faint echo of footsteps coming from behind your closed bedroom door.

'Stay here.' He spoke with authority as he reached into your bedside draw and pulled out a gun- his or yours, you weren't sure in the faint light. Not that it mattered. Doing as you were told, you watched as he walked to the door slowly and on light footsteps before he opened the door quickly, placing his gun at shoulder height as he moved around to check the coast was clear. Empty. You watched as he left the room, walking into the faint light that came from the street lamps outside. The yellow light illuminated his bare chest, his abs tense as he had only just woken up. The only item of clothing he had on was a pair of black Calvin Klein boxers.

As he disappeared from view to the side of your door, you reached into your bedside table and pulled out the second gun, quickly reaching for Aaron's dress shirt which lay on the floor and buttoning two of the buttons half way down before following Aaron out of the room. He had told you to stay- he was protective like that- but you were still a fully capable FBI Agent and refused to let him get hurt. You walked a few paces and down the corridor to the slightly ajar kitchen door which Aaron had just disappeared through before you heard a commotion.

The faint sound of a woman's shocked gasp could be heard before Aaron's deep voice boomed out. 'Put your hands above your head.'

'Who are you? Why do you have a gun?' The woman replied as you recognised her voice.

'I said put your hands up. NOW.' Aaron began to shout as he held his gun up at her, you coming bursting through the kitchen door as you watched the woman put her hands up as she trembled with fear.

'Mum!' You shouted as Aaron took a second to shift his gaze to look at you before relaxing slightly. 'It's ok Aaron it's just my mum.' You say reassuringly before lowering the gun in his hand for him, taking it from his grasp and placing it on the kitchen counter with your own before turning to your mum who looked like she was holding back tears. Just as you make eye contact, she lets out a sob. Rushing over to her, you embrace her in a hug and she seems to calm down. 'Mum, what're you doing here? You can't just come in unannounced.'

'I-I-I thought you were on a case.' She replies softly as you lean back from her, rubbing her shoulders as she wipes her tears away, her eyes moving from you, to Aaron, to the guns on the table, and then back again. Breathing a heavy sigh, she stops crying and puts on a tight lipped smile. 'So who's this?' She asks relatively calmly as she gestures towards Aaron who was still stood there in his boxer shorts, his jaw tensed as he tried to make sense of the fact that he had just essentially held his girlfriend's mother at gun-point.